The Wonderful World of Oz

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Larrimah is a town[1] and a locality[4] in the Northern Territory of Australia located about 431 kilometres (268 mi) southeast of the territorial capital of Darwin and about 158 kilometres (98 mi) southeast of the municipal seat of Katherine.
That means Woolworths in Darwin is only around 4.5 hours away. “ If we get goin at sparrows mate we’ll be there fer smoko”

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
There’s a Woolworths in Katherine. So 1.5 hours away.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I bought some Macadamia Nut oil from Australia. I didn't even know Australia had macadamia nuts. I thought that was from Hawaii.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Macadamia is a genus of four species of trees indigenous to Australia, and constituting part of the plant family Proteaceae.[1][2] They are native to north eastern New South Wales and central and south eastern Queensland. Three species of the genus are commercially important for their fruit, the macadamia nut /ˌmækəˈdeɪmiə/ (or simply macadamia), with a total global production of 160,000 tonnes (180,000 short tons) in 2015.[3] Other names include Queensland nut, bush nut, maroochi nut, bauple nut, and Hawaii nut.[4] In Australian Aboriginal languages, the fruit is known by names such as bauple, gyndl, jindilli,[4] and boombera.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Macadamia is a genus of four species of trees indigenous to Australia, and constituting part of the plant family Proteaceae.[1][2] They are native to north eastern New South Wales and central and south eastern Queensland. Three species of the genus are commercially important for their fruit, the macadamia nut /ˌmækəˈdeɪmiə/ (or simply macadamia), with a total global production of 160,000 tonnes (180,000 short tons) in 2015.[3] Other names include Queensland nut, bush nut, maroochi nut, bauple nut, and Hawaii nut.[4] In Australian Aboriginal languages, the fruit is known by names such as bauple, gyndl, jindilli,[4] and boombera.
I just read this. I assume it spread because of the Polynesians migrating all over the Pacific then. You really ought to start doing what the Italians and French do with DOP or whatever to say this is authentic from Australia.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I think they are really Chinese Gooseberry s. NZ have rebranded them Kiwi
I reckon it's ironic when Chinese people import kiwi from California wanting the authentic New Zealand fruit.

Top Bottom