The Wonderful World of Oz

Just sayin’
7A573354-BE3C-4F08-9ABF-E060470E5F5F.jpeg

Spider bites Australian man on penis again

I just love the fact that it says "again". Again?!?!

That may just be the most Australian headline I have ever read. Tears were coming out of my eyes as I read the article, for more than one reason!

Airbnb host admits manslaughter after killing guest over unpaid bill

"An Airbnb host has admitted killing a guest at his home near Melbourne, Australia, who could not afford to pay.

Jason Colton, 42, denies murder, but has pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Ramis Jonuzi in October 2017.

A court heard two housemates held the 36-year-old man down, while Colton beat and strangled him for not paying the A$210 (£113, $149) he owed them."

I use Airbnb at least two to three weeks a month. Remind me to skip it if I ever go to Melbourne.

Airbnb host admits manslaughter after killing guest over unpaid bill

"An Airbnb host has admitted killing a guest at his home near Melbourne, Australia, who could not afford to pay.

Jason Colton, 42, denies murder, but has pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Ramis Jonuzi in October 2017.

A court heard two housemates held the 36-year-old man down, while Colton beat and strangled him for not paying the A$210 (£113, $149) he owed them."

I use Airbnb at least two to three weeks a month. Remind me to skip it if I ever go to Melbourne.
Welcome to Oz fwiffo

Had an email from a friend in Perth yesterday advising that it was 39.5C and too hot to do anything other than drink ice tea all day on the porch.

40c in Perth was the magic number for outdoor workers (construction, mostly) to get the day off. In the days before air conditioning it also meant school classes were canceled and we went to the pool.

Had an email from a friend in Perth yesterday advising that it was 39.5C and too hot to do anything other than drink ice tea all day on the porch.
Perth is full of mad English and Seff Efrikans. No one except Americans (and some asians) drink iced tea. And you don’t sit on the porch. You would sit on the verandah. If you were silly. Sensible people stay inside under air con.

Last week it was up to 40C here, 24C overnight and bushfires just 80 kms away. We had our air con on 60 hours straight at home.

Perth is full of mad English and Seff Efrikans. No one except Americans (and some asians) drink iced tea. And you don’t sit on the porch. You would sit on the verandah. If you were silly. Sensible people stay inside under air con.

Last week it was up to 40C here, 24C overnight and bushfires just 80 kms away. We had our air con on 60 hours straight at home.

And if everyone on the continent kept doing that, global warming would continue unabated.

Now it’s usually 35C to stop work unless it’s air con. Same with bus trips for elderly etc.

40c in Perth was the magic number for outdoor workers (construction, mostly) to get the day off. In the days before air conditioning it also meant school classes were canceled and we went to the pool.

When I was young, we all believed that if the temperature cracked 40 degrees, school would be cancelled. Then it reached over 40c one day in late January or early February and nothing happened - we stayed at school and sweltered in our classrooms!

In hindsight, of course, what else could the school do? This was prior to mobile phones, prior to e-mail, and so it was simply unworkable for the school to send kids home - the most they could have done is let us out of class but keep us in the school grounds, which would basically have been the same thing.

^That's fantastic. Some of the responses to the Twitter post were awesome, too.

"Proposed revision to Australian coat of arms:"

D1LLiLKW0AExv_i.jpg

Rambo - you OK there?

1555301336928.png

A large, flightless bird native to Australia and New Guinea killed its Florida owner when it attacked him after he fell, authorities said Saturday.

The Alachua County Fire Rescue Department told the Gainesville Sun that a cassowary killed the man Friday on his property near Gainesville, likely using its long claws. The victim, whose name was not released, was apparently breeding the birds, state wildlife officials said.

“It looks like it was accidental. My understanding is that the gentleman was in the vicinity of the bird and at some point fell. When he fell, he was attacked,” Deputy Chief Jeff Taylor told the newspaper.

Cassowaries are similar to emus and stand up to 6 feet (1.8 meters) tall and weigh up to 130 pounds (60 kilograms), with black body feathers and bright blue heads and necks.

The San Diego Zoo’s website calls cassowaries the world’s most dangerous bird with a four-inch (10-centimeter), dagger-like claw on each foot.

“The cassowary can slice open any predator or potential threat with a single swift kick. Powerful legs help the cassowary run up to 31 miles per hour (50 kph) through the dense forest underbrush,” the website says.

Cassowaries are not raised for food in the U.S., but are sought after by collectors.

To get the mandatory permit, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission requires cassowary owners to have “substantial experience” and meet specific cage requirements, spokeswoman Karen Parker told the newspaper.

Wildlife officials did not answer phone calls late Saturday and it could not be learned what happened to the bird.

I once stood in a line at Williamstown for an icecream in front of Chopper.
I asked him if he wanted to go first.
He said "Nah mate its cool"

It's quite a good series that Absolute Mad Lads on Count Dankula's channel. Purple Aki was what I supposed was an urban myth back in the late 80s. Lots of stories about rugby players and weight lifters getting raped by Purple Aki who would spend his days travelling to rugby matches and visiting gyms in search of well built victims. Turns out it was true!

That bird is fucking scary
I'm 2 days at least drive away from those fuckers but even I know you don't go near them. Keeping them in USA seems total madness. But then you think AK 47s are a right and look at your fucking leader.

Btw chopper is recognisable not only by his tatts but the fact that he chopped both his ears off in the can.

I was in a courtroom once with Chopper. He was in the dock, his girlfriend at the time was sitting near me. She put on a bit of show for him.

Australia's A$50 note misspells responsibility

The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) spelled 'responsibility' as "responsibilty" on millions of the new yellow notes. The RBA confirmed the typo on Thursday and said the error would be fixed in future print runs.

That's it. I'm going to have to double check the English of all my Australian staff.

The Chinese-Australians making political history

"There are around 1.2 million Australians with Chinese heritage but there has never been a Chinese-Australian MP in the lower house.

When Australians go to the polls on 18 May in a federal election, history could well be made in the seat of Chisholm in Melbourne, where two Chinese-Australian candidates are running against each other."

Australia has never elected an oriental MP? Shocking. fxh fxh might accidentally elect one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom