Things You Just Don't Get

Please shoot me. I just listened to some German person who collects vinyl and has thousands.

Then I am hearing this American bloke who visits graves on his vacation time. He is showing us gps coordinates of Whitney Houston and headstones of the various graves he visited.

I interviewed someone over the telephone and when I asked if she had any questions she said, "No, my dear."

As I climbed from the basement of the bean bag tossing place, some woman said we were the cutest couple. My second cousin and me.

Six months ago it was my lady friend and me at another bar.

Had the full-on outlet village experience in Lelystad today and the Greve shoe store is now open. Greve is the best Dutch shoemaker, but very sadly they stocked the outlet village shop with all the crap cheap and nasty ranges.

Sooner or later everyone ends up in an outlet village, why not include the stuff that you can be proud of, knowing that someone of taste will inevitably be passing through as reluctant spectator?

People putting their birthdays on LinkedIn and inviting people to like that event.

One time I was out to dinner with a woman and she made the remark that some Instagram filter is going to make her food so yummy. I then asked what difference does the filter make if it's going down to our stomachs all the same.

I'm told now I have a passive aggressive nature. Is that really passive aggressive?

One time I was out to dinner with a woman and she made the remark that some Instagram filter is going to make her food so yummy. I then asked what difference does the filter make if it's going down to our stomachs all the same.

I'm told now I have a passive aggressive nature. Is that really passive aggressive?
Youve got to either start hanging out with a higher class of bitches or just accept the fact that the dumb ones are really that dumb.

Youve got to either start hanging out with a higher class of bitches or just accept the fact that the dumb ones are really that dumb.

But she's pretty hot for a 31 year old, single, who never had a kid. Especially for those with Asian fetishes.

professional people who use different colored font in their email. i'm communicating with a guy from charles schwab and all his emails are in a blue color. granted, its not bad, but why is this necessary? your emails aren't going to stand out because they're slightly off-black.

professional people who use different colored font in their email. i'm communicating with a guy from charles schwab and all his emails are in a blue color. granted, its not bad, but why is this necessary? your emails aren't going to stand out because they're slightly off-black.

We use blue but I just assumed it's because of Outlook. Blue and white are our company's colour though.

Challenge coins.

I was just awarded another one and it’s bizarre to see some grown-ass tough as nails guys get all excited about being given a coin for serving on a particular operation.

no, its just this dope. also, he finishes all his sentences with exclamation points!

As Fwiffo mentioned, I think older Outlook defaults to a blue font when replying. Still, anyone sane instantly changes that setting (and doesn't use Outlook)

Challenge coins.

I was just awarded another one and it’s bizarre to see some grown-ass tough as nails guys get all excited about being given a coin for serving on a particular operation.
Wtf is a challenge coin?

I don’t like coloured emails either. Or fancy fonts. I delete all Comic Sans. I don’t get couples who have a joint email address. It’s creepy. Yet I have to put up with it.

It is Fan expo across the street from where I live. Some of the grown adult men who walk out in cosplay need to be screamed at to grow up.

Crikey it's 14c right now. 18c high today. I have to wear my linen scarf.

Why do people call it Arabian Gulf? I vividly recall Operation Desert Storm was partly staged from the Persian Gulf.

Why do people call it Arabian Gulf? I vividly recall Operation Desert Storm was partly staged from the Persian Gulf.

Depends which side of the Iran (Persia) - Iraq (Arab) War you are on.

Martha Stewart won’t be dining with the Ayatollahs this year.

I just figured what it means to look like a snack.

Why do I connect with women more than men? Why are 3/4 of my intimate conversations all with women?

Why do I connect with women more than men? Why are 3/4 of my intimate conversations all with women?
Because you're a ladies man. Plus, what better way for a hunter to go for his prey than by emmersing himself in the prey's environment?

Because you're a ladies man. Plus, what better way for a hunter to go for his prey than by emmersing himself in the prey's environment?

"A ladies man is someone who likes girls and has a lot of friends who just so happen to be girls. Typically, a ladies man is supposed to be someone who's attractive, smooth and masculine (though can be a little flamboyant).

However, a ladies man is far different than a womanizer (meaning player). A womanizer will lie to get a girl's attention; A ladies man will be totally honest; A womanizer doesn't respect women; A ladies man loves women, but shows them respect and is generally good to them."

I get the terms ladies man confused with player, cad, or bounder because I equate all of them as the same.

I find relationships with men rather shallow. We only talk about work, sports or derogatory comments about women or other things that I have no interest in (cars, hunting, bench pressing, any craft or tool related things, video games, comic books, etc.). Older gents seem somewhat skewed to talk about politics and current events but people my age or younger can border on intolerable.

Out of the 9 interviews I did to land this job it was the one on FaceTime with the woman from Germany that sealed the deal. Why? Because in the interview we somehow digressed into my arts background (she studied ancient Greek), her interest in Asian cuisines and travel, and my quirky English. At the end of it she said, "We need you!" - startling as this was a professional interview. I also have a weakness when women say that to me. She also made a comment about my attire. But there you go, I connected with her more than with my Italian boss and my boss said she was my strongest advocate.

Maybe there is a losers’ memorial somewhere for Rhodesuans, Germans and Confederates.

Meanwhile, I agree that Zimbabwe should be allowed to attend, as they apply to rejoin the Commonwealth. It’s stilll a shitty government, but that doesn’t diminish their country’s service during both world wars.

Sooner or later everyone ends up in an outlet village, why not include the stuff that you can be proud of, knowing that someone of taste will inevitably be passing through as reluctant spectator?

Because outlet stores are where businesses try to offload all of the rubbish that no-one in their right mind would pay full price for - it's not for good stuff.

holy shit have you read through that thread to see how he's gone off the deep end? the car has a name.

Elsa. He's calling his car "Elsa". From Frozen. He's named his car after the princess in a Disney children's movie.

That's it - I'm buying a yellow car and calling it Pikachu.

I saw two not unattractive women at the till purchase 120 dollars of groceries - meats, veg, everything. One of them takes out her mobile and starts tapping on a calculator. I thought she assumed she was charged in error but what she was doing was splitting the groceries in half with her flatmate. How do you guarantee you only eat half of a roast?

I saw two not unattractive women at the till purchase 120 dollars of groceries - meats, veg, everything. One of them takes out her mobile and starts tapping on a calculator. I thought she assumed she was charged in error but what she was doing was splitting the groceries in half with her flatmate. How do you guarantee you only eat half of a roast?
split the cost, share dinner. why's that one so hard to understand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom