What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I gave up on Behind her Eyes - characters were all so unlikable.

Trying Two Sentence Horror next.

Kingstonian

‘Murder among the Mormons’

A true crime series on Netflix about 1980s bombings in Salt Lake City. I like the genre. There are plenty of interesting crime stories out there too.

Sent me to to google. You could make lots of ripping yarns about Mormons. Splits between different factions. Clashes with non Mormons. Wars against the state. Fights against the Indians. Attacks on passing wagon trains.
Yet interview them on TV and they seem quiet, conservative suburban types.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
bloodlands - police thriller about a cold case during the troubles that has resurfaced. pretty good so far.

equinox - i tried to get through it but its just so fucking boring. hearing the mother crying over and over and over again was like nails on a chalkboard.

this new season of american gods really sucks.

Pimpernel Smith

Indian Summers on Acorn. Excellent costume drama set in 1930s India. Only one preachy Woke moment so far when an English character criticises the Indian teacher in the orphan school for having copies of The Secret Garden in and not the more appropriate Mahabharata.

Watched Made You Look: The True Story About Fake Art on Netflix. Brilliant documentary on the Knoedler gallery forgeries.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Indian Summers on Acorn. Excellent costume drama set in 1930s India. Only one preachy Woke moment so far when an English character criticises the Indian teacher in the orphan school for having copies of The Secret Garden in and not the more appropriate Mahabharata.

Watched Made You Look: The True Story About Fake Art on Netflix. Brilliant documentary on the Knoedler gallery forgeries.

Wasn't that on Channel 4 in 2015?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Oh okay - same series. It reinforces the fact that the colonies were a wild wild west for a pauper and peasant to remake themselves into a higher class without having 9 generations of Talbot or some other Anglo name going back to William the conqueror.

Also a bit sad about the Parsi people who fled Islam's takeover of Persia and were favoured by the British (or as a former work mate of mine says the Britishers) - reckon they're below 100k total population in India now.

Pimpernel Smith

Oh okay - same series. It reinforces the fact that the colonies were a wild wild west for a pauper and peasant to remake themselves into a higher class without having 9 generations of Talbot or some other Anglo name going back to William the conqueror.

Also a bit sad about the Parsi people who fled Islam's takeover of Persia and were favoured by the British (or as a former work mate of mine says the Britishers) - reckon they're below 100k total population in India now.
Bohemian Rhapsody is all about the plight and then flight of the Parsi.

Journeyman

Supporter
John Irving's interesting and enjoyable novel, "A Son of the Circus" is set in and around Mumbai and has a main character who is a Parsi.

It gives some detail on Parsi cultural practices, including the Tower of Silence on the outskirts of Mumbai, where the dead are left for vultures to devour.

The latter practice is not without some issues nowadays - in recent years, the vulture population has declined significantly, apparently due to the presence of high levels of drugs in animal carcasses, which then poisons vultures. As a consequence, there aren't enough vultures around to effectively devour human remains. This has resulted in complaints about the smell and also complaints about bloated vultures dropping human fragments in the area around the Tower of Silence.

Fwiffo

Supporter
We have to do it like Zoroaster intended for us to do it.

Luckily their insular need to marry amongst one another and the wealth from being favoured during the dying days of the Raj meant they're having fewer and fewer children - if any. Like western society without the immigration.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
One on Netflix turned out to be a good little drama miniseries (I’m about 20 minutes from the end and I’m assuming there won’t be a second season).

Edit: they totally left the door open for a second season.

Last edited:

Fwiffo

Supporter

Marxist Leninist way of life. Plodding and slow but I am finishing the first series.

Rambo

Supporter
line of duty has been great this season. only one more episode to go. they way they've been weaving this overarching narrative for 6 seasons is really fucking impressive. i wish american shows could do this shit.

QuandoDio

line of duty has been great this season. only one more episode to go. they way they've been weaving this overarching narrative for 6 seasons is really fucking impressive. i wish american shows could do this shit.

One of the very few shows worth the hype. I got into it pretty late as I am allergic too hyped shows but I must admit, Line of Duty is generally excellent.

Last edited:

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Dollhouse. As bad as I thought it would be. I really don’t feel any Joss Weedon in it. But it does star Eliza Dushku so you know I’m going to watch all two seasons.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Missus D binged on Shadow and Bone on Netflix and said I should watch it when I’m done perving on Eliza.

Rambo

Supporter
Missus D binged on Shadow and Bone on Netflix and said I should watch it when I’m done perving on Eliza.
keep me updated on that one

the first two episodes of season 3 of The Girlfriend Experience is out on the torrents. paging Fwiffo Fwiffo

Fwiffo

Supporter
keep me updated on that one

the first two episodes of season 3 of The Girlfriend Experience is out on the torrents. paging Fwiffo Fwiffo

That's me because they film it here?

I've never watched it. Or you're referencing because you believe I know what GFE means.

Rambo

Supporter
That's me because they film it here?

I've never watched it. Or you're referencing because you believe I know what GFE means.
i find that surprising. i think you'd like the series.

Rambo

Supporter
watched the new jupiter's legacy on netflix. i never read the comic but this was really horrible. all the characters suck, the actors suck, and the plot and writing was just horrible. i'm amazed they made 8 episodes of this garbage.

Fwiffo

Supporter
tvmain-3.jpg

Flight attendant with Kaley Cuoco. Wow - she lost weight. I remember she said being with that tennis player and eating his diet was not helping.

ter1413

Witness Protection Program
kim-s-convenience.jpg

Anyone catch ^?

I saw a story today that it has been renewed for another season or that it was a must watch on Netflix this month(I forget.) I looked and it was in my queue, but I never started the series.

Good stuff?

Fwiffo

Supporter
It’s a CBC show. That’s all I know. Cult favourite status like Murdoch Mystery.

Thruth

Created the finest posts in internet forum history
Supporter
kim-s-convenience.jpg

Anyone catch ^?

I saw a story today that it has been renewed for another season or that it was a must watch on Netflix this month(I forget.) I looked and it was in my queue, but I never started the series.

Good stuff?
it's Canadian. So Americans might like it like they do Schitt's Creek or Murdoch Mysteries for reasons unknown to Canadians.

Season 5 came to a close and the originators cancelled it.

Arnathor

The Hamiltonian Hung Like a Horse
Supporter
Set looks nice. Otherwise, never watched 5 seconds of this show.

Top Bottom