What TV Shows Are You Watching?

belinmad

Two eps in and it is ok. Definitely one for the fans not for brining new people in. It’s not as good as the show in it’s early prime but still enjoyable like later seasons.
Yup, agreed.

Debbie’s ghost’s character is one dimensional over played, and you can see the plot coming a mile away, but still enjoyable.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
Watched narcos Mexico s3. Really a massive letdown from the previous series.

ter1413

Witness Protection Program
Watched narcos Mexico s3. Really a massive letdown from the previous series.

I thought S1 was good. I caught it a while ago, so I don't remember much. Started S2. Stopped only because I started something else.

Rambo

Supporter
I thought S1 was good. I caught it a while ago, so I don't remember much. Started S2. Stopped only because I started something else.
S1 was good. S2 went down hill. S3 is at the bottom of the hill.

The Ernesto

Trouble is the show is just not that good.
No, first season was ok. There are some episodes that do well after that. The sequence where Billy Bob is captive in Mexico is fantastic.

Up to the pharma one. Not holding out much hope. But, geez, it looks gorgeous.

Rambo

Supporter
No, first season was ok. There are some episodes that do well after that. The sequence where Billy Bob is captive in Mexico is fantastic.

Up to the pharma one. Not holding out much hope. But, geez, it looks gorgeous.
yeah the first season was actually good. but it takes a pretty steep decline despite billy bob being fantastic in all the seasons. man's just a great actor.

The Ernesto

yeah the first season was actually good. but it takes a pretty steep decline despite billy bob being fantastic in all the seasons. man's just a great actor.

He is brilliant.

Illeana Douglas as the soak at the bar is a pretty good incidental performance as well.

Pimpernel Smith

The first episode of The Beatles: Get Back. It starts off pretty badly, they're rusty and sound like a garage band, but then it starts to gel after a couple of days of rehearsing. It's very clear there's an undercurrent and they've outgrown each other's personalities. With the exception of Ringo, who seems to be just there. Paul's the leader of the band now, but the others resent it, but without his pushing I don't think they would get anything down. Yoko's there all the time next to John as well. The episode ends with George Harrison saying he's finished with the band.

The original filmmaker Michael Lindsay-Hogg pulls George Martin aside and says we need to be giving George Harrison more song time and Martin says that it's Paul and John who write the best songs together, to which he retorts that they don't write songs together anymore.

Expected it to be a better, but there's enough there to reveal the creative process and the personality clashes that made The Beatles split. It wasn't just Yoko Ono.

Pimpernel Smith

Finished off The Beatles: Get Back and the second and third episodes are where it's at. You see musicians interplay, delight and creation in full effect. Shouldn't be put off by the first episode, but I think the intent was to show how rusty they were and how quickly they got it together.

The concert on the roof - well a few songs - is great, I've seen clips over the years, and interlaced with comments from those at street level it's fascinating. The hippy fashions are not in evidence at all. Which is interesting, as my father looked like a hippy, albeit in the provinces, in 1973. Thought that look lingered on to the mid-seventies. Not on Savile Row 1970.

Journeyman

Supporter
I'm looking forward to watching it this coming weekend.

I mentioned this plan to my thirteen-year-old daughter and she said, "That's because you're old, dad!"

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I'm looking forward to watching it this coming weekend.

I mentioned this plan to my thirteen-year-old daughter and she said, "That's because you're old, dad!"
I was playing some Velvet Underground in the car recently and my 12 year old told me he doesn’t really like ‘modern music’. He is big on classical stuff since he is learning piano.

We’ll see if those musical tastes survive puberty.

Journeyman

Supporter
I was playing some Velvet Underground in the car recently and my 12 year old told me he doesn’t really like ‘modern music’. He is big on classical stuff since he is learning piano.

My son has pretty eclectic tastes - he started learning the piano when he was four and then switched to violin when he was five years old and has been playing it since, both in school and state youth orchestras.

He likes modern music, including Japanese pop, some rap and some rock, but he also likes 1950s and 1960s swing and crooners, and a lot of classical music. When we're driving, he'll usually put on classical music but the other day, he surprised me by putting on some Punjabi Bhangra music.

So, hopefully your son will similarly continue to enjoy classical music, while also appreciating more modern music.

Top Bottom