What TV Shows Are You Watching?

19-2 was boring

Watching La Casa De Papel. Show from Spain about a bank heist. 2 episodes in and it’s very good so far.
 
Did anyone watch Babylon Berlin? Watched the first episode and I have no fucking idea what is going on with this show.
 
blew threw jessica jones season 2 last night. i really really hated the whole mother storyline. they dropped the ball with that. david tennant popping back in for 2 episodes as a figment of her imagination seemed incredibly forced as well.
 
Did anyone watch Babylon Berlin? Watched the first episode and I have no fucking idea what is going on with this show.

No, but looks very stylish.

Hitler's Circle Of Evil available on Netflix. Superb documentary series, the Liverpudlian historian from my old alma mater is great especially when he say's in the vernacular that Hess was ''doing Hitler's head in.''
 
I enjoyed it. Binged it yesterday and today
it was good. not as good as season 1 and about on par with season 2. overall its a good show.

i'm watching hap and leonard on netflix now. only one episode in so can't give a review yet.
 
Watching The Deuce by David Simon (The Wire). Initially aired on HBO. Slow pace but entertaining.
 
Plus I don’t watch movies much any more.

There's a terrible dearth of talent out there in the Hollywood film studios. It's been in decline since the 90s started, when you had that neo-noir school and the current crop of virtue signalling stars is enough to induce vomiting. I groan when I'm asked to watch a film with the family, but occasionally good films creep through, like USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage. In general, all the good stuff is in series now.
 
Not as many as it seems. I skip through a lot of these shows because they’re boring.

Plus I don’t watch movies much any more.
This week I watched 4 hours of TV with the Ms. All on the one night - we watched 3 hours episodes of THE BRIDGE. Thats about normal for me. The TV has its own room and I hardly ever go there.
 
Strike was very good. Not overly long like Mcmafia either just three episodes.

They make a lovely couple too. Not sure about his health though. Sleeping in an armchair in your office cannot be good for you and there’s the smoking and drinking too.
 
Already watched SP S2, didn't care for it waiting for last seasons of Suits and Better Call Saul to stream.
 
Thanks to Grand Potentate Grand Potentate Ms fxh is now hooked on Bordertown (and me too). And also we are into the Rajneesh/Orange people doco - (shaping up well @ Ep1) = Wild Wild or something - brings back memories ---and I might even recognise some old g/f s --- probably get onto Babylon Berlin - due to friends recommendations - getting my $$ worth out of Netflix at last. I still have the residual feeling that time watching TV is time wasted but.... winter is coming on.. however Ms will dominate TV watching at times with her footy..

The TV room has a nice small Victorian Fireplace - so I've already got some good dense dry small wood ready - make the most of it I suppose.

I'm thinking I should move my big TV tuner amp in from the garage and hook it up to some decent bookshelf speakers I'm not using - it would make another music room then as well....
 
Counterpart finished and was great. Best show of 2018 so far. Admittedly, not saying much there, but it is what it is. This new slate of tv shows really sucks a big dick.

The new HBO show Barry seems really fucking stupid.
 
The reply of X-files 25 years later from the first episode.

It looks fresh and just made, unlike as other shows from that age I even like it now better than before.
 
“My year with the tribe” BBC series.

Idealistic Welshman goes to visit the Korowai people of West Papua.

They are remote ‘noble savage’ material.

They live in high tree huts and walk around naked.

But appearances can be deceptive. There have been visits from other documentary makers in years gone by and the natives have learnt to give them what they are looking for. When there are no cameras, these people wear clothes and live in villages, in clearings, at ground level.

In the course of the series the natives look for cash gifts. These gradually escalate. When they are refused there are threats of violence and bows and arrows are produced.

Lots of conflicted feelings for the documentary maker. The cash is not a lot for a TV company though and if they had been calculating they could have manufactured the clash to make a more interesting TV show.
 
Kingstonian said:
“My year with the tribe” BBC series.
Idealistic Welshman goes to visit the clothing forum people of the world.
They are remote ‘noble savage’ material.
But appearances can be deceptive. There have been visits from other documentary makers in years gone by and the natives have learnt to give them what they are looking for. When there are no cameras, these people wear normal clothes and live in houses and go to work.
In the course of the series the bloggers look for cash gifts. These gradually escalate. When they are refused there are threats of violence and bows and arrows are produced.
Lots of conflicted feelings for the documentary maker. The cash is not a lot for a TV company though and if they had been calculating they could have manufactured the clash to make a more interesting TV show.
 
I'm watching Quantico! Yay. It's unfortunate the Arab woman is gone...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom