What TV Shows Are You Watching?

9e608bf2dc79d4fd0c6112ce52b4efb5b37eb1d6.jpeg

I started this last night. This 6 part series follows the lives of several people living in Paris during the 2019 fire.

The diverse group includes several firemen/women, regular citizens dealing with life situations and some run of the mill Parisian riff-raff.

What I am not crazy about is some of the flashback scenes. It is watchable.

Will reserve rating until I complete.

So far....3/5.

Finished Scratch That on Netflix. I was a bit surprised it ends on a sad note. I thought it was a romantic comedy.

What is it with pairing older female actresses with younger men these days? Men aren't ageing well? In Partner Track it was a 37 year old Arden Cho with a 32 year old Dominic Sherwood.

Now Scratch That has a 44 year old Zoe Saldana with a 28 year old Eugenio Mastrandrea.

I'm not sure how much Netflix spent producing it but it was nice.

9e608bf2dc79d4fd0c6112ce52b4efb5b37eb1d6.jpeg

I started this last night. This 6 part series follows the lives of several people living in Paris during the 2019 fire.

The diverse group includes several firemen/women, regular citizens dealing with life situations and some run of the mill Parisian riff-raff.

What I am not crazy about is some of the flashback scenes. It is watchable.

Will reserve rating until I complete.

So far....3/5.
Spookily - I just got this book out of the library and started reading. Seems great so far - a lot of history and context.

1667287365604.png

Then last night i noticed the thing on Netflix. So I gave it a short whirl. I had thought it was a documentary -but it looks like a "dramatization" - I'm not keen on dramatization at the best of times - I watched the first 10 mins then FF through 20 minutes but it didn't improve. a 0 outa 5 stars from me .

I was in Paris in October 2018. Went to Notre-Dame and noticed just a block away was a free concert that night to honour Emergency workers (police, fireies , ambos) killed in terrorist attacks. So I booked and went along - it was a fantastic concert a mix of classical, avante garde, and also brass from the forces bands too. In an old prison. People dressed up a bit without going all cosplay. I think we may have been the only foreigners there amongst 200 or so audience . We were treated as special. Then in April 1019 it went up in fire.

I started Let The Right One In lastnight - American serial adaption of the Swedish book/film. Off to a good start, but I can see this either holding true to the original’s atmospheric slow and dark exploration of isolation and outsiders or it could become a rip-off of The Strain (humans v. vampires).

Fwiffo Fwiffo finished s3 of Suburra. the ending was a real let down. the whole show pales in comparison to Gomorrah.

Due to fracturing of the streaming market and the arcane science of media distribution rights I haven't seen that.

You powered through that in one day? Attention span issues aside I found the need to read subtitles meant I had to actually look at the screen and therefore made slower progress than an English speaking show.

There were a few characters that mysteriously disappeared in the show including the Sara Monaschi character (she was born 1971 and had two kids by the way) and the Adriano sports radio DJ aka son of the old boss guy.

4K video was not flattering for Angelica the gypsy princess and her arm hair but she seems to have cleaned it up in the second season.

Due to fracturing of the streaming market and the arcane science of media distribution rights I haven't seen that.
all 3 seasons are on netflix.

You powered through that in one day? Attention span issues aside I found the need to read subtitles meant I had to actually look at the screen and therefore made slower progress than an English speaking show.
no i had seen the first half of season 1 a while back. then over a few days i sped through s2 and into s3. i skip through a lot of the boring parts and most scenes with the gypsy mother and older son who creeped me the fuck out.

There were a few characters that mysteriously disappeared in the show including the Sara Monaschi character (she was born 1971 and had two kids by the way) and the Adriano sports radio DJ aka son of the old boss guy.
yeah she fucks someone in s3 and then just walks off never to be seen again.

4K video was not flattering for Angelica the gypsy princess and her arm hair but she seems to have cleaned it up in the second season.
none of the ladies were attractive other than the ex wife of the politician and sara.

started the new interview with the vampire series. not a big vampire person in general but its pretty good after two episodes. excellent production values and the story is entertainingly told so far.

started the new interview with the vampire series. not a big vampire person in general but its pretty good after two episodes. excellent production values and the story is entertainingly told so far.
Check out Let the Right One In.

I finished Drink Masters.

One of the guest judges was from One Flew South which I remember during m frequent travels in and out of Hartsfield.

Anyone up to date with Andor yet?

Maybe it is because of the Rogue One guy but I am trying to understand what is the difference between the rebels and the empire? There are decadent useless gits on both sides and both sides have the people who do the same despicable immoral dirty work.

Why struggle as part of the resistance on the outer fringes of nowhere when you can get a steady pay cheque and a dry cleaned uniform go with it? The Romance with a capital R of being part of the good guys is gone. Either that or I became a cynic.

Anyone up to date with Andor yet?

Maybe it is because of the Rogue One guy but I am trying to understand what is the difference between the rebels and the empire? There are decadent useless gits on both sides and both sides have the people who do the same despicable immoral dirty work.

Why struggle as part of the resistance on the outer fringes of nowhere when you can get a steady pay cheque and a dry cleaned uniform go with it? The Romance with a capital R of being part of the good guys is gone. Either that or I became a cynic.
This is a pretty good microcosm of why your political posts are such dogshit.

Oh my God, Claire Foy is back for another cameo in The Crown.

I watched 5 eps of The Peripheral on the plane today - fantastic show! I’m really liking this one.

I’ve struggled through a few Interview with a Vamps but it’s pretty dull.

Let the Right One In is still delivering.

I watched 5 eps of The Peripheral on the plane today - fantastic show! I’m really liking this one.

I’ve struggled through a few Interview with a Vamps but it’s pretty dull.

Let the Right One In is still delivering.
Opposite opinions on all the above so this should be interesting.

Watching this fifa uncovered documentary on Netflix. Not only was Blatter, Jack Warner, platini are corrupt the f$cking Arabs are corrupt too.

I'm struggling to keep up with Andor.
I’ll keep repeating that The Peripheral is another great show, but you really need to binge it - watching weekly installments makes it just too hard to keep up with.

I’ll keep repeating that The Peripheral is another great show, but you really need to binge it - watching weekly installments makes it just too hard to keep up with.

Only six episodes. Great for my attention deficit disorder.

AAAABeNco5BUdmICYECNUa4IjjYGKt2cvqvmnJuSzyyUI-fc1TIscSQ-ImwsuHFGjC2is3ea67UMFgb4BlPTJRbsJFMHdOY4R910a56lhoCsU0cmPnqd8PYQuE9DZEguLyBWrTLgmy1CsS9fcZy-h75OxCAKqRbCBOiDR54PtqNYO9_tENI-gumf-aIEgjtHVFU.jpg

Binge watched this 6 ep series last Friday or Sat.

Back in the 1990's, Pepsi was in a soda war with Coke. They were gaining traction with snazzy ads and celebrity endorsers.

(Cindy Crawford made a commercial appearance!)

2c1ab6b55a65015ba1fb25384c643fb4.gif

Their next bright idea was to offer goods for Pepsi points. Buy a Pepsi, get points: redeem for a denim jacket or hat or glasses. Simple enough.

EXCEPT, someone at the ad agency/Pepsi decided to add a Harrier jet(for 7,000,000 points) at the end of the commercial WITHOUT a disclaimer.

A 21 year old biz student decided that he wanted the jet, and wanted to find a way to get it. He recruits a few people...and starts a multi year journey to hold Pepsi to the fire...for said jet.

Very interesting as I do remember the ads and push for Pepsi to overtake Coke back in the day. I was actually at Coney Island(Brooklyn, NY) one day years ago and took the Pepsi challenge(I picked Pepsi.)

Very watchable.

3.9/5.

Last edited:
Even after watching the first 6 or 7 episodes nothing is actually happening so far. There is no coherent plot line or story to latch on to as of yet.

I'm struggling to keep up with Andor.
I’m enjoying it quite a bit more than I thought I would but it’s a REAL slow burn. The prison episodes are great but then they lose the momentum with all the Mon Mothma stuff again. I think this week is the season finale.

I’m watching Wednesday with my 9yo. It’s visually stunning with a wonderful cast, though the plot is just Addams Family Goes to Hogwarts.

Mind your manners on Netflix. Chinese woman teaching people about British etiquette.

For once an oriental woman on television isn't wearing fake lashes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom