What's Making You Happy Today?

you changed jobs?

I did in 2010. My previous company pension was with Sun Life (the name on the Miami Dolphins stadium) and they kicked me out of their low management fee funds for the pension in September 2017. I thought I was good for life. I decided to shift it to my current company's pension - Standard Life (or Manulife in Canada as they bought it from the British firm) to take advantage of their sub 1% management fees.

Yes - all do reinsurance through my firm.

@*;! Yeah - last trading day of the year and my pension is at 8% growth year over year. Thank you President Trump. There's so much winning that I'm going to be bored of winning by the end of his term.

@*;! Yeah - last trading day of the year and my pension is at 8% growth year over year. Thank you President Trump. There's so much winning that I'm going to be bored of winning by the end of his term.

Just get a staff job in Italy you'll get that for gratis. Plus 14 salaries and other stuff not classed or represented as part of your salary.

I am going to be an uncle this summer to the child of my only sibling. Crikey.

It’s quite a feat to do that all by yourself.

One of the oddest things I ever saw, was in McDonalds on Foregate Street in Chester: a chap was sitting with a brochure of Thai ladies and he was having a conversation resplendent with hand gestures to his other self, on which one he should contact. I kid you not, that was back in the early 90s. He was eating a Big Mac as well.

My lady friend left and I was picking up the cheque at the bar when the bartender made the quip, "You guys are the cutest couple here tonight."

Yes I know picking up the tab for a woman is against Monkeyface rules.

I went to lunch with this woman from a competing firm today. I was in a rush and would be late so out of her choices I chose the one closest to my office because why would I do something not to my advantage? Afterwards we walked towards my office to pick up some pastries for her office mates and after she bought me one, we hugged and I said I'm going my way. She quipped, "I walked you?!"

Yeah I'm a selfish bastard all the time - except when under the power of a certain three women in my life.

I saw the Keira Knightley look alike for two days in a row.

I went from pissed at my lady friend to arguing at lunch to her and I spending the evening together at the office and then a restaurant and now I'm swooning. What's wrong with me?

I went from pissed at my lady friend to arguing at lunch to her and I spending the evening together at the office and then a restaurant and now I'm swooning. What's wrong with me?

You weren't drunk, but now you are?

Or the other way around?

You weren't drunk, but now you are?

Or the other way around?

No, I haven't touched alcohol since last night. And as I explained, I ordered 3 glasses of wine, 2 of which she shared 1/2 and 2/3 after she finished hers.

I think its the North American use of pissed.
:thinking:

Oh, I know that - I realised that he meant irritated, rather than drunk.

I was simply wondering whether Fwiffs was one of those irritable-drunk people, or happy-drunk people, and whether that could have explained his change in viewpoint - either he was irritable-drunk and sobered up, or he was sober and became happy-drunk!

Oh, I know that - I realised that he meant irritated, rather than drunk.

I was simply wondering whether Fwiffs was one of those irritable-drunk people, or happy-drunk people, and whether that could have explained his change in viewpoint - either he was irritable-drunk and sobered up, or he was sober and became happy-drunk!
I think hes just drunk

I think hes just drunk

Let me once and for all clear up what I said. I was depressed last weekend, met my lady friend for breakfast, then practised my presentation, then some late lunch. She riled me up with some comment. I brooded over it for a day or two. Then she said she didn't want to talk anymore on text messaging. After that it took 48 hours to have a confrontational lunch and then we practiced a bit more and made up over a long dinner. The rollercoaster is on a high right now.

Let me once and for all clear up what I said. I was depressed last weekend, met my lady friend for breakfast, then practised my presentation, then some late lunch. She riled me up with some comment. I brooded over it for a day or two. Then she said she didn't want to talk anymore on text messaging. After that it took 48 hours to have a confrontational lunch and then we practiced a bit more and made up over a long dinner. The rollercoaster is on a high right now.

Wow. Very high school

Next time cook her a good meal at home.

You lot are insufferable. That's the last time I'm sharing any positive news.

Chicago style steak.

Lamb shank tomato stew with onion, shallots, garlic, and finished with minced raw arugula.

Serve with rice plain or stir fried with veggies in lard.

Lamb shank tomato stew with onion, shallots, garlic, and finished with minced raw arugula.

Serve with rice plain or stir fried with veggies in lard.

Except that's what she wanted.

I killed the presentation. I was second in a stream of 5 presentations. One guy was a no show. The first pair were absolutely boring. My lady friend came for moral support.

I got the most applause. I got the most questions and interest. People started adding me on LinkedIn right after. Because I had to get Uber for my lady friend after, people were standing up in the middle of the next guy's presentation to hand me business cards. I got so many "you're a great speaker. That's a good talk.". Even the day after some lady asked me whether I gave that presentation a lot because I was so natural delivering it. I didn't even need to introduce myself in the breaks because people came up to me. I'm such a glory whore because I love attention. I regaled people in my stories and I had to remind myself to stop to give others a chance to speak because I was so interested in my own voice.

I killed the presentation. I was second in a stream of 5 presentations. One guy was a no show. The first pair were absolutely boring. My lady friend came for moral support.

I got the most applause. I got the most questions and interest. People started adding me on LinkedIn right after. Because I had to get Uber for my lady friend after, people were standing up in the middle of the next guy's presentation to hand me business cards. I got so many "you're a great speaker. That's a good talk.". Even the day after some lady asked me whether I gave that presentation a lot because I was so natural delivering it. I didn't even need to introduce myself in the breaks because people came up to me. I'm such a glory whore because I love attention. I regaled people in my stories and I had to remind myself to stop to give others a chance to speak because I was so interested in my own voice.
excellent news. so how are you going to capitalize on this?

excellent news. so how are you going to capitalize on this?

It reinforces my Don Draper reputation in the industry. That no other company would want to risk against me because they don't want to pitch against me.

Ok so how does that help with finding a new and better job?

I got a stack of business cards. I can start networking and trying to feel out whether they have openings there. At the very least when I go to interview I'm not a complete unknown at the competitor. It was the sole reason why I agreed to do this.

Was at a fast food place with my lady friend..not sure how that turned into a 2 hour emotional encounter. All positives.

Went stag to this food tasting event and sat next to this Lebanese lawyer. Really hit it off with her - especially when we both went to the bathroom (individual toilets) and I open my door to see her adjusting herself in the bathroom. Great smile. Small issue is her dreadfully boring civil servant boyfriend. If I have tax issues, she's my girl apparently.

Went stag to this food tasting event and sat next to this Lebanese lawyer. Really hit it off with her - especially when we both went to the bathroom (individual toilets) and I open my door to see her adjusting herself in the bathroom. Great smile. Small issue is her dreadfully boring civil servant boyfriend. If I have tax issues, she's my girl apparently.

My favourite direct report unexpectedly sent me a message of something on her vacation. Pleasant surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom