Why Are You Pissed Off Today?

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
American Express always sides the cardholder when you dispute the charges.
i'm not worried since its actual fraud. more annoyed at how their fraud department completely dropped the ball and i'm going to have to lay out the money to cover the statement.

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy
The mosquitos have been late this year, but constant attack tonight around the ankles and I've come down to the living room and there's one of the monsters in here too.

They're almost tropical here in their intensity from middle of July until end of August.

Fwiffo

Comes off as a condescending prick
Supporter
The mosquitos have been late this year, but constant attack tonight around the ankles and I've come down to the living room and there's one of the monsters in here too.

They're almost tropical here in their intensity from middle of July until end of August.

Be North American and close your windows and rely on circulated air.

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy
Be North American and close your windows and rely on circulated air.
They sneak in here and then if you haven't got a fan blowing, as we didn't tonight, they suddenly attack.

This year has been good, normally, you get a couple of skirmishing mosquitos earlier in May/June. None this year.

Fwiffo

Supporter
They sneak in here and then if you haven't got a fan blowing, as we didn't tonight, they suddenly attack.

This year has been good, normally, you get a couple of skirmishing mosquitos earlier in May/June. None this year.

I'm always surprised what insects can swarm me on the 12th floor. But I have a basil plant on my balcony so opening and closing the door is letting in critters. I wonder if I moved to the 94th floor if the bugs will finally disappear.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
My wife and son both got hold of my Spotify password and now there’s a bunch of awful trad and pop stuff clogging up my feed of awful 80s post punk music. I’m upgrading to a family account but I don’t know if they will be able to take their playlists with them.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I've been off alcohol since Monday night and slept relatively well last night and did 45 minutes on the elliptical. All signs say I should be happy with endorphins this morning until I got into a lift with some bloke and his scooter.

He put it diagonal so there was room for two others. On another floor a man comes in with his dog. He is staring at his mobile and doesn't notice his dog's tail is stopping the door from closing. Finally after 4 or 5 seconds sensing we weren't travelling anywhere he pulls his dog in. On the next floor people didn't want to cram in so again the dog's snout is stopping the door closing. The mobile phone which has no service is still occupying the dog owner. This repeated one more time, and on the last time I was going to press the close button hoping it would slice off the dog's face or tail so I can step over its corpse and exit.

Fwiffo

Supporter
My day went from I could take the 930 late train and Uber to the office 88km away and get home by 1930.

To 930 late train and get home by 1630 because I only had one meeting.

To he's too busy so I'll just stay in the city. No commute.

To 745 train and get home by 1930 unless this war room ends or I give up on the war and just take the 1500 early train home.

And who am I in this war anyway? I'm not G7. I'm not UN security Council. I'm neutral observer.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I thought I read an article where they said solar power was saving Texas this summer.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I went to some dining event here and randomly met some woman.

• At the beginning of the ice breaking conversations, she says she's early 40s. After a few glasses of wine, she's a few months from 50.
  • She was really insistent showing me photographs of her tween. Do I care? I had to borrow experiences with other children to even relate.
  • Divorce. The messy separation. The multiple mortgages. The settlement of property and cash. Leaving with nothing but the clothes on your back. The psychological abuse. Custody of children. Who has the child now. Who has the child next week. Why the f*ck am I listening to this rubbish? I'm not a therapist. I ought to be paid like one after hours of this which started off as innocent remarks to passive aggressive to overt vindictive behaviour.
  • At some point the conversation dived into her recounting snarky SMS from him to her on her admittance into the ER.
  • When I said I'm quite done with dinner as I'm watching my weight after dropping all the coronavirus weight, and I'd like to hit the gym tomorrow morning if we can end at a reasonable hour she then talks about the ex being in emergency recently, and how she delighted in hoping it was related to his weight which was 260lbs and now is over 400lbs. And even the tween is concerned.
  • Her induction into Jewish culture and how she learnt to negotiate like a Jew. And how all her ex's family are Jews. Her realtor's a Jew. The lawyers are Jews.

I'm quite aware a 23 year old will have insanely immature stories that will drive people nuts, but at least it's not as complicated. It's just shallow and there's not that much volume of crap unless she was a teenaged refugee who escaped swimming to the coast of the Greek isles and made her own life from scratch.

ter1413

Witness Protection Program

• At the beginning of the ice breaking conversations, she says she's early 40s. After a few glasses of wine, she's a few months from 50.
  • She was really insistent showing me photographs of her tween. Do I care? I had to borrow experiences with other children to even relate.
  • Divorce. The messy separation. The multiple mortgages. The settlement of property and cash. Leaving with nothing but the clothes on your back. The psychological abuse. Custody of children. Who has the child now. Who has the child next week. Why the f*ck am I listening to this rubbish? I'm not a therapist. I ought to be paid like one after hours of this which started off as innocent remarks to passive aggressive to overt vindictive behaviour.
  • At some point the conversation dived into her recounting snarky SMS from him to her on her admittance into the ER.
  • When I said I'm quite done with dinner as I'm watching my weight after dropping all the coronavirus weight, and I'd like to hit the gym tomorrow morning if we can end at a reasonable hour she then talks about the ex being in emergency recently, and how she delighted in hoping it was related to his weight which was 260lbs and now is over 400lbs. And even the tween is concerned.
  • Her induction into Jewish culture and how she learnt to negotiate like a Jew. And how all her ex's family are Jews. Her realtor's a Jew. The lawyers are Jews.

I'm quite aware a 23 year old will have insanely immature stories that will drive people nuts, but at least it's not as complicated. It's just shallow and there's not that much volume of crap unless she was a teenaged refugee who escaped swimming to the coast of the Greek isles and made her own life from scratch.

So I take it you didn't bang her?

Grand Potentate

fwiffs you have to learn to pull the rip-cord on these horrible conversations and bail the fuck out of the plane before it hits the ground.

güero

Talk to me like a 5 year old daddy
Fwiffo Fwiffo you need to man up and knock up and marry some bimbo barfly. This is seriously affecting your employability. You will never become the regional CxO’s skip report, or whatever you need to become insurance man of the year, if you don’t have a wife and kids. Even gay people are married nowadays and have kids. After a certain age/level, no one will take the risk of hiring someone who can’t even pretend to have an orderly family life.

ter1413

Witness Protection Program
Fwiffo Fwiffo you need to man up and knock up and marry some bimbo barfly. This is seriously affecting your employability. You will never become the regional CxO’s skip report, or whatever you need to become insurance man of the year, if you don’t have a wife and kids. Even gay people are married nowadays and have kids. After a certain age/level, no one will take the risk of hiring someone who can’t even pretend to have an orderly family life.

Maybe he doesn't like the sex!

QuandoDio

I have heard of the Girlfriend Experience; isn't there a 'family experience'? He can pay/outsource for a pretend wife& kids as/when required.

güero

Talk to me like a 5 year old daddy
I have heard of the Girlfriend Experience; isn't there a 'family experience'? He can pay/outsource for a pretend wife& kids as/when required.
I have no experience in faking credentials, maybe other members can help him with that. But it certainly seems he’s not doing it

Fwiffo

Supporter
After a certain age/level, no one will take the risk of hiring someone who can’t even pretend to have an orderly family life.

Maybe I can just skip to the divorce part like I skipped riding a bicycle properly and straight to driving a car.

It's called dating people your age because they come in buy 1 get 1, 2 or 3 free editions. It costs less in up front money than the GFE, but in the long run it costs more in grief, time and agita.

I did think about starting this job with a fake photograph of "kids" on my desk.

Maybe he doesn’t like the bimbos!

Finally one person who doesn't have a very dim view of me.

I'm a magnanimous soul. I truly am.

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy
It's called dating people your age because they come in buy 1 get 1, 2 or 3 free editions. It costs less in up front money than the GFE, but in the long run it costs more in grief, time and agita.

I did think about starting this job with a fake photograph of "kids" on my desk.
You might want to think about getting one slightly older who's been through all of that i.e. kids, divorce and preferably quite rich. I have no experience of that, but one in the middle of all the above is a definite no-go and then you get a younger one who wants kids and you can find yourself aged 57 changing nappies.

Whatever, it's all trouble. It may be beautiful trouble at best, but there's no easy ride when it comes to partners.

Grand Potentate

so find yourself another childfree person.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Broke my mobile screen last night when I inexplicably walked home from the stadium (after a full work day, crushing 600 plus calories on the elliptical and 16km of total walking). Slipped and the mobile screen absorbed all the force.

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy
Broke my mobile screen last night when I inexplicably walked home from the stadium (after a full work day, crushing 600 plus calories on the elliptical and 16km of total walking). Slipped and the mobile screen absorbed all the force.
At least it wasn't your body that absorbed the slip...

Fwiffo

Supporter
At least it wasn't your body that absorbed the slip...

Yeah but I am pissed I buggered this one up. It's a relic and isn't made anymore. I have the same as robertito on this forum but given what I saw for prices for the spare parts for a new battery, screen and labour at a mobile repair shop I might as well move on.

Grand Potentate

Yeah but I am pissed I buggered this one up. It's a relic and isn't made anymore. I have the same as robertito on this forum but given what I saw for prices for the spare parts for a new battery, screen and labour at a mobile repair shop I might as well move on.
Screen repair shop couldn’t fix it?

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy
Built in non-repairable obsolescence, well that's if you go to the official Apple shop, or equivalent.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Between people arriving from 4 countries, 3 admins, and 4 1/2 days of meetings this has got to be the worst planned I have ever seen in a corporate setting.

I stupidly tried to be nice to book the correct video and/or teleconferencing rooms and rounding up the locals to the right place. Then bang, people who drove in for hours realised they drove in for nothing as they pulled in.

Meanwhile I have admins pissing on each other for their (lack of) planning capabilities.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I came out of a meeting with global CxO, some global heads of function, Americas heads of functions, bean counters of the CxO office, directors and VPs.

Didn't think I need to talk given I am retired. We have a project to grow a sales channel next year. It has to be delivered by the end of Q1 and then we need to train our sales partners and roll it out for end 2023 sales cycle in Q4.

I don't know how many times I gave monosyllabic answers - correct, yes, correct, yes, just to speed the inane discussion along to an outcome that is blindingly obvious.

If the project was building a room extension, the questions were crazy. Can you build it with fancy modular 3D printing? No, we need to make the deadline. Can we move the foundations whilst you're building? No, that would put risk on the timeline. Can we build it modular by hand instead of the old fashioned way so it can be moved in the future? No. No. And then in my impassioned plea voice - we already missed the 2022 sales cycle. If we miss the 2023 sales cycle we might as well just all go home now.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Coughing up a lung here at random intervals and I really need to nail this 30 minute video interview.

Top Bottom