- Messages
- 12,494
We all discard things we don't like, I discard conceptual art on this principal. Of course, there's things we don't like we have to confront, or do, but the motivation is always to remove it.
Probably wise on the conceptual art bit.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
We all discard things we don't like, I discard conceptual art on this principal. Of course, there's things we don't like we have to confront, or do, but the motivation is always to remove it.
We all discard things we don't like, I discard conceptual art on this principal. Of course, there's things we don't like we have to confront, or do, but the motivation is always to remove it.
That's an easy way to basically discard anything you don't like.
Housing Secretary Ben Carson calls poverty a 'state of mind'
"I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind," he said in an interview that aired on Wednesday.
You're not poor..you just think you're poor. It's like climate change.
Ben Carson is exactly correct. Poor people are poor because of their mentality, not to mention they're stupid and terrible at managing money.
If you need as clear an example of this mentality, watch the ESPN 30 for 30 called "Broke". How do so many uber millionaires end up broke? They have that poor person mentality.
Housing Secretary Ben Carson calls poverty a 'state of mind'
"I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind," he said in an interview that aired on Wednesday.
You're not poor..you just think you're poor. It's like climate change.
But you're pretty poor too? Why don't you earn more money if you can simply change your mentality?
Why am I pretty poor too? You say strange stuff.
Changing that mentality is not that simple. Like it isn't simple to change a criminal mentality.
I can earn more money tomorrow if I wanted to, which is why I don't have the mentality Ben Carson is alluding to.
Because you're not part of the elite! Did you know it's a big club, and you're not in it?
I am aware.
Do you have anything to say in relation to Ben Carson's remarks? Seems like you disagree with him.
My trap, you bitted it!
Yes, I disagree with him.
How so?
Bitch shoulda been born upper class WASP. Not my fault, bad choices.Because it's not just due to mentality. To take an extreme example, a child born in DR Congo will probably never be a billionaire, no matter his or her mentality.
Because it's not just due to mentality. To take an extreme example, a child born in DR Congo will probably never be a billionaire, no matter his or her mentality.
Did you not read what I wrote? It was an argument against using anecdotes and that served as an example.
Mentality is also partially a product of systemic poverty #culturalcapital #habitus
Or that mentality partially creates systematic poverty.
Agreed, though mentality =/= intelligence (though intelligence might be a part of habitus...it's been a long time since I endured Bourdieu). But yeah, we'd definitely lack the cultural capital to succeed or even survive. I do think that I've probably worked up a tolerance to blow darts.
*puts on glasses, developed a sinus infection, raises a finger into the air*
Maslow's hierarchy has largely been dismissed as lacking empirical support. Mwah
Also, I cracked up that that reporter that was assaulted straight up said "he broke my glasses!"
Maslow's hierarchy is common sense: if you're enduring the potato famine in Ireland in the 1840's, you really have no time or capacity to appreciate Turner's Rain, Steam and Speed. You don't need any empirical evidence to back that up. A man who is starving has no time for art.
*will not make a sex joke*Be gentle with me, it's a long time since I've flexed my academic and research muscles.
I am not making any sort of policy argument based on that. It's just a description of how mentality mediates the relationship between different generations of the poor.
Tonight in dumb hit pieces.
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/we-...ll-raising-his-profile-was-the-kiss-of-death/
FAT LESBIANS ALWAYS CAUSE THE DOWNFALL OF NON-FAT LESBIAN PEOPLE
All the above is very well. But take any of us, with the exception of jungle trained special forces and throw us in with an un-contacted and in-bred Amazonian tribe and all of our IQ shit will fall silent. We will not have the intelligence to survive, that is, the intelligence that is needed to survive in that environment. Be it learnt or whatever.
That is the ultimate test: intelligence is culturally defined and very much only kicks in, as we perceive, when you're covering several bases of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...d1a016-4230-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html
"Some White House aides have discreetly discussed among one another whether Kushner should play a lesser role — or even take a leave — at least until the Russia-related issues calm, but they have been reluctant to discuss that view with Kushner himself, and Kushner’s network of allies within the West Wing has rallied behind him. Those close to Kushner said he has no plans to take a reduced role, though people who have spoken to him say that he is increasingly weary of the nonstop frenzy."
Kushner may step aside!? Who will run the White House then? Preibus is heading to Greece. Bannon is hiding somewhere. Ivanka? I hope she has a blemish free record and didn't talk to the Russians.
This Styx guy gives super sharp analysis and yes, he gets it:
That guy is noted on LiveLeak as being a big time 4chan troll.
Crazy white guy kills innocent people, part 1,245.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-as-heroes/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.3eea59e03422