Adventures in Bespoke Tailoring

Coming from a farm we never wore footwear inside house - except "good" shoes, say Saturday night, Sunday church or a funeral wedding etc.. On coming to the big city all shoes were "good" shoes. So we started wearing them inside. But then a family member was living in Asia and we traveled and stayed with locals in Japan, China and etc. No one wears shoes of any kind inside. So now I'm just confused.

Mostly inside my own house I tend to pad around in thick socks I buy cheap just to pad around in. I do wear shoes inside without much worry.

I certainly don't fret over it, and people are more than welcome to wear shoes in my house anytime they feel. I spent the better part of a decade in nothing but flip flops though, so I always just kicked them off at the door when I came in. More a habit than anything else. Plus, I can't wait to get these foot prisons off me feet when I get home and get back to barefoot awesomness.

The other thing is I tromp all over construction sites all day so I don't want to track dirt all over the place.

413_stephen_hitchcock_020.jpg

This is another that has really piqued my interest, posted on FNB by formby.

It's a look you have to be committed too though. There are no half measures here where you just toss it on with whatever you feel.

Chorn or any of the other guys that buy fabrics for CMT commissions, any advice, links etc on tracking down some tobacco linen for a suit commission? I checked out the UK ebay store you linked on the previous page and they only have a brown plus I'm a bit concerned about the price, seems too good to be true. Plus I already have a brown linen odd coat.

Help me out so I can realise my dream of being a tacky Simon Crompton wannabe....

Chorn or any of the other guys that buy fabrics for CMT commissions, any advice, links etc on tracking down some tobacco linen for a suit commission? I checked out the UK ebay store you linked on the previous page and they only have a brown plus I'm a bit concerned about the price, seems too good to be true. Plus I already have a brown linen odd coat.

Help me out so I can realise my dream of being a tacky Simon Crompton wannabe....
Tobacco's a tricky color. Any pics to narrow down your shade for reference?

henry c - do you want to be a tackynacci or a Craptom style - you must decide first.

Ask sarto about where to get linen.

He does now how to get felt!

I and a few others have ordered from them. They were really accommodating with a non-SF friend of mine.

You might also message mckriss. He hooked me up with a beautiful brown linen-silk-wool fabric.

HenryC HenryC as far as trusting Fabric Corner, no worries, they are not shady and great to deal with.

4 new Bangladeshi made Unshirts coming tomorrow. They had to stop in London to have "Made in England" stitched on. Hopefully they have sleeves, you know how forgetful those tacky rectumite Bangladeshi kids can be.

4 new Bangladeshi made Unshirts coming tomorrow. They had to stop in London to have "Made in England" stitched on. Hopefully they have sleeves, you know how forgetful those tacky rectumite Bangladeshi kids can be.

i just found out that my shirts go from Hong Kong to Bangladesh where they remove the mother-of-pearl buttons and sew them on your shirts before they are shipped to London and then to you

i just found out that my shirts go from Hong Kong to Bangladesh where they remove the mother-of-pearl buttons and sew them on your shirts before they are shipped to London and then to you

Such inefficiencies.

4 Bangladeshi unshirts, bengal, two houndstooths, and a pacific blue.

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

And hilariously enough, while I was ironing tonight I came across this old workshirt. Guess where it was made?

IMAG0188.jpg

Hand-stitching by 10 year old hands?

The Made in England tag mystery has been solved.

The same complaints have been levelled in recent years against the Bangladeshi population of Whitechapel, and of Tower Hamlets in general.

Ackroyd, Peter (2009-12-23). London: A Biography (Kindle Locations 12464-12465). Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

Love that shirt in the summer. Whatever that cheap ass cotton is, it works like a charm when it's 100 degrees out. This probably shouldn't be in the bespoke thread tho.

doghouse doghouse how old is your oldest H&H shirt and how do well have they done over time?

Probably 5 years ish? And those are just the RTW ones. I generally got MTM shirts from the local haberdasher and bespoke when I was in Hong Kong for daily wear, and some bespoke stuff from Turnbull and Charvet as special items.

To your question of longevity, those seem to be holding up just fine, I'll post some pics of them later. The bespoke H&H shirts I have are anywhere from a couple years to 1 day old. They are noticeably higher quality than the RTW line, especially in the linings and stitching.

So then why is it in the guest room? It's a fucking pencil lamp!!

i thought it was a very straight forward question. maybe your answer is too, but i don't understand it. sorry man, not a native speaker. are you saying your wife makes you put there because if you put it beside your bed she will be fucking the pencil lamp all the time???

i thought it was a very straight forward question. maybe your answer is too, but i don't understand it. sorry man, not a native speaker. are you saying your wife makes you put there because if you put it beside your bed she will be fucking the pencil lamp all the time???

As hilarious as that would be, no.

I believe most grown ups would probably not like a pencil lamp by their beds.

Planning some spring acquisitions.

I desperately need some summer jackets, my stuff is all way to heavy for the Eastern Seaboard in August. Thinking a deep blue houndstooth from a Caccioppoli open weave wool, quarter lined.

Funny enough, in the Gennaro SF dumpster fire thread, someone is wearing a half made jacket from this book also of this light blue plaid peeking out.

2014_02_19a.jpg

And an Air Force blue pinstripe (Harrisons Frontier) suit for leisure activities to round off the order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom