Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Yeah. His hats are too big. But he won't hear anything on that point because he has researched the hell out of it and can claim that the size is technically correct according to The Laws of Hattery or whatever.

My pants are too big, but they are exaggerated by design as an element of an overall style which was deliberate in its intent. It's a little bit different because in my case, they are supposed to be big and in his case, the hat size is supposed to be correct but it looks fucking big nonetheless. If you don't like my pants, I will grant you that it is not a style that is for everyone. If you don't like Tibor's hats, well, you're fucking wrong and you obviously don't know shit about hats so let me write you several paragaphs about why you're wrong and then call you a gentleman.
 
Yeah. His hats are too big. But he won't hear anything on that point because he has researched the hell out of it and can claim that the size is technically correct according to The Laws of Hattery or whatever.

My pants are too big, but they are exaggerated by design as an element of an overall style which was deliberate in its intent. It's a little bit different because in my case, they are supposed to be big and in his case, the hat size is supposed to be correct but it looks fucking big nonetheless. If you don't like my pants, I will grant you that it is not a style that is for everyone. If you don't like Tibor's hats, well, you're fucking wrong and you obviously don't know shit about hats so let me write you several paragaphs about why you're wrong and then call you a gentleman.

Tibor's hats - size notwithstanding - are anachronistic; so to are such hats for now who wear them. Maybe if he was 60 it might work but most likely not simply because of his youth & his size. He is not unique-looking enough to pull it out of the realm of costume.

In your case, your big pants are just too big for you. Nothing wrong with wearing a full cut trouser but it might be that given your size you might have to have them custom tailored. You do not need full-bore, full cut trouser to get the old-school break that you want.
 
Yeah. His hats are too big. But he won't hear anything on that point because he has researched the hell out of it and can claim that the size is technically correct according to The Laws of Hattery or whatever.

My pants are too big, but they are exaggerated by design as an element of an overall style which was deliberate in its intent. It's a little bit different because in my case, they are supposed to be big and in his case, the hat size is supposed to be correct but it looks fucking big nonetheless. If you don't like my pants, I will grant you that it is not a style that is for everyone. If you don't like Tibor's hats, well, you're fucking wrong and you obviously don't know shit about hats so let me write you several paragaphs about why you're wrong and then call you a gentleman.

I don't think you understand. We (or at least I) can appreciate 70s style, but we find the way you're executing it to be disagreeable. Even flared pants can look good when they're worn well, it's just that you're not wearing them well. I know you don't like spending much (your expensive epaulet stuff notwithstanding), but you should be able to thrift some good 70s stuff, as it's not a very popular style atm.
 
I don't think you understand. We (or at least I do) can appreciate 70s style, but we find the way you're executing it to be disagreeable. Even flared pants can look good when they're worn well.

^this underscores the issue as well. The overall proportions are wrong for you and Monkeyface Monkeyface is correct in saying the effect is disagreeable. Has nothing to do with people being unable to appreciate the 70's vibe.
 
well, then I don't think we are going to agree.

I'm not sure what you thought we would all agree on? Everyone has pretty much indicated they don't think the pants fit.

There seems to be some disconnect between you liking the trousers (which is totally valid) and posting pictures on the internet for people to comment on.
 
I'm not sure what you thought we would all agree on?

I didn't.

There seems to be some disconnect between you liking the trousers (which is totally valid) and posting pictures on the internet for people to comment on.

What disconnect? Like I should stop posting because some people don't like them? You're not going to convince me that they/you represent everyone. They do not.
 
I didn't.
I took
well, then I don't think we are going to agree.
to mean at one point you did.


What disconnect? Like I should stop posting because some people don't like them? You're not going to convince me that they/you represent everyone. They do not.

Nobody said that but you have been justifying this thing for awhile now, whereas if you just like it you should say "I like it, that's all" and move on.
 
I'm starting to like SVB. He got balls, and he don't break 'em for nobody.

Forum is all:

"You got a problem, asshole, aside from those fuckin' pants?"

Stanley be like:

giphy.gif
 
Taking critical look here. There's nothing wrong with those pants, the mega-collar on the shirt looks awful of course as already mentioned:

tumblr_ns4c77gXhn1r8bgano1_500.jpg


The same pants look strange here because the overall silhouette turned into a shitty chopstick cylinder block:

tumblr_ns4clnWjH41r8bgano1_500.jpg


Unstructured shoulders would help round out and break up the nazi geometry but optimizing your silhouette can never really happen until you address your concentration camp frame.

Also the shape of your sunglasses here is too matchy with the shape of your face.

I hope that tie ends up in a landfill soon.
 
Prince Michael of Kent has the ugliest knots.

They are colossal, aren't they?

I remember reading some years back that he has his ties custom-made so as to be able to tie those particularly large, long knots.
 
Whatever your thoughts on his style, you can't say it's not consistent or individual throughout the years. The same can be said of Prince Charles' very small knots, which I imagine he has his ties made to tie smaller knots also.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom