Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

1626833136157.webp
 
Gramps here has all the trappings of a million millennial hipsters yet pulls it off.

61D1BB96-B16D-4E5F-BB72-2D954828CEBB.webp
 

Attachments

  • AE3DFFFF-1E15-4853-81A8-AD458CE31819.webp
    AE3DFFFF-1E15-4853-81A8-AD458CE31819.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 80
But the tie need to be chosen properly and tied correctly.
Agree about this, but, as I see, there's nothing wrong (it could be somewhat shorter) with that tie. With such a spread collar it's inevitable to see some of the tie beyond the knot. Otherwise you should tie a very big knot. The tie is good and properly tie, in my opinion. I would possibly choose something more contrasting though.
 
Last edited:
I really hate the way you see bits of the tie , rather than the only part near the collar that you should see - the knot- , with these spread collars.
Fully agree with this. Something about spread collars that just doesn’t work for me. I think the geometry of the collar v the jacket and the tie works well in the triangles that get created - and the spread collar creates a straight line that just breaks that.

1626956469701.jpeg
 
Fully agree with this. Something about spread collars that just doesn’t work for me. I think the geometry of the collar v the jacket and the tie works well in the triangles that get created - and the spread collar creates a straight line that just breaks that.

View attachment 40018

Not my collar.

Besides the spread and the cut-away collar

Screenshot (398).png



I also like the classic Neapolitan collar

Screenshot (397).png


Screenshot (399).webp
 
Last edited:
Isn't that more of a cutaway collar? And, should usually be worn with a larger knot than a four-in-hand.
I thought it was called a 'spread collar'. I assume the cutaway is an extreme spread? I'm not up on the terminology and only have a few 'spreads' much preferring button downs. I'm rather broad in the chest and wide in the shoulder and I recall Vox advising me years ago that if didn't want to accentuate that width (and facial width) I should avoid spread (or cutaway) collars.
Definitely needs a larger knot to avoid that look.
 
The guy was wearing a shirt from this brand. They do look good...



I've a good collection of Inglese shirts. They are the dogs. My favorite maker. The only downer is paying the customs. That and theres no reduction for VAT on his website. He'll send you lots of fabrics to choose from in any given colour via email. Funny thing is I always make a great choice, though I guess their all pretty good.
 
1627076655685.webp

This guy Benedikt tends to always have a pretty strong sense of style I think.

I own quite a few of their ties and hankies (Shibumi Firenze), they are quite elegant and beautiful, in my opinion.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom