- Messages
- 22,331
I agreeYes, that is true. I was thinking trades.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I agreeYes, that is true. I was thinking trades.
I agree
And he knows he looks good.Gramps here has all the trappings of a million millennial hipsters yet pulls it off.
View attachment 39949
I thought I asked you not to post full face pics of me.Gramps here has all the trappings of a million millennial hipsters yet pulls it off.
View attachment 39949
Nice colour combination: two decent, neutral tones and a strong one, it always works.View attachment 39979I like this ensemble, except for that weird cuff thing.
Sadly there are people who actually will wear such monstrosities.They all wear bespoke hi viz bin man jackets these days.
![]()
Balenciaga flogging high-vis binman-style jacket for a whopping £2,890
A LUXURY fashion house is flogging a high-vis binman-style jacket for £2,890 a pop. The reversible bright yellow hooded workwear coat looks the spit of those worn by rubbish collectors. It comes wi…www.thesun.co.uk

There's a clear attempt to get a blend of browns. But it's on the verge of getting washed out.
I really hate the way you see bits of the tie , rather than the only part near the collar that you should see - the knot- , with these spread collars.
Looks better without the tie. And with the blue shirt.
Shoes look great and are the right choice.
I really hate the way you see bits pf the tie , rather than the only part near the collar that you should see - the knot- , with these spread collars.
I was happy with my face until I started seeing myself on Microsoft Teams.I thought I asked you not to post full face pics of me.
But the tie need to be chosen properly and tied correctly.We have different tastes, Sammy. I love spread collars.
Agree about this, but, as I see, there's nothing wrong (it could be somewhat shorter) with that tie. With such a spread collar it's inevitable to see some of the tie beyond the knot. Otherwise you should tie a very big knot. The tie is good and properly tie, in my opinion. I would possibly choose something more contrasting though.But the tie need to be chosen properly and tied correctly.
Fully agree with this. Something about spread collars that just doesn’t work for me. I think the geometry of the collar v the jacket and the tie works well in the triangles that get created - and the spread collar creates a straight line that just breaks that.I really hate the way you see bits of the tie , rather than the only part near the collar that you should see - the knot- , with these spread collars.
Isn't that more of a cutaway collar? And, should usually be worn with a larger knot than a four-in-hand.I really hate the way you see bits of the tie , rather than the only part near the collar that you should see - the knot- , with these spread collars.
Fully agree with this. Something about spread collars that just doesn’t work for me. I think the geometry of the collar v the jacket and the tie works well in the triangles that get created - and the spread collar creates a straight line that just breaks that.
View attachment 40018
You were doing so well until that last picture.Not my collar.
Besides the spread and the cut-away collar
View attachment 40019
I also like the classic Neapolitan collar
View attachment 40020
View attachment 40021
Sorry for causing some repulsion, but I wanted to show how those D'Avino shirts wear.You were doing so well until that last picture.
I thought it was called a 'spread collar'. I assume the cutaway is an extreme spread? I'm not up on the terminology and only have a few 'spreads' much preferring button downs. I'm rather broad in the chest and wide in the shoulder and I recall Vox advising me years ago that if didn't want to accentuate that width (and facial width) I should avoid spread (or cutaway) collars.Isn't that more of a cutaway collar? And, should usually be worn with a larger knot than a four-in-hand.
Floris: Can you give some kind of a warning next time?Not my collar.
Besides the spread and the cut-away collar
View attachment 40019
I also like the classic Neapolitan collar
View attachment 40020
View attachment 40021
The guy was wearing a shirt from this brand. They do look good...
Does Lumpen have Sarto private phone number?I've always wondered what the great Sartos opinion on Inglese vs. Cordone shirts it. MaybeLumpen can ask him
Great example of how it shouldn't be over complicated.