Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

I don’t like orange.

EasyJet or Sainsbury employee. Or Norn Iron Loyalist.
Oranges are not the only fruit and all of that.

I really dig orange, think it's great colour. The only problem it's associated with King's Day here where orange is everywhere and so out of context it can be a sartorial faux pas. And as you state, you have the Northern Ireland Orange Orders, lodges and marches.
I like it under a blue suit, an Orange tie for example. But it works best as an accent colour where it can be very effective.

Burnt Orange shade can look beautiful especially with chocolate brown. I remember a picture of a Japanese chap wearing a brown chalkie with a burnt orange tie that was splended. Somebody may have saved the picture and maybe can post it.

I also think that a bright Orange shade is good for a Polo shirt. I have several Lacoste ones that I wear with white/cream/stone coloured linen trousers and shorts.
I've quite a few ties with orange in, including a grey and orange repp tie from the old Gieves & Hawkes. Have a striped burnt orange T&A shirt which is very unusual, plus a bright orange one that I only where in winter with a navy jumper to tone it down a bit.

This is good, a striped multi-stripe just in on the T&A website:
AW21-pp-2507-11_2d92fbe0-068b-4abe-9b6d-5b0c1bc5309d_1000x.jpg

As is this one on the artist, Christo, I posted the other day, beamingly creative, except for his jeans:

01_Christo_ph_Wolfgang-Volz_full.jpg

I like it under a blue suit, an Orange tie for example. But it works best as an accent colour where it can be very effective.

Burnt Orange shade can look beautiful especially with chocolate brown. I remember a picture of a Japanese chap wearing a brown chalkie with a burnt orange tie that was splended. Somebody may have saved the picture and maybe can post it.

I also think that a bright Orange shade is good for a Polo shirt. I have several Lacoste ones that I wear with white/cream/stone coloured linen trousers and shorts.
1628243145851.jpeg

This is excellent
With burnt orange, think autumnal colours. Lovely and rich.

With brighter oranges, I'm thinking bright blue skies, Med beaches...that kind of thing.

It's a colour that often looks beautiful on women but men struggle to get their heads around.

Nice, clean look, even the sandals suit somehow.

View attachment 40420View attachment 40421
I’d take the suit and panama hat, but the sandals look too much like women’s shoes in my opinion.

Still an interesting combo - clearly the wearer knows the basics of CM but purposefully induces a single “incorrect” element that sticks out. Daring, but not to the ridiculous level of a Pitti peacock.

I fail to see how sandals improve the look on a nice pair of dark brown loafers. And for that reason I'm out.

As I see, that's not the point.
Of course you can choose a loafer or a lace-up, but even with a pair of sandals the look is good.
Maybe we are too conservative today and exclude some garments that in other times were perfectly accepted.

Of course you can choose a loafer or a lace-up, but even with a pair of sandals the look is good.
Maybe we are too conservative today and exclude some garments that in other times were perfectly accepted.
An American once made this point :-

‘Leather boots are still in style for manly footwear,
Beads and Roman sandals won’t be seen.’

Or maybe theres another reason? Loafers and lace up shoes look better.

Why don't you get really radical and walk around in a Toga with a pair of Oxfords on?

Ofc in our narrow prisms, loafers are better. I am one of the few here who don't mind sandals. However, I would wear them with distinctly more casual attire and not with the get-up as above.

Nonetheless, I don't mind the look above with the sandals at all tbh and kudos to him.

Togas are cute and all, but personally I’m really looking towards steel cuirasses and dress swords coming back into menswear!

This video was taken down for about 18 months, but it looks like it is back. It's an interview with the Big Daddy himself where he shares his unique style. A video well worth watching.

There are try hards who buy lots of stuff, and then there are the true BIG Daddies who do it properly. He was well into the world of big boys back in 2004. No fake stuff here, it is all real.

Actually black is no option for me, but have to admit that I like this look. Possibly it would be as good replacing black with dark navy, but I really like that match of cream and black.

Screenshot (513).png
Screenshot (514).png

Actually black is no option for me, but have to admit that I like this look. Possibly it would be as good replacing black with dark navy, but I really like that match of cream and black.

View attachment 40491View attachment 40492
This is a better look than the one with sandals.

An acceptable outfit, even though a black shirt is hard to pull off and combine well.
Even this fit would be better with a shirt in another colour, especially as a navy jacket looks terrible when contrasted against a black shirt. Without the jacket, this would be better.

This is gooood

Well-fitting and all but it is the internet so we nitpick I guess. I would change the shoe- colour at least. Darker brown shoes/ Polo/ Burgundy etc

I don't care for the pick stitching on the jacket, like at all! Tacky.
I am almost always ragging on squares here but there is good use of it.

Well-fitting and all but it is the internet so we nitpick I guess. I would change the shoe- colour at least. Darker brown shoes/ Polo/ Burgundy etc

I don't care for the pick stitching on the jacket, like at all! Tacky.
I am almost always ragging on squares here but there is good use of it.

You nailed it. Get rid of those medium brown suede loafers and replace with darker brown leather shoe and he'll be a winner. Maybe get rid of those yellow sox too.

You nailed it. Get rid of those medium brown suede loafers and replace with darker brown leather shoe and he'll be a winner. Maybe get rid of those yellow sox too.

Possibly you would enhance the look, though it's already very good. As I see, the guy has renounced to the contrast between trousers and shoes going instead for an odd colour in the socks, not orthodox but nice.

Screenshot (518).png

Besides the nice colour combination I like how the wide lapel gently rolls. Moreover I find the jacket length, somewhat greater than a usual Neapolitan one, very appropriate for this relaxed look. Outfit from Yeossal.

Possibly you would enhance the look, though it's already very good. As I see, the guy has renounced to the contrast between trousers and shoes going instead for an odd colour in the socks, not orthodox but nice.

It looks like two halves put together. The top half v's the lighter lower half. He needs darker brown shoes and different socks to tie it all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom