Apple, Android, Smart & Dumbphones - The Mobile Thread

Shall I divulge what I use? I have a work and a personal mobile.

My surrogate daughter will be asking for something for her birthday. She thought iPhone 6 was too big. She currently has an iPad Mini I bought for her. I'm wondering whether another iPad or the iPhone. But then she's barely a teenager so I feel pretentious talking about these things.

Shall I divulge what I use? I have a work and a personal mobile.

My surrogate daughter will be asking for something for her birthday. She thought iPhone 6 was too big. She currently has an iPad Mini I bought for her. I'm wondering whether another iPad or the iPhone. But then she's barely a teenager so I feel pretentious talking about these things.
If she already has an ipad why get her another one?

Well it's the original iPad Mini and she's probably having issues with upgrades soon. I don't know, I spoil children.

I'm pretty happy with my Huawei Ascend Y550 for aud $89 plus sneaky unlock code for $4

Got a second Huawei Ascend Y550 for a family member back up to $99 now + $4 sneaky unlock code.

Possibly get a third one next week.

Got a second Huawei Ascend Y550 for a family member back up to $99 now + $4 sneaky unlock code.

Possibly get a third one next week.
You really should have planned this better. You could have shot for a bulk discount up front.

No discount possible

But in the bad news.................................................................they went on sale today for $49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No discount possible

But in the bad news.................................................................they went on sale today for $49!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't you Aussies have price matching? Or price protection on your credit cards?

I don't think if you buy before the sale that you can go crying like a big sook.

*I have no idea how things work in a civilized society such as yours.

Its a bit different here. For a start most transactions are conducted as if the participants are mature adults not whiny 3 years olds who will litigate at the slightest imagined slight.

Its a bit different here. For a start most transactions are conducted as if the participants are mature adults not whiny 3 years olds who will litigate at the slightest imagined slight.
Fuckin' weird, man.

So, I have narrowed my mobile phone search.

The ones that are in my price range are:

- LG G3
- HTC M8

My mom got today the LG G3 and it feels nice even though it's a big phone. It's the cheapest option for me. The M8 is nice but it's a bit more expensive.

The M9 is alepready available in Mexico, but the price is above the range, meaning I could buy it but I don't know if I would be completely happy paying that price for a mobile phone.

The S6 Edge is way way out of what I'm willing to pay. It's cool but I don't like spending that much in a mobile phone.

So, in between the G3 and M8, which one would be better? Cause if I take into account the M9 I think that one would be the obvious option.

We now have 3 x Huawei Y550 phones.

First 2 @ $89 . Last one @$49. Android. Can't fault them.

A few weeks ago had to visit the "Welfare Relatives" - all of them have $800 iPhones - with mostly cracked screens and expensive data plans.

So, I have narrowed my mobile phone search.

The ones that are in my price range are:

- LG G3
- HTC M8

My mom got today the LG G3 and it feels nice even though it's a big phone. It's the cheapest option for me. The M8 is nice but it's a bit more expensive.

The M9 is alepready available in Mexico, but the price is above the range, meaning I could buy it but I don't know if I would be completely happy paying that price for a mobile phone.

The S6 Edge is way way out of what I'm willing to pay. It's cool but I don't like spending that much in a mobile phone.

So, in between the G3 and M8, which one would be better? Cause if I take into account the M9 I think that one would be the obvious option.
If you're going to go with an outdated model anyways, why not try and buy a used one and save even more?

If you're going to go with an outdated model anyways, why not try and buy a used one and save even more?

Well because even though it's outdated, it's still new and I have to stick with it for 2 years. The carrier company allow me to use whatever celphone I want but if I make that, I would keep the iPhone. I have the iPhone 5.

And for example, if I decide to get the G3, the cost of the phone is around $30 dollars. Don't know if I could get a used one for that. :cheers:

Other than the new models? Galaxy S5, MotoX 2nd gen, Moto G if you want a cheap phone. Do you take a lot of pictures with your phone?

I have the Moto X first gen, it's nice, do you think the second gen is better than the G3?

I do take a lot of pics and especially from some documents so I need a good camera, the Moto X 1st generation does that job nicely.

I've just updated the OS with latest d/l on my Nexus 7 and now its running as slow as a wet week.

Any intell on what is happening around the traps?

In Australia as in North America, trappers would set out traps around the bush to catch game. This became very important in Australia as the imported rabbit became a plague. During the Great Depression, rabbit and rabbit trapping was a major source of food and income for the unemployed.

The phrase entered the Australian language to mean going out to your traps to see what you can find. This is not quite the same as usual haunts, because the phrase carries the connotation of going out to capture. It was and still is a country phase that then entered the political lexicon, especially in Labor and Country Parties.

The phrase "around the traps" is generally associated with words like "heard" or "word": the word around traps is, heard around the traps, they tell me round the traps.

In Australia as in North America, trappers would set out traps around the bush to catch game. This became very important in Australia as the imported rabbit became a plague. During the Great Depression, rabbit and rabbit trapping was a major source of food and income for the unemployed.

The phrase entered the Australian language to mean going out to your traps to see what you can find. This is not quite the same as usual haunts, because the phrase carries the connotation of going out to capture. It was and still is a country phase that then entered the political lexicon, especially in Labor and Country Parties.

The phrase "around the traps" is generally associated with words like "heard" or "word": the word around traps is, heard around the traps, they tell me round the traps.
Interesting. This isn't the right thread for this so I'll move it over.

I don't know why people think Apple is a great software company. Some of the most basic tasks perform so inconsistently, it's maddening. iTunes is represents that par excellence.

I don't know why people think Apple is a great software company. Some of the most basic tasks perform so inconsistently, it's maddening. iTunes is represents that par excellence.
Too true. Most of their non-professional software sucks a big dick.

Obviously I was so angry, I couldn't even express myself in grammatically correct English.

Okay today my iPad Air 2 decided it needs to start sucking up 5mbps of data continuously. I restarted it. I disabled app store updates. I closed all the open browsers, etc but whenever I turn on Wi-Fi, it decides it needs to start downloading something.

Okay today my iPad Air 2 decided it needs to start sucking up 5mbps of data continuously. I restarted it. I disabled app store updates. I closed all the open browsers, etc but whenever I turn on Wi-Fi, it decides it needs to start downloading something.
Reset it. Hold down the power and home button until the screen goes white and the apple logo pops up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom