Apps

Okay, Android. I read somewhere they take your rolodex so they can match other people and you don't really have any control over it.
From what I'm reading it doesn't look like you can avoid it. It should ask you for permission to access your contacts, and obviously you should deny it, but I don't know if that will break the app functionality or not.

From what I'm reading it doesn't look like you can avoid it. It should ask you for permission to access your contacts, and obviously you should deny it, but I don't know if that will break the app functionality or not.

It's okay mate. She's only a divorced mother with twins. E-mail it is.

How long is this Pokémon Go thing going to be in the news?

Okay. Maybe I should be frank. One of the women I know is using it and she says she found a mutual acquaintance on Bumble, an Indian, that we know. I'm not Indian so I didn't want to waste time if she fancies the old UPS slogan, "What can brown do for you?"

I just reckoned her app only shows what she wants.

Okay. Maybe I should be frank. One of the women I know is using it and she says she found a mutual acquaintance on Bumble, an Indian, that we know. I'm not Indian so I didn't want to waste time if she fancies the old UPS slogan, "What can brown do for you?"

I just reckoned her app only shows what she wants.

Lol, so you want to find that person via the app? You'll have to swipe through 1000s of profiles for a chance of coming across that particular person. A lot of them are also fake/bots (at least when I used it, over a year ago now), so a complete waste of time.

Just ask her out for a drink, take it from there.

Lol, so you want to find that person via the app? You'll have to swipe through 1000s of profiles for a chance of coming across that particular person. A lot of them are also fake/bots (at least when I used it, over a year ago now), so a complete waste of time.

No, not that. I know her already - we use old fashioned corporate e-mail. I just don't want to invest time if she's only interested in brown. (I'm not brown). Doesn't Bumble only show your preferences ?

I thought you had a wife? Not my business though

No, not that. I know her already - we use old fashioned corporate e-mail. I just don't want to invest time if she's only interested in brown. (I'm not brown). Doesn't Bumble only show your preferences ?

No. You can only select for age and gender. Besides, you might have to swipe 1000s of times before you come across her, and vice versa, so you might never mutually "like" each other even though you actually do.

Just ask her out for a date. If she says yes she's interested if she says no she isn't. It's not rocket science.

Also, you're not telling me you'd use your business email for personal communicatations?? That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Also, you're not telling me you'd use your business email for personal communicatations?? That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I met her on a course paid for by the company. Once she's a personal acquaintance, she transitions over to my personal mobile. I have a system.

I'm amazed that humanity was able to procreate w/o apps.

I have no interest in procreating anything with her - or really anyone. World's a horrible place - why inflict it on an infant.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/technology/twitter-poised-for-change-1.3796449

The article says Twitter has peaked. I find Twitter isn't about dialogue so much as it is about moaning. The more you can moan, the more dramatic it is, you get followed and favourited and retweeted. That corporations have customer service or press relations patrol and try to defuse every little negative tweet makes it even more laughable as a platform for engagement.

What pray tell is the use of Snapchat? I just installed it.

I don't like taking selfies and the Discover section just showcases memes, videos, adverts and other things that to me are time wasters.

Okay I can see it's another messaging app.

It seems to be a futile exercise to add nearby Snapchat users where my parents live. Population too geriatric.

Having just seen an advert for Facebook Live, Snapchat, and seeing my mate post his first instagram story - what is the difference between all of these poorly choreographed amateur videos ?

Some young woman just told me that Snapchat was made irrelevant by Instagram and their stories function.

This Citrix Secure Hub is the worst rubbish you could use for your work e-mail. Absolute worst. Why is every solution uninstall everything and reinstall everything?

How do I get into this Snapchat stuff? I have one friend on it.

I'm on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook but women in their 20s are into Snapchat and I'm coming off as a dinosaur.

I'm on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook but women in their 20s are into Snapchat and I'm coming off as a dinosaur.
Why would you want to be on Snapchat? Come off as the mature one who's not into this dumb bullshit and they need to get on your level, NOT the other way around.

Why would you want to be on Snapchat? Come off as the mature one who's not into this dumb bullshit and they need to get on your level, NOT the other way around.

Then I get to meet her friends don't I?

I'm not going to meet anyone new insisting all communications should be by e-mail, text message or my messaging app (which is not WhatsApp).

Please try not to become THAT creepy middle-aged dude, mkay?

Then I get to meet her friends don't I?

I'm not going to meet anyone new insisting all communications should be by e-mail, text message or my messaging app (which is not WhatsApp).
you follow them. you don't have to participate. this way you can stay abreast of their horseshit without using up any of your time actually contributing.

I finally just turned off all notifications on my Facebook android app from android's settings. No amount of playing with the settings inside the app would make it stop suggesting new friends (that I don't care about) or notifying me of obscure posts from current friends.

I'm almost tempted to just use the web browser to check on my cousins' family photographs.

So now you can’t add stuff from external sites to an Amazon wishlist using an iPhone or on a web browser without installing their browser spywear??

I couldn't log in to my Amazon using a browser on my mobile. I had the password right but it said I really ought to use their app or we will now send you some numbers via SMS and really that's your password.

Amazon Unlimited is doing a 99c for three months deal. I’m thinking about giving it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom