Boxing & UFC

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
How the fuck didn't we have a thread on this? Kovalev vs. Ward was one of the BEST boxing matches I've seen in years. Think Kovalev should have won but they should have the rematch in Russia, Rocky style. That would be fucking epic.

How the fuck didn't we have a thread on this? Kovalev vs. Ward was one of the BEST boxing matches I've seen in years. Think Kovalev should have won but they should have the rematch in Russia, Rocky style. That would be fucking epic.

I'm so happy about this bout.

Boxing has been struggling for years and I'm tired of listening to UFC douchebag fans. Boxing is so superior.

I've been an admirer of the "sweet science" for nearly all my life. UFC/MMA competitions (from the admittedly little that I have seen of them) have always struck me as crude and inelegant by comparison.

I've been an admirer of the "sweet science" for nearly all my life. UFC/MMA competitions (from the admittedly little that I have seen of them) have always struck me as crude and inelegant by comparison.
every match i've ever watched has ended up with some guy sitting on top of some other guy on the ground and pounding his head/face with the side of his hand.

Precisely

Indeed, it was one of the best boxing matches this decade. In stark contrast to the snoozefest that Mayweather and Pac served us with last year.

Really like Ward - ring smart but very dirty fighter. Could have gone either way but no way was it a unanimous Points victory for Ward. Considering he was put down, Kovalev was the reigning champ and Ward only rallied later rounds.

The UFC circus is in town down the street from me. What should I expect to see leaving my lobby?

for you or them?

For the people beating themselves to a pulp - that lucrative they attract sycophants and women.

Or for that matter, for people who pay for other people to beat themselves bloody.

For the people beating themselves to a pulp - that lucrative they attract sycophants and women.

Or for that matter, for people who pay for other people to beat themselves bloody.
violence attracts the masses.

Huge boxing fan here. A few things(catching up with this thread)....

That ^^ will be a solid fight if it gets made. The casual boxing fan will overlook it. The serious fan wants to see that! I do.

I had Ward losing to SK by 1 point. And this coming from someone who wanted him to win. Very good fight. Ward should give him the rematch, but I am not sure he will anytime soon.

GGG vs Jacobs at MSG in March. I will be there! Got tickets the first week they went on sale. Not rooting for either fighter, I just want to see a good fight and would like to see GGG pushed. This will be his highest level opponent to date. Solid co-main event on that card. Really looking fwd to it.

I thought Klitschko might be worth a bet last night. He has been around a long time and if he could last his experience is better than Joshua. However, since boxing is pay per view I don't see much of it. So I did not place a bet.

A better fight than I had expected.

Boxing people can fight MMA people now? Does that mean the MMA people will take over any boxing champion belt at stake? Will the MMA fighter be allowed to kick?

Boxing people can fight MMA people now? Does that mean the MMA people will take over any boxing champion belt at stake? Will the MMA fighter be allowed to kick?
This is going to be the worst fight in decades

Mayweather is in for the easiest pay-check of his career. The Irish bloke won't put a paw on him.

I haven't watched the fight yet. But I don't have high hopes - I gave up watching fights years ago because of the low skill quality. It became just street brawlers scrapping and no boxing.

I would have assumed the boxer would be better dressed than the MMA fighter but the opposite happened; a far cry from the days when people wore black tie for boxing.

I would have assumed the boxer would be better dressed than the MMA fighter but the opposite happened; a far cry from the days when people wore black tie for boxing.

Better dressed is relative. Did you read his pinstripes?

Do you think the pinstripes were bespoke? I can see some douchebag brand actually getting a machine and making those suits.

I just figured something out. My father still calls Muhammad Ali by Cassius Clay. That dates him right?

That press conference was such a circus. Just fight. I hope this fight doesn't turn into the one like Ali vs thr Japanese wrestler. Co or is stupid for thinking he can go one dimensional and beat Mayweather. I think Conor can kill Mayweather in the Octagon but not in a boxing ring.

I just watched the Ali vs Inoki fight last night. What a shambles. They should have just cut it off after the second round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom