Car Talk

However, there are philosophical treatises about cars. Typically, but not exclusively French.

I wonder what their take on Ace and Gary's whip is.

ace.gif

Ordered a new car in January to be delivered in April. In April they said May/June. In June they said mid-August. Today they said February 22, at the earliest.
Now they say February 22, BUT only if a few extras are taken out of the configuration. Otherwise the order will not be processed (as if they had processed anything so far) and stay on hold until whenever. Also no solution yet for an interim car until delivery, which they dearly promised the last time. Bye Audi!

Now they say February 22, BUT only if a few extras are taken out of the configuration. Otherwise the order will not be processed (as if they had processed anything so far) and stay on hold until whenever. Also no solution yet for an interim car until delivery, which they dearly promised the last time. Bye Audi!
ouch that sucks. what are you going to look for as a replacement?

ouch that sucks. what are you going to look for as a replacement?
Not sure yet. Certainly will place an order with either Mercedes or BMW. Guess that is the next best alternative. Maybe we just keep the Audi order open, place another order somewhere else and see who is first. They all take forever at the moment. Our fleet manager is thinking about other solutions as well, because my current car needs to be returned in a few weeks unless we do something about it.

Not sure yet. Certainly will place an order with either Mercedes or BMW. Guess that is the next best alternative. Maybe we just keep the Audi order open, place another order somewhere else and see who is first. They all take forever at the moment. Our fleet manager is thinking about other solutions as well, because my current car needs to be returned in a few weeks unless we do something about it.
its even worse at mercedes down here. lots with only 5 cars on them. 6 months waits. its gotten completely out of hand.

How’s the car shopping going, Rambo?

Next year if things calm down a bit, I’ll probably start looking for a new car for Mrs DB. Maybe something electric.

How’s the car shopping going, Rambo?

Next year if things calm down a bit, I’ll probably start looking for a new car for Mrs DB. Maybe something electric.
poorly. i've given up. hoping for winter to turn the economy to shit.

im also interested in an EV but they arent even being released here. all the 2022 models are being released in 15 or so states that pollute the most. the thought of getting 19mpg with these rising gas prices really put a damper on my enthusiasm.

Mrs DB is still WFH and not putting miles on her old Honda so there’s no big rush for us. I do need to read more about electrics to see if it would work for us. All I know is that Tesla CEO is shady as fuck.

Mrs DB is still WFH and not putting miles on her old Honda so there’s no big rush for us. I do need to read more about electrics to see if it would work for us. All I know is that Tesla CEO is shady as fuck.
Tesla’s are garbage. Gm is garbage. Honestly the Asians seem the best bet for the midrange segment

Not much to choose from on the EV front at the moment unfortunately and the options they do have are ridiculously expensive.

Bummer. I knew the Porsche would be redic but was hoping the Volvo was better for value.

Tesla’s are garbage. Gm is garbage. Honestly the Asians seem the best bet for the midrange segment
Everyone I know who has a Tesla are trying to get rid as the tax rebates are pretty much gone and all the electrical lights on the dashboard start to go after 2-3 years. GM's are dreadful: Chevrolet is a joke over here and no one's ever seen a Ford on the road that's older than 3 years old.
Volvo has awful reliability
Volvo's are very popular here. I thought they were decent quality and reliability, but the service costs are astronomical? My accountant's got one of the SUV hybrids. I find them a very corporate executive looking car - say's the man who drives the VW Polo. But the old 1980s Audi Quattro's were great cars.

I gave up on company cars when you started to get taxed on your non-business Kms and all the other taxes that made having a company car a burden and not a perk.

Am I being deliberately obtuse? No, it is as I stated.
Electrical lights on the dashboard? Not sure if there’s a double meaning to this, but there are no electrical lights on the dashboard, just one giant ipad-like screen, which one more time indicates that you are pulling stuff out of your ass.

Electrical lights on the dashboard? Not sure if there’s a double meaning to this, but there are no electrical lights on the dashboard, just one giant ipad-like screen, which one more time indicates that you are pulling stuff out of your ass.
Alright then, the digital display starts going wrong, giving false readings, etc. It's the same thing in my universe: Electrics, computers, diodes and megabytes. Tesla's are the proverbial space junk and won't age well.

Why would I make up shit? There's enough of it around without having to fake it.

Because you desperately need the actual world to conform to your narrative.

You are a self-professed tech-challenged late middle aged person who drives a VW and works in the oil industry. Throwing shit at Tesla makes sense, and in your world view Tesla needs to fail.

The actual reality is that most owners love their Tesla’s (I happen to own one, the experience is fantastic and none of the shit you claim or have seen in some fringe youtubers post is an actual problem), sales keep on going up, and Elon Musk is the richest guy in the galaxy. That’s why you make shit up.

1632242393529.png
These are not the sales numbers of a space junk that doesn’t age well, my friend

Attachments

• 1632242356116.png
    1632242356116.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 53

You are a self-professed tech-challenged late middle aged person who drives a VW and works in the oil industry. Throwing shit at Tesla makes sense, and in your world view Tesla needs to fail.

The actual reality is that most owners love their Tesla’s (I happen to own one, the experience is fantastic and none of the shit you claim or have seen in some fringe youtubers post is an actual problem), sales keep on going up, and Elon Musk is the richest guy in the galaxy. That’s why you make shit up.
I work in all energy sectors, oil & gas to renewables and beyond. I'm quite big in the biomass and fuel world. I'm not going to be climate road kill anytime soon.

Yes, I drive VW Polo in the Netherlands and why wouldn't I? 'Tis my choice for internal travel on roads that are congested to gridlock with small car parks and road speed restrictions and cameras that make sportier cars quite redundant other than status symbols.

When the time comes, I will engage the 1970s London gangster vehicle to get me half-way across the continent before the cops find out.

So enjoy your Tesla, I couldn't give a toss how popular they are. I'm here and here is now. The only reality I'm interested in.

I work in all energy sectors, oil & gas to renewables and beyond. I'm quite big in the biomass and fuel world. I'm not going to be climate road kill anytime soon.

Yes, I drive VW Polo in the Netherlands and why wouldn't I? 'Tis my choice for internal travel on roads that are congested to gridlock with small car parks and road speed restrictions and cameras that make sportier cars quite redundant other than status symbols.

Fascinating story. Totally unrelated to your baseless/fabricated claim around quality of Teslas, but fascinating nonetheless!

When the time comes, I will engage the 1970s London gangster vehicle to get me half-way across the continent before the cops find out.

Second time you mention this - care to shed some light on what the fuck you mean?

So enjoy your Tesla, I couldn't give a toss how popular they are.
I am enjoying it, thanks so much! Please enjoy you Polo too.

I'm here and here is now. The only reality I'm interested in.
Yes, I’ve noticed, but thanks for confirming.

Fascinating story. Totally unrelated to your baseless/fabricated claim around quality of Teslas, but fascinating nonetheless!

Second time you mention this - care to shed some light on what the fuck you mean?

I am enjoying it, thanks so much! Please enjoy you Polo too.

Yes, I’ve noticed, but thanks for confirming.
Oh do grow up when you have the time.

Oh no you’re not a Musk fanboy are you???

Pimpy is right on this one. The verbiage needs a bit of fine tuning but the principle is sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom