Cop Tyranny Thread

this. look the likelihood is there will need to be a law enforcement capacity of some kind. but the police, as we currently know them, have got to go.

i forget did you ever provide evidence of this story?

probably hanging with some cool people. gangsters lead interesting lives! you expect her to hang out with investment bankers in london?

i have no idea what this question is asking other than its your tacit admission that you find your life boring and would also like to hang out with some gangsters.

yes its about cool parties hanging out with your friends.
It's about bringing respect to your race and not playing a stereotype, calling a fellow black person a coon and daring him to step outside where her people will get him, is not that. Moot point because she's still fighting for her life, so much for cool parties hanging around with your gangster chums.

Handing over inner city policing to these types will result in a worse situation than we have now.

It's about bringing respect to your race and not playing a stereotype, calling a fellow black person a coon and daring him to step outside where her people will get him, is not that.
woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah

what?

Handing over inner city policing to these types will result in a worse situation than we have now.
i'm sure "those types" would disagree

what?
I believe he is referring to this video of Sasha Johnson.

One more time Pimpy shows his Jedi-level skills to take the conversation to a rabbit hole far, far away from where it started. Defunding the police, transferring roles and responsibilities to other civil organizations, and/or creating new ones has absolutely nothing to do with BLM or Sasha Johnson.

I believe he is referring to this video of Sasha Johnson.

One more time Pimpy shows his Jedi-level skills to take the conversation to a rabbit hole far, far away from where it started. Defunding the police, transferring roles and responsibilities to other civil organizations, and/or creating new ones has absolutely nothing to do with BLM or Sasha Johnson.

Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith this is your damning evidence? the guy explaining the george floyd murder away as "a legal hold" and this woman reacting so mildly to it?

what?

i'm sure "those types" would disagree
As you will have studied the 20th century American civil rights movement, as I have, you will note great emphasis on bringing pride to your race. That phrase comes straight from that movement.

Are you saying the proud blacks of the 20th century and the civil rights movement should be denigrated as not enlightened or Uncle Tom's? Please do tell, I'm all ears.

Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith this is your damning evidence? the guy explaining the george floyd murder away as "a legal hold" and this woman reacting so mildly to it?
That video is self-evident, ''mild'' as it is, that's a young black lady calling a black guy repeatedly a ''coon'' and come outside in a threatening manner where my gang will get you. I understand that might be quite exotic to some, a show of raw street and authentic black culture. I just see a stereotype and someone incapable of bringing pride to their race in terms of the old fashioned civil rights movement.

It's gangsta' talk and she brings disrespect to herself as a stereotype i.e. black person as gangbanger.

Don't ever be a stereotype, whoever you are.

As you will have studied the 20th century American civil rights movement, as I have, you will note great emphasis on bringing pride to your race. That phrase comes straight from that movement.

Are you saying the proud blacks of the 20th century and the civil rights movement should be denigrated as not enlightened or Uncle Tom's? Please do tell, I'm all ears.

That video is self-evident, ''mild'' as it is, that's a young black lady calling a black guy repeatedly a ''coon'' and come outside in a threatening manner where my gang will get you. I understand that might be quite exotic to some, a show of raw street and authentic black culture. I just see a stereotype and someone incapable of bringing pride to their race in terms of the old fashioned civil rights movement.

It's gangsta' talk and she brings disrespect to herself as a stereotype i.e. black person as gangbanger.

Don't ever be a stereotype, whoever you are.
Ignore him, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Everywhere, is just an extension of the US in Rambo's brain. You prove a point, he'll just move the goalposts.

Ignore him, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Everywhere, is just an extension of the US in Rambo's brain. You prove a point, he'll just move the goalposts.
first of all you have no ideas or prescriptions to please, spare me your pearl clutching. secondly BLM is a US movement that expanded to the UK. why do you think that is? because everything is just hunky dory in the UK? don't get salty with me because the guy you wanted your daughter to marry blew your chance at the championship.

first we give our bonafides...

then we pose the thoughtful question...

and lastly, we prove ourselves to be the great understander of black people and their culture.

bravo. this was one of your finer efforts.

first of all you have no ideas or prescriptions to please, spare me your pearl clutching. secondly BLM is a US movement that expanded to the UK. why do you think that is? because everything is just hunky dory in the UK? don't get salty with me because the guy you wanted your daughter to marry blew your chance at the championship.

first we give our bonafides...

then we pose the thoughtful question...

and lastly, we prove ourselves to be the great understander of black people and their culture.

bravo. this was one of your finer efforts.
Again, you're moving the goalposts.

You asked for evidence that she used a racist slur, and you were provided with it. Also, do you not find it ironic that a representative of an organisation called Black Lives Matter should be threatening a Black person with violence for disagreeing with her? What a charmer she is.

You know Rambo, you seem to be supremely comfortable with violence when it's performed/threatened by the organisations that you support but damning of it when it's performed/threatened by those you don't.

the police, as we currently know them, have got to go.

Can you elaborate on this, please? Are you saying that we need to hire a brand new workforce and train them to do all the roles that can’t be done by others (investigating sexual assaults and cybercrime, monitoring domestic and international terrorists, providing for the security and safety of other first responders, etc)? Or do we keep parts of the existing workforce, operating in new institutions?

Again, you're moving the goalposts.
no, no i'm not.

You asked for evidence that she used a racist slur, and you were provided with it.
ok great. now what?

Also, do you not find it ironic that a representative of an organisation called Black Lives Matter should be threatening a Black person with violence for disagreeing with her?
no, not at all. just because she represents an ostensibly "black" organization means she, by default, must agree with all other black people?

What a charmer she is.
see, you're telling on yourself here because you can't help but comment on her personality. it really has nothing to do with the message at all. can't have these uppity blacks running around and ruining it for the good ones eh?

You know Rambo, you seem to be supremely comfortable with violence when it's performed/threatened by the organisations that you support but damning of it when it's performed/threatened by those you don't.
well, you know if you gave this any introspection at all, you'd understand why. other than eating the rich and getting rid of fascists i do not advocate for violence. i DO say that violence gets results, though not always the ones you want. i, as a leftist, want to perpetuate violence against fascists and wipe them from the face of the earth. you, as a milquetoast centrist, see that as a problem because i'm not supporting the other side, which by definition means you want me to also advocate fascist violence against minorities and other target groups. instead of seeing this as a fundamental flaw in your own line of thinking you seek to make me out as a hypocrite of some kind.

you really should move to america and join the democratic party formby. you'd fit in here perfectly.

Can you elaborate on this, please? Are you saying that we need to hire a brand new workforce and train them to do all the roles that can’t be done by others (investigating sexual assaults and cybercrime, monitoring domestic and international terrorists, providing for the security and safety of other first responders, etc)? Or do we keep parts of the existing workforce, operating in new institutions?
this is a very good question and one that i've been grappling with for some time. is it even feasible to start over completely from scratch? can certain elements of police forces be "reformed"? does it matter because we'll need to keep some of them on for the greater good no matter what? i'm honestly not certain what the right approach is, nor do i know if there even is a right approach. but we have got to get rid of the structure we have now.

this is a very good question and one that i've been grappling with for some time. is it even feasible to start over completely from scratch? can certain elements of police forces be "reformed"? does it matter because we'll need to keep some of them on for the greater good no matter what? i'm honestly not certain what the right approach is, nor do i know if there even is a right approach. but we have got to get rid of the structure we have now.

I think a somewhat aggressive/radical rethink and restating of mission, incentives and accountability would be a great start.

I think a somewhat aggressive/radical rethink and restating of mission, incentives and accountability would be a great start.
while i agree, the problem with that in practice is we've already danced that dance and tried to have the cops not be killers. the thin blue line bullshit is rife within all the departments. i mean in los angeles the sherrifs created their own gang. its like this in a lot of other parts of the country as well. they have a license to do bodily harm to every day citizens for whatever reason they deem necessary, and very often if they can't find a reason they'll just make some bullshit up. our courts and politicians back them up every step of the way. i just don't see how its possible. i'd love to be wrong.

while i agree, the problem with that in practice is we've already danced that dance and tried to have the cops not be killers. the thin blue line bullshit is rife within all the departments. i mean in los angeles the sherrifs created their own gang. its like this in a lot of other parts of the country as well. they have a license to do bodily harm to every day citizens for whatever reason they deem necessary, and very often if they can't find a reason they'll just make some bullshit up. our courts and politicians back them up every step of the way. i just don't see how its possible. i'd love to be wrong.

That’s exactly my point. If enforcement forces at every level are actually accountable (ie kill a civilian, go to jail), and incentives are not based on skewed/proxied numbers that don’t really reflect the problem at hand (ie not get paid for number of tickets or for keeping convictions high or arrests high or murders low or whatnot), then I think you would start seeing change. But that’s what the radical part is all about.

I mean, most civilized countries have police forces that work much, much better than in the US. You don’t need to re-invent the wheel, you just need to make it work like a wheel, not something else completely.

Then again, the US has proven useless at enacting real change across key issues like this. Too politicized. You talk about police reform, and you have the Pimpys of this world blabering some nonsense about how BLM killer gangs will take over the streets if you do. And when you have a muppet like Trump actually in charge (or his minions lurking around still), and close to 50% of the country buying this BS, it’s hard to see how even small changes can happen.

That’s exactly my point. If enforcement forces at every level are actually accountable (ie kill a civilian, go to jail)
right but how do you prove that they killed the civilian legally or illegally? its almost impossible with all the roadblocks we have. hell even derrick chauvin wasn't convicted of first degree murder, but third degree murder. who the fuck even knows what the differences in degrees are?

and incentives are not based on skewed/proxied numbers that don’t really reflect the problem at hand (ie not get paid for number of tickets or for keeping convictions high or arrests high or murders low or whatnot),
but there are no incentives for murder. there are no incentives for stopping black people and other minorities. yet these things happen in overwhelming numbers. how can you account for that? (not you personally i mean what structures are in place to make these outcomes a reality)

I mean, most civilized countries have police forces that work much, much better than in the US. You don’t need to re-invent the wheel, you just need to make it work like a wheel, not something else completely.
true they do. but not for the same reasons. the brits don't carry guns yet they complain about many of the same instances of harassment that we have. lower murders, obviously. i know in spain the cops are basically a civilian "keep it moving" force and they don't seek to hassle people but keep society moving without hiccups. don't know if they carry guns there.
Then again, the US has proven useless at enacting real change across key issues like this.
correct. or any issue really to be honest.
You talk about police reform, and you have the Pimpys of this world blabering some nonsense about how BLM killer gangs will take over the streets if you do.
correct.

And when you have a muppet like Trump actually in charge (or his minions lurking around still), and close to 50% of the country buying this BS, it’s hard to see how even small changes can happen.
which is basically why i've come to the realization that it has to be torn down and rebuilt from scratch. but that really has to happen on the political level as well. more or less why i have zero hope for this or any other structural changes in this country.

Yes ok. We agree. But why does that situation require him to be murdered? They literally have tasers on their person why not use that first?
He was not ‘murdered’. He attacked a policeman which is a bad move. Tasers don’t always work and at that range the policeman does not get a second chance.

Maybe he could shoot the machete out of the attackers hand? That always worked for Roy Rogers and the Lone Ranger.

By the way, the phrase to ‘run amok’ originates from the attacker’s part of the world.

By the way, the phrase to ‘run amok’ originates from the attacker’s part of the world.

Like Blood and Soil originates from your part of the world? Seriously, if you had ever visited the Philippines you’d know just how little they have in common with Burma.

Did the guy lay a single finger on them? Yes he had the knife and was coming at them crazy, but they never got touched and he never even swung the fucking thing at them.
That proves my position is correct. It doesn't matter that you were being charged by someone with a machete, the do gooders will always blame the cop for excessive lethal force. So why risk policing high crime districts and communities where you're inevitably going to need to use force and perhaps lethal at times? You're just a ACAB with a target on your back. Half the establishment is against you for starters and want you defunded, shamed and humiliated. No, stand down let the community leaders and social workers deal with it. Full respect to police who under those circumstances are committed to serving the peace.

6C656FD4-4010-438E-8C6C-BE966589B727.jpeg

Polo, huh?

F7A09117-A2A8-4BBD-8A34-FD2E22F0CDA1.jpeg

That is pretty damn sick, but says a lot about where we are these days in terms of polarised views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom