Corduroy

rdiaz

Ratings
I finally found high rise, wide leg cords at a local outlet store. Luckily from my usual go-to dress trouser brand, same cut. €14. The corduroy is made by Duca Visconti di Modrone, no idea if it's yay or nay.

Last edited:

rdiaz

Ratings
BTW do you put creases on your cords? I usually put them on everything but jeans, as they work great to elongate my legs, but on cords it's hard to press them in and they go away pretty fast. I was considering a permanent (stitched) crease...

rdiaz

Ratings
Mine have a dress trouser cut, so they might actually look dumb without the crease (they're pleated as well).
But yeah I guess the permanent crease is too much...

rdiaz

Ratings
You keen on the permacrease? I actually did one leg right now and it looks pretty good, though I'd rather have a seamstress do it with a machine for a more clean look...

viaattovannucci

No Custom Title
Ratings
You keen on the permacrease? I actually did one leg right now and it looks pretty good, though I'd rather have a seamstress do it with a machine for a more clean look...
No, no. I’m not a fan of “permacrease” anything. But everything—including cords, chinos, and cavalry twills, save for denim—gets turnups from the tailor and a crease from the iron in my book.

rdiaz

Ratings
I see. I used to cuff everything too, but on the wider me, uncuffed looks just better. I will for now just try to press a better crease...

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
I spy the Olive corduroy jacket in the shop now. Guess it’ll be on the site soon. Still deciding between the tan and olive.
EDED112B-EF76-4FB7-BB71-1A7F7929471E.jpeg

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
I order the dark olive sport coat, after waiting six months for the fawn to be released- last minute change of heart.

B34912C5-468B-44DC-ACD8-6A8DB553E292.jpeg
C70AC5DF-A0EC-4F82-B350-D0307A78375D.jpeg

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
Will need some tailoring, but I’m keeping it. First 40L I’ve ever owned - the extra length compensated for the brand’s bum freezer tendencies nicely.

DCB89155-719B-4CFD-9DFB-E2BFD10E93EA.jpeg

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
Looks pretty ok for a cord jacket , take up the sleeves and you’re all set. Cord doesn’t stretch and spring back so it needs to be not too tight anywhere. Be nice to get the material number and get some trousers made up to make a suit. What was the damage?

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Ratings
Cheers. Jacket was $298 and the matching (Brisbane Moss) pants are $128. I’ll pass on the cord suit though. I’m eyeing a brown herringbone or baby camel hair jacket and then I’m done till next summer.

Fox wearing said matching green cord suit:
BEAFE3B7-5B8F-4643-9A94-2685CEE64D75.jpeg

Last edited:

LelandJ

Chicken Testicle Enthusiast
Ratings
Will need some tailoring, but I’m keeping it. First 40L I’ve ever owned - the extra length compensated for the brand’s bum freezer tendencies nicely.

View attachment 30843
Obviously the long's necessary for length but there's no way to tailor those sleeves up 3" with the buttons in the way. Are you just going to wear the monkey sleeves as is? I do sympathize with the overall failure of RTW GQ-infested designs.

Top Bottom