Corduroy

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I grew up in the 70s wearing bell bottom apple green cords.

What’s not to love? Cords, moleskin and wool flannels are comfy, warm, tough, and wrinkle resistant yet look dressier than jeans and cotton chinos. Even five pocket cords are a step up from denim in formality.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
i have never worn a moleskin or corduroy item in my entire life.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
What’s called moleskin here in Oz - especially R M Williams is much smoother like twill than proper English. moleskin. I had a pair of English moleskin trousers I had to give away. They felt like being in sauna even in winter.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
I’ve always had cords. Always will. Not very fond of wide wale baggy cords.

I have cord sports jackets, cord trucker jacket, cord shirts, cord shacket, cord suits, cord jeans, cord trousers.

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Cord desert boots and Wallabees look a bit desirable.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
What’s called moleskin here in Oz - especially R M Williams is much smoother like twill than proper English. moleskin. I had a pair of English moleskin trousers I had to give away. They felt like being in sauna even in winter.
Yes! When I got a pair of Brisbane Moss moleskins after wearing RMW I was kinda shocked. It felt like a cheap velour with a plush shag on the outside and a bit rough on the inside. I wouldn’t say they they were particularly thick, either. Very different to the RMs, which are more of a heavy twill that is brushed on both sides.

Sauce

You may be right, but it'd bug me. I'm going to order another pair today. I guess the two cloths were different batches with the time the garments were ordered apart. Maybe dyed slighty different or it might just be because the trousers have been worn a bit and cleaned, in which case it'll all even out over time.
So after the order was cancelled for some reason so I reodered. After waiting forever I collected them last Saturday, raced home and their the same fucking shade as the trousers I already have. Well pissed off. But all is not lost...I went to see House of Gucci Friday evening. Cracking film. Mr. G rocked a brown cord jacket with dark blue trousers and sky blue shirt. So my dislike of a cord jacket being worn as a sportscoat has changed.

Top Bottom