Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

R

Rushmore

Pretty much Jermyn Street is tacky 4 work shirts for a hundred quid offers appealing to cheapskate city boys on the way up and down, spivs and other disaffected sorts. There's three stores worth a visit: T&A, Foster & Son and Benson & Clegg in the arcades.

Why Benson & Clegg?

Lumpen

Ratings
this would look much better if the pants weren't sticking up above the belt like that.

Why the belt is placed so low?

Is the new tackyhype this tackyshill wants to (butt)introduce as 2019 new badspokers hype?

If I was was on USA, I would print him from that image on real size carton and use it on the shotting range as seen on many later Dirty Harry movies shooting range scenes ( were actually all the criminals were reflected as afrohaired black people but the main bad charachters, the corrupted ones, were cops already, quite funny)

In fact that pic is asking for shoot me please, head 50 points , (un)balls 25, hearth 40

Nice lapels, I love late 70s style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onSlVRpN9Nc

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Ratings

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
My father would tuck his jumpers into his belt - used to embarrass me no end when I was a kid. He was a smart dresser compared to all his contemporaries.

Untermensch

Ratings
Trends spotted at Pitti Uomo this week:
1) Trousers are now worn six inches above the ankle, and very narrow at the hem. Turn-ups are de rigueur.
2) Hats are in.
3) Coats, horse blankets, giant shawls. Coats preferably not worn but hung over shoulders.
4) More ethnic minorities. Now I don't know if this is just a consequence of demographics or an actual political movement. A form of enfranchisement perhaps. But it is noticeable.
5) Those silly newspaperboy caps, à la Peaky Blinders. They're in too.
6) Large thighs (is it just me or are they getting larger?)
7) Overpreening.
8) Colours and patterns, the more the merrier.

Overall, it's a cross between "lo stile Italiano" as it exists in the iGents' fantasy, and 1940s Harlem.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
1) Trousers are now worn six inches above the ankle, and very narrow at the hem. Turn-ups are de rigueur.
2) Hats are in.
3) Coats, horse blankets, giant shawls. Coats preferably not worn but hung over shoulders.
4) More ethnic minorities. Now I don't know if this is just a consequence of demographics or an actual political movement. A form of enfranchisement perhaps. But it is noticeable.
7) Overpreening.

Overall, it's a cross between "lo stile Italiano" as it exists in the iGents' fantasy, and 1940s Harlem.
so, just like normal?

Scherensammler

Ratings
2) Hats are in.
7) Overpreening.

Anything goes. Just like in the "Darkroom of disease"!

Great White Snark

Ratings
2) Hats are in.
7) Overpreening.

Use the above critique for the Pitti meeting of your choice!

Top Bottom