Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

I have always said I aim for the look of a disheveled alcoholic geography teacher who rolls his own smokes and is just marking time until retirement.

Never go full geography tutor or David Bellamy wannabee biology teacher.

The Charles Bukowksi style is about as about as far as you should take it to maintain integrity and dignity.

I’m all about the disheveled Welcome Back Kotter meets Professor Indiana Jones tweeds, flannels and cords look.

Pretty much Jermyn Street is tacky 4 work shirts for a hundred quid offers appealing to cheapskate city boys on the way up and down, spivs and other disaffected sorts. There's three stores worth a visit: T&A, Foster & Son and Benson & Clegg in the arcades.

Why Benson & Clegg?

Screenshot_20190106-103318.jpg

Difficult to pull off. Not impossible, but quite difficult.

I think the individual must have the perfect body mass to height ratio, and the sweater must be cashmere or cashmere blend for the combo to work. Also I feel the colors must be mute.

Don't, unless you're a fisherman from Cornwall, the Outer Hebrides, or Ireland, and then only if hauling up lobster nets. Cornish fishermen, by the way, are the salt of the earth.

I think there are some Bretons that qualify as well

this would look much better if the pants weren't sticking up above the belt like that.

Why the belt is placed so low?

Is the new tackyhype this tackyshill wants to (butt)introduce as 2019 new badspokers hype?

If I was was on USA, I would print him from that image on real size carton and use it on the shotting range as seen on many later Dirty Harry movies shooting range scenes ( were actually all the criminals were reflected as afrohaired black people but the main bad charachters, the corrupted ones, were cops already, quite funny)

In fact that pic is asking for shoot me please, head 50 points , (un)balls 25, hearth 40

Nice lapels, I love late 70s style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onSlVRpN9Nc

Last edited by a moderator:
Le gentleman fisheur above il est Breton? Le tres cutting a dash. Le tres beaucoup more than the likes of Crompers avec his latest shawl-collar pose (wear it to the office, he says). Sacre bleu quel twunt!

My father would tuck his jumpers into his belt - used to embarrass me no end when I was a kid. He was a smart dresser compared to all his contemporaries.

large flooding in Solomeo over the past weeks.....

I have a Cucinelle jacket and there is glue all over the jacket. Difficult to believe the Eur 1,500 retail price.

"The Cucinelli crew, in a signature mix of casual and dressy tailoring. #PittiUomo"

Good God Almighty.

47691917_281666635884812_4589801741642519821_n.jpg

Not forgetting they are a humanistic company. Why they bother with those effete pants when you could go the full monty and get a pair of jodhpurs to perfect the look.

Trends spotted at Pitti Uomo this week:
1) Trousers are now worn six inches above the ankle, and very narrow at the hem. Turn-ups are de rigueur.
2) Hats are in.
3) Coats, horse blankets, giant shawls. Coats preferably not worn but hung over shoulders.
4) More ethnic minorities. Now I don't know if this is just a consequence of demographics or an actual political movement. A form of enfranchisement perhaps. But it is noticeable.
5) Those silly newspaperboy caps, à la Peaky Blinders. They're in too.
6) Large thighs (is it just me or are they getting larger?)
7) Overpreening.
8) Colours and patterns, the more the merrier.

Overall, it's a cross between "lo stile Italiano" as it exists in the iGents' fantasy, and 1940s Harlem.

1) Trousers are now worn six inches above the ankle, and very narrow at the hem. Turn-ups are de rigueur.
2) Hats are in.
3) Coats, horse blankets, giant shawls. Coats preferably not worn but hung over shoulders.
4) More ethnic minorities. Now I don't know if this is just a consequence of demographics or an actual political movement. A form of enfranchisement perhaps. But it is noticeable.
7) Overpreening.

Overall, it's a cross between "lo stile Italiano" as it exists in the iGents' fantasy, and 1940s Harlem.
so, just like normal?

2) Hats are in.
7) Overpreening.

Anything goes. Just like in the "Darkroom of disease"!

2) Hats are in.
7) Overpreening.

Use the above critique for the Pitti meeting of your choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom