Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

florisgreen

Nope. More like Gufus.
Anyone with a modicum of intellect and a couple of brain cells to rub together can separate the clothing from the man.
I though of him too

I don't know this Gufus, but it seems to be a much hated poster.

You are just unable to accept that people have opinions different from yours and from the leading sartorial culture here, so you always attempt to ridicule them and to pass them off as stupids, retards, psychopaths or trolls.
I have no interest in the least in discussing with such people, I would only share my opinions and knowledges with the ones really and honestly interested.

By the way, I don't need anybody's approval: I cultivate my own style with pleasure, and I can tell you that I always got many compliments.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Since it’s all about short legs etc. You all realise my mate Iggy Pop has one leg considerably shorter than the other and has special shoes made. And he doesn’t have a fat gut.
I heard his middle leg is just slightly shorter than the outer two.

He wore Denson boots in the 70s. Haven’t heard about anything custom though.

Sauce

Bespoke is interesting like that. I asked Cleverley for different sized shoes and they refused me. My feet aren't much different, so it wouldn't have looked odd.

I asked my tailor to make my sleeves different lengths etc, but he refused me as well. He said the sleeve will look slightly longer than the other, and hence odd. Adding too much padding in one shoulder can also make the sleeve look too long on one side.
My sleeves look even.

Sauce

I can tell you that I always got many compliments.
ca34.jpg

Thruth

Created the finest posts in internet forum history
Supporter

You are just unable to accept that people have opinions different from yours and from the leading sartorial culture here, so you always attempt to ridicule them and to pass them off as stupids, retards, psychopaths or trolls.
I have no interest in the least in discussing with such people, I would only share my opinions and knowledges with the ones really and honestly interested.

By the way, I don't need anybody's approval: I cultivate my own style with pleasure, and I can tell you that I always got many compliments.
He was a misguided young man with peculiar style tastes and opinions who argued like you do in that he was so pedantic about his peculiarity yet never acknowledged it but always accused others of closed mindedness and being pedants. Sadly he passed away.

He was a friend of your ex-tie maker. The difference was he did not return ties for seemingly little issues.

He also believed down-filled pants were stylish even though they were really unnecessary in International Falls winters.

I have no problem with you choosing colours that are most popular with circus clowns or bulk buying Joshua Ellis scarves. I will leave it to Franchi to diagnose you now that he is a psychologist.

Gufus was similar to you in his refusal to post his own pics despite his seemingly vast style knowledge. I think we have only seen a foot pic or two from you even though you have a fine collection of shoes and other kit.

The similarity is eerie. Like twin sons of different mothers.

Last edited:

Thruth

Supporter
I might weigh in....

...then again. I'm still too traumatised by the reaction to my cuff strap idea....!!!!!
There are lots of examples of Bund straps with pandas. Steve McQueen had a alligator Bund strap and other ones for his watches.

1631714518938.jpeg

Paul Newman too
1631714580629.jpeg

1631714635273.jpeg

formby002

There are lots of examples of Bund straps with pandas. Steve McQueen had a alligator Bund strap and other ones for his watches.

View attachment 41295
Paul Newman too
View attachment 41296
View attachment 41297

Here's Nina Rindt. The 'shine swigging, grits and possum gravy munching, West Virginia country-roads a-taking, inbred stylin', banjo playin' model and wife of former F1 driver Joachim rockin-da-cuff.

Tres retro, tres sexi!!!

nina+rindt+universal+geneve

belinmad

Your opinion is entirely valid - it’s your opinion and everyone has one. What your opinion does not do is have a greater truth meaning than actual experiences people have had.

And if you have sloping shoulders, better to accept it than using padding to change your natural frame.

Why is this better? If you have a bigger belly, should you have high raise trousers to mask it, or accept it and have a muffin top? If you have a hump, should you also accept it, or have your tailor try to work around it? If you have one leg shorter than the other, should you have your shoemaker accommodate for it, or limp?

However, that's a very good point. Tailored clothing is meant to hide deficiencies while emphasising positives.

So, for someone with very sloping shoulders, that should mean having some padding, so as to build up the shoulders and give them some shape.

The point of any suit and especially bespoke is to enhance what needs to be enhanced.

The point is that it's eminently subjective.

WHY???

What is the point of tailored clothing if you don’t have it fit your body?

I can't explain it

See Floris - this is where you are wrong. As explained, you are more than welcome to have a point of view - but your point of view does not carry a higher truth value than other people's experiences and knowledge. When asked to justify some of your inane comments, you can't really come up with a well articulated answer - do that, or move on. Stop this whole petulant "you guys don't appreciate me but I'm a Big Daddy elsewhere".

Lumpen

You are a mental person who simply doesn´t knows what you want except call for attention and do narcissistic blame until people puts bundaries on you as sane people must do, as on normal shops this doesn´t happens, you abuse them ad nauseam to get a hype of selfsteem.Even you are happy when they even pay for the return because a blue fabric was “different” shade as on their website, so fuck you and do not bother people, the blue came green then? Or your want to try at home as many garments as possible and then return and get the owner sends you a bar of gold next time because you “deserve it” on your mental state.

How many shops have you screwed returning goods because you simply doesn´t know even in what planet are you. And in fact this describes you: stupids, retards, psychopaths or trolls.

As stupid to ask for a bespoke Camel wool tie with no interlining and then saying was too “hairy” and do not buy it , you mental degenerate. Do you think a camel is bald? in the pictures the Camel fabric looked bald then? More than 60 emails with this kind of shit over and over.

Returning a 3 fold ultralight 300 gram/meter Carlo Barbera tie because you said the knot was “bad” while you are an idiot unable to do a knot, and saying it was “heavy” while it was almost the most light weight able. Other member here has the same in 7 fold, way more thick and the knot is perfect. Is it you the ignorant unable to do a proper knot.

Asking idiotic and mental things as your alignment obsessive compulsive rituals. Or asking for pattern matching on the back of the tie once the ties were done, since your rituals of aligment as Jack Nicholson on As Bad as it gets.

Any maker does pattern matching on the back, next time ask for a tie with 4 blades and eat it after you clean your butt with it. If you wanted it, in the cases are possible 1 say it before 2 pay the tons of hours needed for it 3 you will be kicked of every place you put your narcissistic evil around.

Any maker redoes 3 times a tie because the motives printed on the fabric that are already aligned as a tie must be done, doesn´t fits your mental illness random rituals and want a tie as computer made, instead of a hand made or invent whatever ridiculous narcissistic excuse to return goods abussing people saying “communication should be better” in August after 60 emails with paranoid crap or “ I delayed too much ( a few days) giving a returning address". Do you believe the crew are SEARS with deparment of returning and blow jobs to degenerates? Your deep anxiety and everything is so pathological that is complete odd.

Post here the pics of crazy aligment you asked out of reality, so the guys can know what kind of mental are you.

A degenerate psychopath who doesn´t pays the difference after getting the most expensive fabrics around but the seller makes a mistake giving you the normal price for them, while other customers, true GENTLEMEN paid that same difference with pleasure, since you love taking advantage of other people mistakes as psychopaths does. Specially on garments for TRUE GENTLEMEN, what you will never be but a low rat.

The only thing for real is you need a psyquiatrician asap, you are so thick for psychologist, you even deny things yourself wrote, this fact can be a psychopath who is used to lie compulsively and is after unable to remember their bs or a psychotic who lost contact with the reality. In your case I bid you are both.

Send 60 emails to Kiton asking for this shite on ties. You won´t ever get a simple answer so better you concentrate on the affiliates of the other unforum, those are as tacky as you, as ignorant in most of the cases as you, and they sell the igent made in china crap you love.

Or better go to a Nike shop and buy a complete wardrobe, stay away of tailoring, you use it as almost all this weirdos to try to put a social shield and show you as “superior” being, while you know already you are the contrary, a mad who needs therapy as that foo idiot with a 911 and gold timepieces but deep defective badspoke while he should deliver rice three delices on a motorbike instead.

Do therapy!

Go to a chinesse 1 euro shop and buy all those “perfect” machine made polyester ties. And the next day, come to return them saying the polyester was too hairy for your hemorroids!

Last edited:

Sauce

He was a misguided young man with peculiar style tastes and opinions who argued like you do in that he was so pedantic about his peculiarity yet never acknowledged it but always accused others of closed mindedness and being pedants. Sadly he passed away.

He was a friend of your ex-tie maker. The difference was he did not return ties for seemingly little issues.

He also believed down-filled pants were stylish even though they were really unnecessary in International Falls winters.

I have no problem with you choosing colours that are most popular with circus clowns or bulk buying Joshua Ellis scarves. I will leave it to Franchi to diagnose you now that he is a psychologist.

Gufus was similar to you in his refusal to post his own pics despite his seemingly vast style knowledge. I think we have only seen a foot pic or two from you even though you have a fine collection of shoes and other kit.

The similarity is eerie. Like twin sons of different mothers.
Lets leave down-filled pants out of it please.

Last edited:

Thruth

Supporter
Here's Nina Rindt. The 'shine swigging, grits and possum gravy munching, West Virginia country-roads a-taking, inbred stylin', banjo playin' model and wife of former F1 driver Joachim rockin-da-cuff.

Tres retro, tres sexi!!!

nina+rindt+universal+geneve
Even thought I do not have one, I like a Bund strap. Obviously it is polarizing.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
I'm not a Bund strap fan myself, but don't have any particularthing against them.

formby002

I've ordered some leather and Lin thread samples from Equus. I'll lay them out at the side of the watch so that those interested can take a look and make some suggestions.

Rambo may want to move these posts to the watch thread for continuity's sake.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
I've ordered some leather and Lin thread samples from Equus. I'll lay them out at the side of the watch so that those interested can take a look and make some suggestions.

Rambo may want to move these posts to the watch thread for continuity's sake.
Put those in the watch thread. The pictures are ugly enough to be in here.

florisgreen

You are a mental person who simply doesn´t knows what you want except call for attention and do narcissistic blame until people puts bundaries on you as sane people must do, as on normal shops this doesn´t happens, you abuse them ad nauseam to get a hype of selfsteem.Even you are happy when they even pay for the return because a blue fabric was “different” shade as on their website, so fuck you and do not bother people, the blue came green then? Or your want to try at home as many garments as possible and then return and get the owner sends you a bar of gold next time because you “deserve it” on your mental state.

How many shops have you screwed returning goods because you simply doesn´t know even in what planet are you. And in fact this describes you: stupids, retards, psychopaths or trolls.

As stupid to ask for a bespoke Camel wool tie with no interlining and then saying was too “hairy” and do not buy it , you mental degenerate. Do you think a camel is bald? in the pictures the Camel fabric looked bald then? More than 60 emails with this kind of shit over and over.

Returning a 3 fold ultralight 300 gram/meter Carlo Barbera tie because you said the knot was “bad” while you are an idiot unable to do a knot, and saying it was “heavy” while it was almost the most light weight able. Other member here has the same in 7 fold, way more thick and the knot is perfect. Is it you the ignorant unable to do a proper knot.

Asking idiotic and mental things as your alignment obsessive compulsive rituals. Or asking for pattern matching on the back of the tie once the ties were done, since your rituals of aligment as Jack Nicholson on As Bad as it gets.

Any maker does pattern matching on the back, next time ask for a tie with 4 blades and eat it after you clean your butt with it. If you wanted it, in the cases are possible 1 say it before 2 pay the tons of hours needed for it 3 you will be kicked of every place you put your narcissistic evil around.

Any maker redoes 3 times a tie because the motives printed on the fabric that are already aligned as a tie must be done, doesn´t fits your mental illness random rituals and want a tie as computer made, instead of a hand made or invent whatever ridiculous narcissistic excuse to return goods abussing people saying “communication should be better” in August after 60 emails with paranoid crap or “ I delayed too much ( a few days) giving a returning address". Do you believe the crew are SEARS with deparment of returning and blow jobs to degenerates? Your deep anxiety and everything is so pathological that is complete odd.

Post here the pics of crazy aligment you asked out of reality, so the guys can know what kind of mental are you.

A degenerate psychopath who doesn´t pays the difference after getting the most expensive fabrics around but the seller makes a mistake giving you the normal price for them, while other customers, true GENTLEMEN paid that same difference with pleasure, since you love taking advantage of other people mistakes as psychopaths does. Specially on garments for TRUE GENTLEMEN, what you will never be but a low rat.

The only thing for real is you need a psyquiatrician asap, you are so thick for psychologist, you even deny things yourself wrote, this fact can be a psychopath who is used to lie compulsively and is after unable to remember their bs or a psychotic who lost contact with the reality. In your case I bid you are both.

Send 60 emails to Kiton asking for this shite on ties. You won´t ever get a simple answer so better you concentrate on the affiliates of the other unforum, those are as tacky as you, as ignorant in most of the cases as you, and they sell the igent made in china crap you love.

Or better go to a Nike shop and buy a complete wardrobe, stay away of tailoring, you use it as almost all this weirdos to try to put a social shield and show you as “superior” being, while you know already you are the contrary, a mad who needs therapy as that foo idiot with a 911 and gold timepieces but deep defective badspoke while he should deliver rice three delices on a motorbike instead.

Do therapy!

Go to a chinesse 1 euro shop and buy all those “perfect” machine made polyester ties. And the next day, come to return them saying the polyester was too hairy for your hemorroids!

Your raving post speaks for itself: in any other forum it would be deleted and you would be banned, but here the moderators are likeminded and enjoy when people insult each other.

What you say of me and other people are you yourself: namely the most striking example of a mentally disturbed person.

You have a clearly schizophrenic personally, like Dr Jeckill and Mr Hide: as long as it goes well and you see the chance to make money, you manage to be kind and polite, as soon as an issue comes, you reveal your real face and character. I should have been warned by your posts full of hatred, but I wanted to trust you: how fool from my side. Fortunately I was prudent enough to make the transaction through PayPal, otherwise I would be scammed.

By the way, you judge and despise reputed and established tailors: with which authority, since you are not able to accomplish a work without others' support? You call yourself a tailor, but certainlly you're none, you're just an impostor.

You're just a troll and a scammer.

Just one thing I acknowledge to you: you chose the perfect avatar, you're really a lumpen, the lowest one.

florisgreen

I no longer want to post here, I see no sense.

I will miss the few real gentlemen here, who, even though in a diversity of opinions, always discuss with respect and real interest. I surely won't miss the many, who are full of themselves and only like to affirm their point of view over the other's one.

And I won't come back under another account and with another avatar, like some psychopath.

Good luck to everyone.

Rambo

Supporter
Your raving post speaks for itself: in any other forum it would be deleted and you would be banned, but here the moderators are likeminded and enjoy when people insult each other.
No we don’t you giant baby. Everyone here knows Lumpen is a complete and total lunatic. We delete his posts every single day. The only reason these posts are up is he’s describing, in his own insane way, an actual transaction with you. Which, I will note, you have yet to even address in a tangible way.

Thruth

Supporter

I will miss the few real gentlemen here, who, even though in a diversity of opinions, always discuss with respect and real interest. I surely won't miss the many, who are full of themselves and only like to affirm their point of view over the other's one.

And I won't come back under another account and with another avatar, like some psychopath.

Good luck to everyone.
Bye bye, don’t let the door hit you in your big fat clown coloured ass when you leave. Even Sarto who is fucking crazy has identified you as a whiny cunt. Go make yourself feel better by bulk buying more scarves. You won’t be missed.

Sauce

What you say of me and other people are you yourself: namely the most striking example of a mentally disturbed person.

You have a clearly schizophrenic personally, like Dr Jeckill and Mr Hide: as long as it goes well and you see the chance to make money, you manage to be kind and polite, as soon as an issue comes, you reveal your real face and character. I should have been warned by your posts full of hatred, but I wanted to trust you: how fool from my side. Fortunately I was prudent enough to make the transaction through PayPal, otherwise I would be scammed.

By the way, you judge and despise reputed and established tailors: with which authority, since you are not able to accomplish a work without others' support? You call yourself a tailor, but certainlly you're none, you're just an impostor.

You're just a troll and a scammer.

Just one thing I acknowledge to you: you chose the perfect avatar, you're really a lumpen, the lowest one.
Whoa. I feel I must defend my tie maker here. I have a few ties by Lumpen and their all great. I have a few more being made by him now. Lumpen is the cutter and the cloths are made up by someone with many years at the top of her game. I should think most artisan makers have a team on various scales, in various garment making workshops.

My payments have been through Paypal, at the request of the maker. This was his prefered way of transaction. I asked.

I was unsure about having 7 folds done in wool with regard to thickness and knotting. I asked for advice, took the advice and am very happy with the resulting product. Infact communication has been above and beyond in general.

I'm also happy with the time scale to recieve the products. I have experience with ties, shirts and pants being ordered from Italian made by artisans and understand this is a longer time scale than ordering from Mr. Porter. I also know that August is a none starter for expecting anything to happen in the clothing industry in Italy.

Regardless of what anyone here thinks of Lumpens posts the ties and service are faultless. Price is simply unbeatable. Off the scale bang for the buck.

Further; if I order something MTO in a cloth, anything, and when I recieve the item I don't like it I would never demand my money simply because I didn't like the cloth. Not when I've been sent pictures and not been promted in anyway to make my choice. And if I was the maker I would refuse the refund. I think that says it all about who is the bigger man is this whole affair. FG has been hard to deal with on a clothing forum, one can only imagen what a nightmare he must be to deal with in a trade transaction. Pattern matching on the back of a tie? Come on, ffs.

Sauce

Good luck to everyone.
Yeah, it was everyone else who was mental. You're quite sane aren't you.

Rambo

Supporter
Yeah, it was everyone else who was mental. You're quite sane aren't you.
I'm still upset I never got an answer to the pants thing. Its been burrowing in my mind like that worm Kahn used to kill in Star Trek 2.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
florisgreen florisgreen was a big daddy of the sox, and now we only have a one or two left here. Sock daddies are hard to come by, they don't grow on trees. It is not as if you can pluck them out of thin air; sock daddies take years of honing their skills and experience to climb to the top of the ladder. You either have sox in your blood or you haven't. I never had sox in my blood, but l am working diligently to become more advanced in this area.

Sauce

florisgreen florisgreen was a big daddy of the sox, and now we only have a one or two left here. Sock daddies are hard to come by, they don't grow on trees. It is not as if you can pluck them out of thin air; sock daddies take years of honing their skills and experience to climb to the top of the ladder. You either have sox in your blood or you haven't. I never had sox in my blood, but l am working diligently to become more advanced in this area.
This is true. Anyone who hangs onto a pair of ten year old socks who hasn't worn them for years as a testiment to that makers quality is a rare breed for sure. Rare as fuck infact.

Sauce

I'm still upset I never got an answer to the pants thing. Its been burrowing in my mind like that worm Kahn used to kill in Star Trek 2.
That was kinda his thing wasn't it? Write something inane and never explain himself when asked, he never replied to being asked if he had any shirts by the makers he kept bigging up. He couldn't concede a point when any normal person would. He'd just leave the subject and move onto a fresh inane post. Even changing a colours name than have to concede a point. For all his big up of Santillo he'll never buy a shirt by them. Its like he wanted to be King Daddy of the forum and then turned that on its head when he got called out. Hence the..."You are just unable to accept that people have opinions different from yours and from the leading sartorial culture here," comment.

Fucking idiot really.

prince nez

Supporter
I should post some pics of my Scott-Nichol fair isle socks - not sure if they qualify me as a "sock daddy" but I'm very impressed with the quality. Then again, T The Ernesto and fxh fxh are also my socks, so perhaps that lowers my batting average somewhat.

Top Bottom