Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Pimpernel Smith

Hello all, not sure if this is the right place but here we go anyway. I'm just went in for a penultimate fitting. This is what it looks like thus far. I feel like it's somewhat off so any feedback is welcome. The back is getting cleaned up and the trouser length is also getting adjusted. Buttoning point also seems too low? Thanks!
There may be issues with the camera exaggerating the cloth waves, but overall it all looks rather tame and off-the-peg.

If you're getting bespoke, you need to go all the way, and it needs to stand out as something above the herd and ordinary in terms of cloth, silhouette and fitting. It needs to be dynamic. If you want to blend, you don't need, or want bespoke.

Do post once it's finished and in a more flattering way. I do know how difficult it is to take photos that capture the essence. Most of the time I try and post in The What Are You Wearing on here, I give up as the phone camera is off-colour, or accentuates some attribute that is hardly noticeable to the human eye.

3,700+ pics like this, with all the right iGent hashtags. I felt sorta bad about making fun of the small-town #prepstyle guy in his cowboy boots because he seemed like a nice enough chap. But this is sheer mental illness:

Thankfully, I don't have an Instagram account, so 30 photos it froze asking me to login.

As you state, something a bit barmy going on there.

Otto

Screen+Shot+2020-02-26+at+12.30.30.png

Found this on an unrelated internet image search. I like the look, but take the tags off of your jacket, guy. :facepalm:

Pimpernel Smith

+1

Though I still think the vast majority of clients are kinda sad and pathetic (which gets to Pimpy’s point, I think).
It's cultural. In Brazil it's normal, accepted and boasted about about amongst your colleagues that you visit termos's for whores of distinction. Even at senior management and directorship level. That kind of boast would/will end your career in the UK.

Sauce

My mate was on the Cook Report for shipping whores to Amsterdam from the UK. Hes been inside a couple of times for pimping. Lovely lad, you wouldnt think he is the type if you met him. Not seen him for 20 years now, last time in the middle of the city center in Leicester on the main drag. He pulled over in his BMW, we had a long chat and then he offered me a freebie at his parlour. Ladybirds it was called. What a guy.

~I should add I did not take the offer up. Never paid for it nor accepted it as a gift. Just not for me.

Last edited:

Pimpernel Smith

My mate was on the Cook Report for shipping whores to Amsterdam from the UK. Hes been inside a couple of times for pimping. Lovely lad, you wouldnt think he is the type if you met him. Not seen him for 20 years now, last time in the middle of the city center in Leicester on the main drag. He pulled over in his BMW, we had a long chat and then he offered me a freebie at his parlour. Ladybirds it was called. What a guy.

~I should add I did not take the offer up. Never paid for it nor accepted it as a gift. Just not for me.
Prostitution in the UK tends to be unbearably seedy. A couple of reasons: the illegality of it and streets flooded with heroin. The Demask fetish shop in Amsterdam has sizes that cater for the heroin chic red light worker and nothing else.

Before I went to Rio, I had a very rigid and middle class English perspective on prostitution. And with good reason.

Ultimately, my conclusion was you cannot deny the earning capacity to non-connected and not that well educated ladies who can earn life changing money that can set them and their families up for life in a country with no safety net. As an example, at the time, a secretary in a good company would earn 60 Real a month. A lady working in Help would earn that with one punter a night, likely more, catering to the expats and western holiday crowd. And the good thing about Brazil is that there was zero tolerance of under age prostitution and little evidence of pimping.

Those ladies were entrepreneurs often supporting extended families and good luck to them and I respected them as they were doing what they needed to do to get ahead.

QuandoDio

Sex is a commodity and the puritanical Anglo attitude to it is outdated.

I have no qualms with people paying for sex provided the transaction is fair and the sex worker is not under duress (from obvious life's strangleholds). I would never pay for sex but ask me that in a few decades.

We all pay for sex one way or another anyway.

Top Bottom