Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

well, thanks, not sure, why it is just for me, though?

actually, I never approve of captoe derby boots w/o brogueing hence my disdain for the igents favorite EG galway. actually, EG have a few more quirks randomely hence my nickname for them: AE for the rich.
Because you, and I guess The Shooman The Shooman , are the shoe guys, and those shoes are awful.

Left without comment:
79A8ACD7-2DE6-4B99-8780-B4E00EF64C71.png
09CBCCD4-063C-4888-91F3-9BBCADCEDF19.png
9BDC872F-FC75-4E75-98AC-42639C2457ED.jpeg
11D7DDA2-0814-48A9-88AF-CE4A59FD1300.png
1C35A2D7-92A7-4DB3-A004-05E18CB34E6A.png
415D800C-776E-4B4F-8EEC-6084A6431D23.png

Pauly Chase Pauly Chase please tell us more.

Why were the buys horrible?
Why were there so many unsatisfied customers?

I remember there were several group buys that resulted in in incorrect sizing, products not matching expectations, and just horrible material combinations. As a result, the SF market place was flooded and IIRC, several people lost quite bit of money in the process.

I remember there were several group buys that resulted in in incorrect sizing, products not matching expectations, and just horrible material combinations. As a result, the SF market place was flooded and IIRC, several people lost quite bit of money in the process.

Yeah, inconsistency in rtw sizing was always an issue with Vass. None-the-less I was always able to remedy the problem by adding an additional sock liner to various pairs or wear a thicker sock to optimize the fit on my foot.

Pauly Chase said:
and just horrible material combinations

Yes....and it is very telling. Some people don't really know their own style or know what they really want because they are new to the world of style. When a man chooses to special order and do MTM/bespoke he really needs to know what he wants and how to make the item work in his wardrobe. A man needs to reach a point where he loves every single clothing/shoe item in his wardrobe and wears it confidently, ie, things need to be well chosen to reflect who you are. Many men are at the beginning stages of putting together a look and are bound to make mistakes. It takes a while for one to work out his style.

It can take years to perfect the visualization skills where one can pick an item and know exactly how it is going to work within the numerous wardrobe combinations. When a man reaches that point he no longer has to worry about making costly mistakes, and he doesn't need to buy many things.

Last edited:
... those shoes are awful.

well, while the design(s) are outlandish and/or goofy. the shoes themselves look well made. nothing to complain for RTW in this price range, no.

fwiw, a lot of of igent choices are awful for the multiple damage in their wallet, go figure, nvm.

edit: InstaHate InstaHate , just in comparison of quality. the new venture of former vass proxy/ambassador/brownnoser www.sonsofhenrey.com

Last edited:
If I hold shoes in my hand, I can typically tell you if they are high, medium, or low quality, but I probably couldn’t elaborate more on that. Online, my ability is even more limited. This all being said, I am equally concerned with design as I am construction quality and was referring to design when I described those shoes as awful.

If I hold shoes in my hand, I can typically tell you if they are high, medium, or low quality, but I probably couldn’t elaborate more on that. Online, my ability is even more limited. This all being said, I am equally concerned with design as I am construction quality and was referring to design when I described those shoes as awful.

sure, I got that, no worries. of course, one cannot be totally sure about the assessment based on online pictures, but you get a grip for certain features, anyway. chapter closed until the next supergau ..., hehe

I never approve of captoe derby boots w/o brogueing hence my disdain for the igents favorite EG galway.
So always some brogueing only on the boot cap? Or on the sides and back too?
I guess defacto is no brogueing, but I can see how it would ad something visually.

Who cares?
It’s Steve Carrell innit? The most desperately unfunny man in Hollywood. And there’s a lot of competition for that spot. How he’s managed to parlay whatever minimal talent he has into the career he has will remain a huge mystery to me.

WTF: If you want _very_ personal and intimate service and prefer a classic Neapolitan look , I would always recommend Pino.

I can forgive Mr Perfect Pants Ambrosia anything after his drunken rants on SF about Foo and calling him an Oval Headed Dwarf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom