Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

I don’t mind people who are working from home for the first time wearing some sort of biz caz getup to get them in in the right frame of mind, but some of these wankers are getting right on my tits posting pictures in full business formal to sit with their laptop all day at the kitchen table. There was always more than a hint of cosplay about these fuckers but a lot of them are right out of the closet with it now.
One of the usual suspects walked his dog this week in a full suit and bow tie FFS!

I don’t mind people who are working from home for the first time wearing some sort of biz caz getup to get them in in the right frame of mind, but some of these wankers are getting right on my tits posting pictures in full business formal to sit with their laptop all day at the kitchen table. There was always more than a hint of cosplay about these fuckers but a lot of them are right out of the closet with it now.
One of the usual suspects walked his dog this week in a full suit and bow tie FFS!
OTOH I’m thinking of making a jacket a tie rule for my ZOOM meetings. Sick of scruffy fuckers in t shirts.

OTOH I’m thinking of making a jacket a tie rule for my ZOOM meetings. Sick of scruffy fuckers in t shirts.
My pub pals are having virtual pub sessions now ! Must be drinking beer during the meeting ! I do not bother with Zoom. Too many sh*tty conference calls when I was working:-

‘In common with many online businesses , Zoom harvests as much user data as possible - including name, physical address, email address, phone numbers, job information, computer or phone specs, IP address, “and information you upload, provide, or create while using the service”......
The software also boasts a charming feature called “attention tracking” which lets the host of a videocall track whether or not participants are paying sufficient attention. *
A privacy complaint in the US ..alleged that Zoom “intentionally designed its web conferencing service to bypass browser security settings and remotely enable a user’s web camera without the knowledge or consent of the user”. Happy virtual chatting!’

Yeah there’s nothing wrong with being presentable for video conferences. It’s even encouraged, but suit and bow-tie to walk the dog?

Any teleconferences I have are audio only, I have the camera taped over as I don’t trust the software just as kingstonian was saying.

What new kind of cosplay hell is this?

That's actually his proper work clothing - he's actually an electrician (or something similar) who works on large construction projects.

All of his suits, dinner suits and other clothing is for evening and weekends so he can wear a suit to church, the opera, restaurants and so on.

Maybe I've been watching too many blaxploitation films recently, but that outfit looks like it could've been taken from the dresser of the Village People.

What new kind of cosplay hell is this?

It is the attached notes that are the problem. When I worked on sites, decades ago, a possible issue was personal hygiene. You did not want to be too close in the hut to particular individuals. Your dress was basically random old clothes.

I await further developments in this story. Maybe along these lines :-
‘I was walking through the fifth floor and one of the plasterers complimented me on my weargustin shirt.’

‘The chore coat was really well received by the carpenters on second fixing.’

‘How do I look in this helmet? I think white washes me out.’

It is the attached notes that are the problem. When I worked on sites, decades ago, a possible issue was personal hygiene. You did not want to be too close in the hut to particular individuals. Your dress was basically random old clothes.

I await further developments in this story. Maybe along these lines :-
‘I was walking through the fifth floor and one of the plasterers complimented me on my weargustin shirt.’

‘The chore coat was really well received by the carpenters on second fixing.’

‘How do I look in this helmet? I think white washes me out.’

You might still get away with that look on some building sites, but not in engineering construction and the likes. You will be in your stiff fire retardant overalls, hard hats, goggles, ear protection and steel toe capped boots. You can still get away with the rugged contractor look in some fabrication shops.

You might still get away with that look on some building sites, but not in engineering construction and the likes. You will be in your stiff fire retardant overalls, hard hats, goggles, ear protection and steel toe capped boots. You can still get away with the rugged contractor look in some fabrication shops.
We only wore hard hats when it rained. They were not compulsory on building sites then.

I like Peter. Think that he looks good in his CM outfits and seem like a nice guy.
That said, it looks so strange to me, how you dress in job sites, machine shops and warehouses around the world. Look like a bunch of raged hobos. Here, we are all issued appropriate canvas clothing by the company.

I like Peter. Think that he looks good in his CM outfits and seem like a nice guy.
That said, it looks so strange to me, how you dress in job sites, machine shops and warehouses around the world. Look like a bunch of raged hobos. Here, we are all issued appropriate canvas clothing by the company.
‘Ragged-trousered philanthropists’ was not too far from the truth in describing the typical British building worker.

That said, it looks so strange to me, how you dress in job sites, machine shops and warehouses around the world.

My dad would always go to work in a button-up shirt, long trousers, nice shoes and sometimes a jacket (usually without a tie) and would then change into a pair of overalls and steel-capped shoes when he got to work. Then, when he finished, he'd change again and go home. The overalls were supplied by work and he kept a stock of undershirts and thicker socks in his locker at work to wear with the overalls.

‘Ragged-trousered philanthropists’ was not too far from the truth in describing the typical British building worker.

Well, that was 90 years ago!

Construction workers generally don't wear old suit trousers with bits of rope fastened around the trouser bottoms anymore.

Long time since I've heard reference to that book. Auf Wiedersehen, Pet captured that in the 1980s too, but after a couple of series it went rather lame.

On the engineering construction side of things, it was a different vibe, better conditions, more money, more Health & Safety conscious and in the good old days of working abroad the tax free, Rolex buying, holiday vibe of ''Brits on the piss!'' You could pay off your mortgage in a year working abroad.

My dad would always go to work in a button-up shirt, long trousers, nice shoes and sometimes a jacket (usually without a tie) and would then change into a pair of overalls and steel-capped shoes when he got to work. Then, when he finished, he'd change again and go home. The overalls were supplied by work and he kept a stock of undershirts and thicker socks in his locker at work to wear with the overalls.

All the old timers were smart cats, my grandfather would mow his lawn in tie. A clip-on one mind you for that activity.

They had a certain peacock attitude to demonstrate they weren't on ''The bones of your arse.'' Which was about the worse predicament you could be. Another phrase people use to ask then ''Are you working?''

Construction workers generally don't wear old suit trousers with bits of rope fastened around the trouser bottoms anymore.

Actually a 109 years ago now as ''Being the story of twelve months in Hell, told by one of the damned, and written down by Robert Tressell.''

Irishmen wore their old Sunday suits on building sites throughout the sixties and seventies. Then, as people stopped wearing suits, it became more ‘casual’ old clothing.

I don’t mind Zottolo at all. What little I know of him he seems ok. I thought he was some kind of Sparkie site or project manager.

wheni had my own semi trailer business as a young bloke I dressed in Levi 501s, which were a rarity, Levi shirts, windcheaters crew necked, R M Williams boots and leather jackets and oilskins. When I went out socially I wore suits or fashion gear.
My dad on the farm wore his old sports trousers and old tweed sports coats or carpenters bib and brace khaki overalls. He wore suits, ties and hat when he went out.
My son is a chippie now days and wears workwear , camel suede steel toe boots, cargo work shorts 6 months of year.

Long time since I've heard reference to that book. Auf Wiedersehen, Pet captured that in the 1980s too, but after a couple of series it went rather lame.

On the engineering construction side of things, it was a different vibe, better conditions, more money, more Health & Safety conscious and in the good old days of working abroad the tax free, Rolex buying, holiday vibe of ''Brits on the piss!'' You could pay off your mortgage in a year working abroad.

All the old timers were smart cats, my grandfather would mow his lawn in tie. A clip-on one mind you for that activity.

They had a certain peacock attitude to demonstrate they weren't on ''The bones of your arse.'' Which was about the worse predicament you could be. Another phrase people use to ask then ''Are you working?''

Actually a 109 years ago now as ''Being the story of twelve months in Hell, told by one of the damned, and written down by Robert Tressell.''

My maternal grandfather wouldn't leave the house without a tie, and thought denim was prison wear.

My maternal grandfather wouldn't leave the house without a tie, and thought denim was prison wear.

Indeed, and so it is. Vastly overrated sweaty material at best.

Remember this: Never cast a clout to May is out?

Another one people use to say, of all classes, but you will never here it now: I drive better after a few drinks.

What an almost coincidence. My grandfather was very maternal, okay gay, and left prison without a penny to even buy a tie, or a trick. But he liked the ass-less denims.

There's no real old timers left. They've gone over the hill of living memory. God bless them!

Yes, this bloke was not a touch on some of the old timers who last appeared in the late 80's or early 90's. I remember one old timer wore the 3 piece tweed suits with bowties and perfect shoes, even when it was hot. I remember a wealthy old timer in a perfect suit and alligator shoes in a park in Toorak. They were in bespoke. You don't see that perfect styling anymore. At least the old bloke l saw the other day made a good effort, but nothing on the true old time stylish men.

Yes, this bloke was not a touch on some of the old timers who last appeared in the late 80's or early 90's. I remember one old timer wore the 3 piece tweed suits with bowties and perfect shoes, even when it was hot. I remember a wealthy old timer in a perfect suit and alligator shoes in a park in Toorak. They were in bespoke. You don't see that perfect styling anymore. At least the old bloke l saw the other day made a good effort, but nothing on the true old time stylish men.

Old timers this side of the Atlantic never wore jeans or T-shirts, even for manual labour. Trousers and shirts made them hold themselves properly. Jeans have changed our body shape. Every one seems to be bandy-legged nowadays.

Old timers this side of the Atlantic never wore jeans or T-shirts, even for manual labour. Trousers and shirts made them hold themselves properly. Jeans have changed our body shape. Every one seems to be bandy-legged nowadays.

That look was imported from the States in the 1950s, only the rockers took to it.

C259519F-FFA7-44A3-BFB9-EDB5F376E90F.jpeg

I see. It’s all about the strange waistband on the trousers. Otherwise it does not seem too bad.

Associated trivia the Magnum bloke who plays the Brit is an American. I notice he is wearing Walter White boots though the type of Brit he is trying to imitate would probably have different footwear.

An early 2010 decade look for me. Been there done it and moved on.

I see. It’s all about the strange waistband on the trousers. Otherwise it does not seem too bad.

The Gurkha pants (or shorts?) are a silly trend, but for me it’s that big green shirt (pattern copied from the US military slant pocket tropical ripstop fatigue shirt of the mid 1960s) thrown over an ocbd.

His Instagram pics look like carbon copies of #menswear's favourite twats seen on any medium or at any Pitti show between 2010 and 2018. It's all there, grenadines, POW, suits with Barbour jackets, vests, 2 to 3 rolls. Fucking copycat cosplaying cunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom