Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

See Pauly Chase Pauly Chase ^ that’s an Ivy Style 3/2 jacket. It has three buttons but the lapel has been pressed down to the middle button making the top button invisible as it’s now on the back of the lapel, and showing the now vestigial top buttonhole in the bottom of the lapel.

Screenshot_20200530-105949_Instagram.jpg

^^^ Weird. Isn't that a sex doll? Or a Geisha? or a Geisha sex doll or a sex doll Geisha?

How peculiar.

Wei Koh on the current protests:

A052C504-A3AB-4044-9AD9-B7C5846B7C81.jpeg

Isn’t ‘self obsession and vulgar consumption’ the Rake’s motto?

Crompton's latest Italian adventure. 2,2k€ suit by a small sartoria in Puglia. While it's not free from faults not bad for one out-of-house fitting and they even manage to make his shoulders and behind look normal. Not good enough for the world leader obviously, loads of nitpicking about details while sucking up to Savile Row. Given a heavier cloth this guy could give some SR houses a serious run for their money. Unfortnately the standard cuts of these little shops often suck as they're usually too tight and too short, unless you can get communication right you're bound for desaster. Hate to admit it but Crompton's right in this case.
sartoria-cornacchia-puglia.jpg

cornacchia-suit-review-500x625.jpg

Crompton's latest Italian adventure. 2,2k€ suit by a small sartoria in Puglia. While it's not free from faults not bad for one out-of-house fitting and they even manage to make his shoulders and behind look normal. Not good enough for the world leader obviously, loads of nitpicking about details while sucking up to Savile Row. Given a heavier cloth this guy could give some SR houses a serious run for their money. Unfortnately the standard cuts of these little shops often suck as they're usually too tight and too short, unless you can get communication right you're bound for desaster. Hate to admit it but Crompton's right in this case.

why does he always go for that tight assed pant cut?

Fit of that suit is crap. He really could do better OTR. Despite it being by his standards a cheaper option at two grand I’d be furious lashing out that kind of dough and getting that as a result.
I used to deride Cromptons tailors for the way they always came up with such shit sloping shoulders. Isn’t the whole point of tailoring to disguise such defects? Then I saw his recent pic in a polo and I see what they’re up against. Christ almighty between his huge bald skull, milky white pearlescent skin, and precipitously sloping shoulders along with the smugness and entitled dull personality ... god must really hate him!

anyone paying more than 1k to 1.5k for a suit in Puglia is an idiot or a tourist or most likely BOTH.

How do you know he actually paid the full price?
I don’t. It’s more than likely he paid nothing or next to nothing. If I was really sad I would scroll through and see how many suits he’s had made for him. I think he said somewhere that he gives a lot of them away, and with bespoke costing approx 2 to 5 grand a suit I don’t believe he would be paying that amount out just for a review and then passing them on.

Anyway it’s been mentioned several times on here that you can’t buy style and for all his alleged wealth and accumulation of knowledge and status as a superstar influencer he never manages to rise above reasonably well dressed but dull, boring and unimaginative at his best.

How do you know he actually paid the full price?
Never said so, it's simply the price he quoted in the article. It's one of the shops mentioned on the VBC website and I suspect he has some sort of arrangement with them as he's visited others they list. He talks about visiting other tailors in the area and I suppose he means De Chiara in Bari.

anyone paying more than 1k to 1.5k for a suit in Puglia is an idiot or a tourist or most likely BOTH.
Still cheaper than Sciamat!

Never said so, it's simply the price he quoted in the article. It's one of the shops mentioned on the VBC website and I suspect he has some sort of arrangement with them as he's visited others they list. He talks about visiting other tailors in the area and I suppose he means De Chiara in Bari.

Still cheaper than Sciamat!

If I got a suit made for free, I wouldn't give it a negative review, no matter how bad it was. These so-called reviewers can never give an objective review. Being skint, 99% of my opinion of any product is cost benefit: what I paid for the damn thing, and was it worth it.

Anyway it’s been mentioned several times on here that you can’t buy style and for all his alleged wealth and accumulation of knowledge and status as a superstar influencer he never manages to rise above reasonably well dressed but dull, boring and unimaginative at his best.

That may be true, but with a little effort, some helpful posts from his friends and some creative writing he may be able to establish himself as an authority on menswear - an alternative to Flusser, or Boyer, or whoever. That could be quite a lucrative little number on its own. Who would challenge you once you have arrived? It’s very much the Emperors New Clothes line of work.

Trahseez are too short.

If I got a suit made for free, I wouldn't give it a negative review, no matter how bad it was. These so-called reviewers can never give an objective review. Being skint, 99% of my opinion of any product is cost benefit: what I paid for the damn thing, and was it worth it.

This is the whole point. He criticizes everything that is given him free to him to prove his 'impartiality'. He did it with Ambrosi when he offered to make him a par of trousers.

In fact the word 'offered' is used when he gets stuff for free.

This one is paid by VBC. It is mentioned on the first fitting post when it says that VBC is trying to help small tailors in Italy. Couldn't find the word 'collaboration. That is the other word to indicate his giveaways.

This is the whole point. He criticizes everything that is given him free to him to prove his 'impartiality'. He did it with Ambrosi when he offered to make him a par of trousers.

In fact the word 'offered' is used when he gets stuff for free.

This one is paid by VBC. It is mentioned on the first fitting post when it says that VBC is trying to help small tailors in Italy. Couldn't find the word 'collaboration. That is the other word to indicate his giveaways.

I see. Bit disingenuous of old Crompers to only mention "offered" en passant, in some antediluvian post. Oh well. We will survive because we care, you see.

Oh look, he has discovered wide, high waisted trousers like the rest of the enthusiasts. A cut he has previously dismissed. 180 in 3, 2, 1...

Simon included an apology to the tailor for his delay in reviewing the suit. If he did get it for free, I would hope and assume that he would have felt an obligation to cover it sooner.

Seeing a normal amount of mess and clutter in his bedroom kinda humanises him to me. I kinda imagined it would be full of bespoke artisanal boudoir pieces on display or some BS.

Seeing a normal amount of mess and clutter in his bedroom kinda humanises him to me. I kinda imagined it would be full of bespoke artisanal boudoir pieces on display or some BS.

He lives in London and not some country manor and unless he lives on Billionaire's row or equivalent, his house will not be big enough for even more excesses. In that other site, I recall seeing the poster, Vox sartorial's wardrobe. It was impressive. Then again he lives in Massachusetts and is top elite like doghouse doghouse and Thruth Thruth .

In comparison, SC is small potatoes.

I wonder if he's sucking up to Savile Row in the hope with the travel restrictions he can start getting freebies from them and ditch the Italians?

He's a spent force, just some English chap who dresses in Italian bespoke, but can't actually get there to get fitted.

It has been said here many a time but with SC's fucked up shoulders. Proper English structured tailoring suits him best. Not this poncey soft-tailored Italian stuff he seems to be strongly favour.

The folk at his level in London are living in quite small and cramped abodes. I noticed the Francois Truffaut film poster and the professional photographer standing on something reflected in it. The rest looked quite mundane and dull.

What's the incentive for any old SR shop to give him a freebie? If you want to go SR everyone knows where it is and a bit of google research will provide you with ample choices.

Well, Italy has just reopened its border for tourists. As much as I admire VBC's intentions here. Who flies down to Bari, rents a car to drive to Altamura and drops over 2k on a suit? Considering you'd have to stay for a few days I would expect prices more in Asshat's region otherwise you can go pretty much anywhere in Italy.

I doubt he still has this suit. Judging from his usual comments he seems to dicard the stuff he doesn't like rather quickly and who would blame him.

It's not exactly rocket science to find out where he lives and what he paid for his house.

What's the incentive for any old SR shop to give him a freebie? If you want to go SR everyone knows where it is and a bit of google research will provide you with ample choices.

That's why he's on a sticky wicket.

Well, Italy has just reopened its border for tourists. As much as I admire VBC's intentions here. Who flies down to Bari, rents a car to drive to Altamura and drops over 2k on a suit? Considering you'd have to stay for a few days I would expect prices more in Asshat's region otherwise you can go pretty much anywhere in Italy.

Not if you're coming back into the UK, he needs a 14 day quarantine. Also the costs of flights have gone up, in some cases significantly.

I doubt he still has this suit. Judging from his usual comments he seems to dicard the stuff he doesn't like rather quickly and who would blame him.

But his who whole mission is to promote bespoke stuff that lasts forever....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom