Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

20200723_202220.jpg

In what fucking universe is that a good look?

What sort of mental defect do you have to have to look in the mirror and think “yeah, this is cool, nailed it today!”

Fucking freak.

I have wondered if some of these instagram igents are blind and not wearing their glasses.

i used to think that ‘igent’ was a non-pejorative term just for fellas who were interested in at least semi classic tailored clothes and pursued their hobby on the internet.

Over time I noticed the term seeming to become more pejorative with a sneering, derisive element to how it was used.

Pictures like that are exactly why. Whether you’re a ‘normal civilian type’ with nothing more than a passing interest in clothing beyond looking clean and appropriate, or whether you indulge more deeply in the hobby with a commitment to pursuing or assembling a more stylish and classy wardrobe, you must surely look upon the plethora of pics like that with nothing but contempt and disdain.

If that’s what a working example of what an Igent is - fuck ‘em!

Yeah, I thought they were red ballet-style shoes at first. I'm not sure why he feels the need to take the photo before putting his shoes on.

Does he think these pictures will make people more/less likely to buy a jacket from him?

Not quite exclusive to this guy, but I’m growing very tired of #menswear influencers being looked to for questions on quality when their most experience comes from Spier & Mackay’s Neapolitan cut, as if that somehow makes it a better garment.

I like the color of the sweater. The sweater itself is horrible and the outfit awful. I also wouldn’t call it baby poop, I thought that usually refers to very light brown shoos typically worn with navy suits for some unfathomable reason. That would be one sick baby if the caca was that yellow. Looks like a mustard, golden, burnt yellow to me. I actually have a sweater that color 😀

T-shirts that are little heavier in the knit, like this one, are really nice to wear with jeans.
Too bad they fucked up the design on it though. Would have bought a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom