Energy/Power Generation News and Debate

This is an excellent summary. Most of this has been discussed for years, some things for decades. 100% climate kamikaze

"Eni - a major Italian oil company - is the lead contractor at Zubair.

Fatima was diagnosed with a type of blood and bone cancer called acute lymphoblastic leukaemia at 11 years old. Exposure to benzene - found in flared gases - can increase the risk of people developing this condition.

From her home we can see the flares blazing almost continuously. The nearest flares are just 1.6 miles (2.6km) from the family's front door."

Benzene? Gas is clean(er...than coal).

Another reversal of Merkel's legacy. Fukushima never happened.

"The land around and under Lützerath is rich in lignite - the dirtiest form of coal. The mine, a bleak and dull brown man-made canyon which stretches over 35 square kilometres, yields 25 million tonnes of the stuff every year.

The energy company RWE, which operates the mine, now owns the village. The residents are all gone, their houses abandoned. Only the protesters remain, squatting in the old brick buildings, watching the mine expand towards them."

Hope the former residents received some handsome pay outs...

"[T]iny nuclear reactors that produce only one-hundredth the electricity and can even be delivered on a truck.

Small but meaningful amounts of electricity — nearly enough to run a small campus, a hospital or a military complex..."

Nuclear power. Free energy forever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom