Everything Eyewear

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Looking back at this thread with some cringe.

The clip-on sunglasses never really worked - too hard to get on without getting a fingerprint on the lens.

mostly, I still wear these AOs I had made-up years ago:

2F6D2298-DEDF-42C2-AD74-F8363AB21684.jpeg

I might try some of these next time:

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Father’s Day gift. I thought it might be more retro 50s Ray Ban cool, but I’m getting more of a bogan/biker vibe here:

A0ECE464-5C4A-4550-BD2A-A4164E3F14F1.jpeg
9B9830A1-39ED-42BA-B041-2BC10AA1C852.jpeg

Last edited:

formby001

I quite like those bins that Johnny Depp wore in Fear and Loving...

Gonzo specs....

Cigarette holder optionale.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
These are not for you. Too narrow and they sit too high on your nose covering most of the eyebrows.
the width doesn't seem too bad but i think they could be a shade taller and cover more of the eyebrow.

Rambo

Supporter
in case anyone needs a cheap summer pair

Rambo

Supporter
Two mentions of Kent Wang? What are the odds?
well it is the new york times after all. pretty much the target market for his gear. supposedly he does make good accessories but ive never talked to anyone who owned more than his squares.

Pimpernel Smith

I quite like those bins that Johnny Depp wore in Fear and Loving...

Gonzo specs....

Cigarette holder optionale.
They're the 1970s Highway style, you must get them with a yellow tint. I had a pair in the mid-2000s for exactly the Hunter S. Thompson look. It helped that I was bald and degenerative too.

I'm in the market for another pair of Allyn Scura Legend's. Will have to order direct from the States, can't find them over here. Get green photochromic lenses in them.

Journeyman

Supporter
supposedly he does make good accessories but ive never talked to anyone who owned more than his squares.
I've got a couple of his knit ties and pocket squares, from years ago, and both products are good quality and have lasted very well.

He's certainly branched out since then - suits, watches, polo shirts, and various other things.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
well it is the new york times after all. pretty much the target market for his gear. supposedly he does make good accessories but ive never talked to anyone who owned more than his squares.
I went around to his student house in East Austin to buy an ocbd, before the squares, when he only sold three colors of the same shirt. I wore it to my wedding rehearsal dinner 12 years ago.

Actually... I had a couple of his polos that I bought with a gift card I bought from YOU.

Last edited:

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Supporter
He moved on from pocket squares then.

Sensible chap to have a plan B.
He's always done other accessories besides PS. Cuff links and shirts were an original product when he started too. He has sold ties, polos, suits and shoes for years. He also does sweaters, trench coats plus an array of other items.

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 7.29.56 AM.png

Rambo

Supporter
Is there anyone who makes custom sunglasses in the US (NY based would be nice)?
custom how? we talking prescription or are we talking you want one ear one color and another ear a different color type of thing?

ASSHAT

custom how? we talking prescription or are we talking you want one ear one color and another ear a different color type of thing?
i doubt he is talking about either. I assumed he meant custom frames in terms of size, shape, material and yes i guess the possibility of having ears different colors although im not sure why he or anyone would want that.

Last edited:

Rambo

Supporter
i doubt he is talking about either. I assumed he meant custom frames in terms of size, shape, material and yes i guess the possibility of having ears different colors although im not sure why he or anyone would want that.
i figured but you never know around this joint.
Custom as in size/shape/material/etc.
how about these?

i have no idea about any of these companies. just did a quick search and they popped up.

Journeyman

Supporter
When someone requests a suggestion for custom sunglasses on a clothing forum, I believe that it's compulsory for someone to suggest that you fly to Paris so you can pay a large amount of Euros to get a pair of sunglasses that make you look like a 1970s pimp. Then you'll discover that they need some adjusting and you won't be able to wear your inordinately expensive sunglasses until you return to Paris again.

ASSHAT

i figured but you never know around this joint.

how about these?

i have no idea about any of these companies. just did a quick search and they popped up.
Olo the bespokedudes eyewear, top research.

Kingstonian

When someone requests a suggestion for custom sunglasses on a clothing forum, I believe that it's compulsory for someone to suggest that you fly to Paris so you can pay a large amount of Euros to get a pair of sunglasses that make you look like a 1970s pimp. Then you'll discover that they need some adjusting and you won't be able to wear your inordinately expensive sunglasses until you return to Paris again.
Provided you go to a lunetier who works in an atelier there is some scope for stylistic variation.

You will still have to use genuine tortoiseshell and pay top dollar, of course.

Pauly Chase

Hip Dairy Farmer
Supporter
Has any one handled Rigards before? I want a pair but the price is very hefty and measurements are hard to locate.

Pimpernel Smith

Has any one handled Rigards before? I want a pair but the price is very hefty and measurements are hard to locate.
That's Steampunk territory. Sorry, I can't help you there.

But on a more disturbing front, just priced up my varifocals as I now need lenses for short and near sightedness and the price with green transitions are Euro 1,250.

Top Bottom