Famous People Who Died

Bill Pearl, one of the all-time greats of 20th century bodybuilding and a notable strongman, died on September 14 at age 91. He and his brother were very friendly and gracious when I visited their gym in Pasadena a few times back in the 1970s, even though I was a nobody in their world.
Good to see he got to his 90s. These strongmen often don't reach old age.

I read the media's obituary of her. Apparently she was no saint and was having an affair when the first book was published.

Still to die of cardiac arrest at age 49 is quite young. People die of coronary diseases in their 40s? I thought everyone was doing yoga, climbing Kilmanjaro, running marathons, cross fit or doing Peloton 5 times/week when you hit 40s. It's like born again Christianity.

I read the media's obituary of her. Apparently she was no saint and was having an affair when the first book was published.

Still to die of cardiac arrest at age 49 is quite young. People die of coronary diseases in their 40s? I thought everyone was doing yoga, climbing Kilmanjaro, running marathons, cross fit or doing Peloton 5 times/week, plus smoking, doing coke, drinking booze and 15 cups of coffee every day when you hit 40s. It's like born again Christianity.

Fixed!

The Rev. Dr. Ian T. Ker (1942-2022). Noted Catholic scholar, apologist and biographer of such eminent Catholic converts as John Henry Cardinal Newman and G.K. Chesterton. He was largely responsible for the canonization of Newman. He was also one of my closest friends. Just got word from his caregiver a few minutes ago.

The Rev. Dr. Ian T. Ker (1942-2022). Noted Catholic scholar, apologist and biographer of such eminent Catholic converts as John Henry Cardinal Newman and G.K. Chesterton. He was largely responsible for the canonization of Newman. He was also one of my closest friends. Just got word from his caregiver a few minutes ago.
I’m sorry for your loss, Jan.

Public Image Ltd and The Clash founding member Keith Levene has died at age 65. RIP

EA3DE6C7-D073-4720-B379-D17C396F2640.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom