Famous People Who Died

Lots of gratuitous use of ''infamous'' in that article. None of those Oi! type bands, other than the tragically co-opted Sham 69 achieved any kind of fame or chart success. Noted that Screwdriver did a Peel session! But other than that, they're non-entities and certainly not deserving of an obituary outside of local news. They're the definitive local dickhead.

Along with Sham 69 the neo-nazi skinheads did try to co-opt The Specials. One wonders at the mentality of that: a multi-racial band playing new wave ska.

Is there a good ending for any of New York’s governors?

He's another eminent virologist with a brilliant track record and career, that fell foul of the BBC journalist Fact Checkers because he didn't stick with the framed and endorsed narrative. His crime: stating that Covid 19 mostly likely escaped from the lab and was possibly the result of experiments to find a HIV vaccine, based on the now infamous cleavage site.

He's another eminent virologist with a brilliant track record and career, that fell foul of the BBC journalist Fact Checkers because he didn't stick with the framed and endorsed narrative. His crime: stating that Covid 19 mostly likely escaped from the lab and was possibly the result of experiments to find a HIV vaccine, based on the now infamous cleavage site.

And you base your opinion on what, exactly?

He fell into professional disrepute a decade ago when he embraced homeopathy and claimed he could cure autism with antibiotics. By the time SARS2 hit he was already a fringe dweller living on past achievements.

And you base your opinion on what, exactly?

He fell into professional disrepute a decade ago when he embraced homeopathy and claimed he could cure autism with antibiotics. By the time SARS2 hit he was already a fringe dweller living on past achievements.
There seems to be an indordinate amount of previously well grounded and sound virologists and academics gone rogue. I find that very intriguing. As individuals grounded in the hard sciences and the scientific method tend not to. So I do listen to them as likely having more gravitas than the opinions of the journalists at the BBC and Facebook Fact Checkers. I also recognize that science is an ongoing process and discussion, it is not, as was constantly Newspeaked to us over the last two years as ''decided'' and ''settled''. It isn't and never was.

I certainly have no issues with the possibility that the body can heal and protect itself - in some circumstances, that may be very limited - with certain herbs, minerals and vitamins. When you eat a healthy diet, isn't that what you're doing? If I had a terminal disease, I wouldn't be relying solely on something like CBD, but I would make certain choices above and beyond just the medically prescribed treatment. That seems self-evident to me. You wouldn't continue drinking 6 cans of proletariat lager with packets and packets of Doritos now, would you?

Two years plus down the line, what he was ridiculed and Fact Checked for, that the virus was likely from a lab is now pretty much the only credible game in town.

Two years plus down the line, what he was ridiculed and Fact Checked for, that the virus was likely from a lab is now pretty much the only credible game in town.
1644563932857.jpeg

Pimpy’s town

He was a great satirist, libertarian and conservative, the cancel culture would have come for him today. His essay How to Drive Fast on Drugs While Getting Your Wing-Wang Squeezed and Not Spill Your Drink, remains a classic of gonzo journalism. Now we have opinions, newspeak and official Fact Checked Trade Mark reality passing itself of as objective journalism.

He liked his G&T's and I know he had a brush with anal cancer quite awhile back. Looking at his face, he may have been a heavy tobacco user too.

He was a great satirist, libertarian and conservative, the cancel culture would have come for him today. His essay How to Drive Fast on Drugs While Getting Your Wing-Wang Squeezed and Not Spill Your Drink, remains a classic of gonzo journalism. Now we have opinions, newspeak and official Fact Checked Trade Mark reality passing itself of as objective journalism.

He liked his G&T's and I know he had a brush with anal cancer quite awhile back. Looking at his face, he may have been a heavy tobacco user too.
A wonderful writer. Had several of his books. Like Wolfe, he will be sorely missed.

Who's left to make sense of the shit...?

‘Liberals can’t take a joke and the Right can’t make one’. PJ could. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom