Famous People Who Died

86B5D20B-3A35-44E8-9D66-60DFEBF3F907.jpeg

Had the Edward Fox, who was also in the film version, talking book. Think I got that Christmas 1982.

That type of thriller I associate with my father's generation - they're like films in a book and easily read. Pre-Stephen King generation, never seen anyone of that generation with any of his books.

Had the Edward Fox, who was also in the film version, talking book. Think I got that Christmas 1982.

That type of thriller I associate with my father's generation - they're like films in a book and easily read. Pre-Stephen King generation, never seen anyone of that generation with any of his books.
In the same vein as Ludlum, Frederick Forsyth, Alistair MacLean, Ken Follett, Nelson DeMille, David Baldacci and others. They are entertaining easy reads that are very adaptable to the big screen. Did not think they were generation-specific.

Edward Fox was not in The Eagle Has Landed. He was in The Day of the Jackel. Frederick Forsyth wrote the book.

In the same vein as Ludlum, Frederick Forsyth, Alistair MacLean, Ken Follett, Nelson DeMille, David Baldacci and others. They are entertaining easy reads that are very adaptable to the big screen. Did not think they were generation-specific.

Edward Fox was not in The Eagle Has Landed. He was in The Day of the Jackel. Frederick Forsyth wrote the book.
You're right, I mixed Edward Fox up with Michael Caine, but for a working class actor, he does play a good toff at times.

There's a whole glut of them. I associate them with the late 70s and 80s, as you would see them all the book shelves of your mates fathers who read. There was a lot of Arthurian legend books at the same time.

hopefully pat is right behind her. he's looking pretty grim these days.

Always thought of him as a bit of a miserable sod, Minder only got good when the Arthur Daley comedy element took prime content:

Still...

It seems he made some bad investments and suffered from depression. For an aging synth-band turned rock band, he didn't look that bad to me. No cause of death yet.

It seems Astro from UB40 died from cancer and had a long fight against it. Still not leaked out which cancer he had.
Didn't realise he was so old! Thought he was in his late 20s when he made GF.
Recent photos of him don't look good. Overweight and his face very pale and pasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom