Good Articles That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads

Not quite sure how the Russian imperial and Bolshevik narrative completely fit in except for Prince Harry’s ancestry but this protestation is absurd.

“I don’t think we should be pointing the finger or blaming anybody… but certainly when it comes to parenting, if I’ve experienced some form of pain or suffering because of the pain or suffering that perhaps my father or my parents had suffered, I’m going to make sure I break that cycle so that I don’t pass it on, basically.”

Is Archie at this point in his life suffering and in pain? Last I checked he was fed a few times a day and was not in want of nappies. If the royal nannies fed him one less meal time because he is mixed race then I can understand.
I think the crux of the article is that people whom you seek advice from MAY NOT always have your best interests at heart. Especially true where the internet is concerned.

I mean, would you take clothing advice off some of the mischievous cu*ts on here? LOL.

Last edited:
I think the crux of the article is that people whom you seek advice from MAY NOT always have your best interests at heart. Especially true where the internet is concerned.

I mean, would you take clothing advice off some of the mischievous cu*ts on here? LOL.
good example except that Fwiffo Fwiffo does not contribute to and most likely does not even read the menswear-related posts. And it is not because he is a big daddy who knows all either.

I used to follow the menswear section on Styleforum. I learnt some of the canon law on dressing properly and stopped after that. I don't have enough money for bespoke or chasing perfection to the millimeter. I didn't have 5 children and give up either, but I dress better than more than half the people out there so I thought that was it. I look anachronistic now since I didn't grow facial hair, add a few tattoos and don plaid shirts.

I used to follow the menswear section on Styleforum. I learnt some of the canon law on dressing properly and stopped after that. I don't have enough money for bespoke or chasing perfection to the millimeter. I didn't have 5 children and give up either, but I dress better than more than half the people out there so I thought that was it. I look anachronistic now since I didn't grow facial hair, add a few tattoos and don plaid shirts.
The entire forum stipulates that you must be well turned out.

I was merely making the point that you have confirmed with your response. Children, facial hair and plaid shirts notwithstanding.

This is a tragedy...

This ties in with my own anecdotal experience of it: ''Lawyers examining the birth mothers' cases have focused on the period between 1945 and 1975.'' Before the mid to late 1970s it was still a social stigma, as was divorce, and I remember the family opposite my grandmother decided that the daughter's baby born outside of marriage would be raised by her parents as their own and the real mother as her sister. That was '76/77. By the early 80s under Thatcher, it had become socially acceptable and a way onto the property ladder via qualifying for council houses. So much for the evil Thatcher. It changed within 5 years.

We also do well to remember that in certain UK working class communities, they didn't get inside toilets until the mid 1970s. And I know someone who didn't get that until 1976.

Last edited:
^ I don't know what sort of university-educated scientists that grumpy old guy has been talking to, but all the ones I know are very well aware that you need to perform practical observations or experiments *before* you can form conclusions and then write up a paper that is then peer-reviewed.

And there's an enormous amount of valuable science that comes out of universities, particularly collaborations amongst researchers or research groups at different universities. CRISPR is a really great example. The two pioneers of the CRISPR gene-editing method won the 2020 Nobel Prize for Chemistry - that was a collaboration between two main scientists, one in the US at UC Berkeley and the other in Sweden at Umea University.

1622453560029.png

but all the ones I know are very well aware that you need to perform practical observations or experiments *before* you can form conclusions and then write up a paper that is then peer-reviewed.
If they had original and creative ideas they would agree with grumpy old guy. They would never even get the funding to start their work. That doesn’t mean 100% of current scientific research s useless but FOR SURE most of it is. 99% of published papers are read by no one except the peer reviewers and there have been hardly any life changing breakthroughs over the last decades (CRISPR may well be one) or even scientific advancement that are not ends in themselves (science for the purpose of science).

They're even attacking the scientific method for it's whiteness and as a product of our imperial past. All must go in the decolonisation of the curriculum.
Well, I've read that in some 'universities' they're attempting to decolonise maths. I'd like to know how they'd do that. I'd just like them to teach it properly.

You cannot treat the natural sciences as you would the humanities. The 20th century has shown us the dangers of subjecting science to political ideologies. Eugenics on the Right (It was also popular on the Left, especially amongst Fabians: Shaw, Wells, Lawerence, the Webbs, et al. It's something the Left like to keep quiet about) and Lysenkoism on the Left are at least 2 examples.

I think some people on this forum have an extremely poor grasp of the history of the 20th century.

As an aside, I believe organisations in Britain are now distancing themselves from the BLM movement, as they have finally read the small print.

"Today, Spain rejects categorically any talk of negotiation on the two cities, and insists that they have been Spanish for more than five centuries and that they are an integral part of the Spanish state."

Practise what you preach Spaniards and respect British sovereignty in Gibraltar and you might get others to respect your rights.

"The entrepreneur shows him CCTV images of the thieves and gives him all the information he has. Within a week the Mafia finds the culprits and severely tortures them, forcing them to return the stolen goods. The entrepreneur is present at the beating.

There is no evidence that the Mafia was in touch with the thieves, who were freelancers. So this is not a case of the Mafia offering protection against a danger they themselves created.
In one case, a bar decides to expand its business to sell pastry and hot food. Yet a few yards down the road another establishment also sells pastry, and the owner is worried about the competition. Again, the Mafia is called in to discuss matters."

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

"Mafia 'justice' and charity is a double-edged sword. If you accept it, you are bound to be asked for further, compromising favours. Yet it cannot be dismissed as purely bogus."

"Someday, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me."

"It is shocking that legitimate entrepreneurs, with high social and economic capital, have no qualms about turning to the Mafia for services the state should provide.

State-supplied justice is found wanting. It takes 527 days to obtain a first-instance judgment in a civil dispute in Italy, the longest such period in Europe."

"What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, this scum who ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by some chance an honest man like yourself made enemies they would become my enemies. And then, they would fear you."

So Trump believes the last election was the biggest fraud ever. Bibi has now come out and called their elections the biggest fraud in the history of democracies.

Bibi and Trump were BFFs. Now how does that go? Like Highlander, there can only be one. So which one will win out on getting rogered with a wire brush worse?

So Trump believes the last election was the biggest fraud ever. Bibi has now come out and called their elections the biggest fraud in the history of democracies.

Bibi and Trump were BFFs. Now how does that go? Like Highlander, there can only be one. So which one will win out on getting rogered with a wire brush worse?

this is just going to be the playbook for the hardliners and fascists from now on. it'll work here in 2024.

this is just going to be the playbook for the hardliners and fascists from now on. it'll work here in 2024.
it is sad. These fraud fantasies are just not believable yet they are so compelling to the base.

it is sad. These fraud fantasies are just not believable yet they are so compelling to the base.
Keiko Fujimori, one of the two candidates fighting vote by vote for the presidency of Peru, has alleged fraud and irregularities in the count of Sunday’s election as her rival, leftist teacher Pedro Castillo, widens a narrow lead.

An inter-American observer mission did not report any irregularities and said the ballot passed off correctly, complying with international standards.

With more than 97% of the official vote counted, the hard-left candidate Castillo holds a razor-thin lead of about 0.4% over his far-right opponent, an advantage of about 70,000 votes.

But at a late press conference on Monday, Fujimori, 46, claimed there had been a “series of irregularities which worry us and we think it’s important to highlight”.

She accused Castillo’s party, Perú Libre, of using a strategy to “distort and delay the results which reflect the popular will” by challenging ballot tallies that, she alleged, had favoured her party Fuerza Popular.

Keiko Fujimori, one of the two candidates fighting vote by vote for the presidency of Peru, has alleged fraud and irregularities in the count of Sunday’s election as her rival, leftist teacher Pedro Castillo, widens a narrow lead.

Fujimori is an appalling candidate.

It's highly likely that she's guilty of corruption (although, of course, she is certainly not alone in that, particularly amongst South American politicians). Her father is in prison for human rights abuses (including ordering two massacres) and corruption during his presidency, and one of her election promises is that she will pardon him if she is elected.

Some brief antithetical style essays by one of my favourite writers on matters of style, aesthetics and the like...

Very prolific writer.

Americans love classicism because it is part of their born again departure from their British roots. For them the late republic is some kind of Jerusalem on a hill ideal they aspire to although ironically the first amongst equals set up makes them more similar to the principate. In the same spirit that's why they started dropping the Norman parts of English opting for a more purist approach. Honor over honour. Some stuck. Some didn't.

I’m loling, roflmao etc at people who subscribe to reiki attunement, gathered in a healer’s home after a course in the alternative therapy of balancing chakras, clearing auras and transferring energy, getting all concerned about Qanon and weird theories.
its not really that surprising at all. once they go down the path of the "alternative way of thinking" they tend to get wrapped up into these other conspiracy theories. yoga leads to antivax, antivax leads to illuminati, illuminati leads to qanon, etc..

Whilst he is certainly right about Shapiro, I'd be mindful of referring to Andrew Neil as moderately intelligent given that Robinson himself would likely fare just as badly as Shapiro did if Neil were to interview him.
can't really argue with you on that point. NJR is just as annoying to listen to as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom