Hair

You can always wear a hat if you don;t like it
ChoSeunhHui580_31503a.jpg

Taper it up - no.1 at the bottom gradually going up to a few inches on top 2" minimum, more if your hair isn't too thick and wild curly.

That should work with your head shape as described.

My barber is on holiday so I have to deal with another week of long hair. The good thing is my psoriasis is clearing up so my trip to his chair won't be as embarrassing.

Looks like instead of a ticket pocket he has a comb pocket so he can run it through his luscious hair.
This does remind me to point out how much I love the wide-toothed comb for giving that rakish look. I have two combs, and the tooth width is ever-so-slightly wider one and it makes all the difference.

Also, NPR had a hilarious segment on white Harlem residents and their (IMHO justified) fear of using the local black barbers.

Last edited:
Is there seriously colored hair gel? I know there was that blue-tinged Brylcreem for the white-hair crowd.

Is there seriously colored hair gel? I know there was that blue-tinged Brylcreem for the white-hair crowd.

Yeah, blue, yellow, green, red, etc. All in neon colours. I don't think the colour shows when you put it in your hair though.

Yeah, blue, yellow, green, red, etc. All in neon colours. I don't think the colour shows when you put it in your hair though.

indeed. it just makes your hair look great. it's been big in holland since the 80's. the colours juat make us dutchies go crazy and we buy buy buy in bulk

Alls I know about this murray's stuff that it wears like a hardened vasoline and petroleum based. But it does the slicked to the side look pretty well!

Alls I know about this murray's stuff that it wears like a hardened vasoline and petroleum based. But it does the slicked to the side look pretty well!

I like to mix Murrays and Royal Crown, which is a little lighter. Lately I've actually been using a mix of Trumper pomade and Coronis oil.

For whatever reason, I decided to use Murray's Beeswax based on some bad advice on StyleForum. It took me forever and dishwashing liquid to get that out. I daresay, it didn't dignify my shedding hair either. I persisted for a month or so but ultimately gave it up. I don't know if it exasperated my thinning but it was definitely unpleasant cleaning out clumps of hair from the drain after every shampoo.

I use the cream silk groom from Kiehl's up top now and American Crew pomade to tame the sides. I can go two days without really doing much to the hair other than a few touch ups with the pomade after sleeping in bed. On weekdays, I'll use hairspray to set the hair before going out. On weekends, I just leave it as is.

I only use gel to control the back of my hair when it runs longer or sometimes the sides - say right before a 4 or 5 hour golf game. I try to avoid anything that results in crunchy hardened hair - not very good for the thinning.

I don't know if this is the right place to make such a confession (although I might have mentioned it here previously), but I don't use anything on my hair at all. Nothing. No shampoo, no conditioner, no "product". I've never used gel/mousse/pomade etc on my hair anyway, but a couple of years back I decided to give up using shampoo and conditioner. I noticed that my hair seemed to be getting greasy quite quickly, much more quickly than it used to. I hypothesized that perhaps the greasiness was a reaction to the natural oils being stripped out by the shampoo and so I decided to give up on it and to just wash my hair with warm water.

After about a week of greasiness, my hair settled down and now, although I usually rinse my hair every morning, it takes much longer to become greasy. It looks good, it feels good, it's much quicker to wash and I can use the money that I save on over-priced shampoo and conditioner to pay for frivolous clothing purchases!

So you're saying that spending $20 on shampoo every 5 month allow you to buy $400 every 6 months? That's a good APR.

Well, that part of my post was actually a joke.
The rest of it, however, was serious.

Do you not get aerobic exercise and sweat at all? Don't you want to be healthy?

Do you not get aerobic exercise and sweat at all? Don't you want to be healthy?

Sure, but when I sweat, I simply rinse my hair with warm water and I don't worry about shampoo and conditioner.

I use American crew pomade, it last 4 months usually. It's okay, the only thing is that if I leave even a tiny bit on my massive forehead, I will get a pimple. So whenever I apply, I clean my forehead afterward.

I don't know if this is the right place to make such a confession (although I might have mentioned it here previously), but I don't use anything on my hair at all. Nothing. No shampoo, no conditioner, no "product". I've never used gel/mousse/pomade etc on my hair anyway, but a couple of years back I decided to give up using shampoo and conditioner. I noticed that my hair seemed to be getting greasy quite quickly, much more quickly than it used to. I hypothesized that perhaps the greasiness was a reaction to the natural oils being stripped out by the shampoo and so I decided to give up on it and to just wash my hair with warm water.

After about a week of greasiness, my hair settled down and now, although I usually rinse my hair every morning, it takes much longer to become greasy. It looks good, it feels good, it's much quicker to wash and I can use the money that I save on over-priced shampoo and conditioner to pay for frivolous clothing purchases!

My wife was a hair stylist. She goes weeks without washing her hair. Well known in hair circles that most stylists do not wash their hair daily or even weekly for that matter based on the notion of stripping the oils.

I use no product. I merely ask my wife to cut it to the point where I automatically yell Oi, Oi, Oi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom