Introduce Yourself

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Supporter
Welcome Riva you are a fine tissue indeed so you must explain why you were banned from SF despite your innate qualities.

Walter

A true friend to the diplomats, posted a long way from home. Welcome Walter Walter
Gotta give walter von anal some credit for the blandness he’s been able to put into his swatch diffusion line. In no way current longines is reflecting the brands rich history and echoing the pretty nice designs they created in the 60’s, maybe even 70’s. Nevertheless there will always be an ignorant guy claiming that modern longines is a canny buy.

Pimpernel Smith

Gotta give walter von anal some credit for the blandness he’s been able to put into his swatch diffusion line. In no way current longines is reflecting the brands rich history and echoing the pretty nice designs they created in the 60’s, maybe even 70’s. Nevertheless there will always be an ignorant guy claiming that modern longines is a canny buy.
No anal credits are due, but I do know that's coming in abundance very shortly. And lots of pooping.

As you know Walter von Känel, was a given a brief to dominate the Swiss market sector in the range CHF 1,500-3,000. That was his mission and he achieved it with ruthless precision. That's why he's so well respected by other watchmakers and was able to be at the helm for over 30 years and the business for 51.

The Heritage range in every way pays it dues to the legacy of Longines and the modern tolerances mean you are getting much more precision and better quality watch e.g. the Longines Heritage Conquest in silver or black dials.

Of course, those adhering to the Archie Luxury school of horology, it's never going to be expensive enough for your sweet tastes.

Walter

No anal credits are due, but I do know that's coming in abundance very shortly. And lots of pooping.

As you know Walter von Känel, was a given a brief to dominate the Swiss market sector in the range CHF 1,500-3,000. That was his mission and he achieved it with ruthless precision. That's why he's so well respected by other watchmakers and was able to be at the helm for over 30 years and the business for 51.

The Heritage range in every way pays it dues to the legacy of Longines and the modern tolerances mean you are getting much more precision and better quality watch e.g. the Longines Heritage Conquest in silver or black dials.

Of course, those adhering to the Archie Luxury school of horology, it's never going to be expensive enough for your sweet tastes.
tl;dr

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Oh I guess it was the time when I called out an affiliate idol's child molester look. I was just being a gentleman by being totally honest.
Man, they only perma banned me for having mulitple logons, which I didn't even have.

Pimpernel Smith

Not to my knowledge
Not heard from poor Andy either. I've still got the ties he sent me, and I forwarded to his Dad my full collection of Shelby Foote's history of the Civil War Narrative Volumes 1 - 3. Then he promptly died. He got well lost on the human highway did Andy. Some men just can't recover after divorce it totally destroys them. And he was definitely one of them.

With Russell it was just an attempt at escaping the humdrum and mechanical boredom of the accountancy discipline. I think with his publishing connections through his missus he thought he could market a digital guerilla advertising strategy. I know for a fact that John Simons didn't remember him working for him first time around.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
I know for a fact that John Simons didn't remember him working for him first time around.
This doesn't surprise me.

I actually have the Shelby Foote Civil War history myself funny enough. Gave it to my Pap, and then got it back from my Grandma when he passed.

Pimpernel Smith

This doesn't surprise me.
It did surprise me at the time. I thought the history was a done a deal, the Saturday boy and the car crash. I'd even spoke to our man when he was in the shop doing his marketing spin over the phone. His injuries and disfigurement are real, but not to the extent that Chensvold hoped for gloating he was in a wheel chair.

When I finally visited the current incarnation of the Ivy Shop/John Simons, young Mr Simons told me about Russell's time working there ''So he say's...my father doesn't remember him.''

Unless you're William Buckley, Ivy League style is a young man's game. After your mid-40s it doesn't quite work.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
It did surprise me at the time. I thought the history was a done a deal, the Saturday boy and the car crash. I'd even spoke to our man when he was in the shop doing his marketing spin over the phone. His injuries and disfigurement are real, but not to the extent that Chensvold hoped for gloating he was in a wheel chair.

When I finally visited the current incarnation of the Ivy Shop/John Simons, young Mr Simons told me about Russell's time working there ''So he say's...my father doesn't remember him.''

Unless you're William Buckley, Ivy League style is a young man's game. After your mid-40s it doesn't quite work.
Just given his propensity to embellish and outright lie, I wouldn't be shocked.

Pimpernel Smith

Just given his propensity to embellish and outright lie, I wouldn't be shocked.
There was one thing he was dead right and truthful about: earning your treatment and effective pain relief in the NHS through demonstrating the ordained amount of suffering.

Top Bottom