Its The Economy, Stupid - Economic & Business News From Around The World

Fwiffo

Supporter
Champagne is a drink most people reserve for good times. And the good times should be definitely designated weekly, if not every night on good company.
Your assessment is contrary to the sales projections and therefore limited purchases of grapes by the prominent champagne houses.

Fwiffo

Supporter
But who or what is forcing us to work remotely?

I should have been in Sao Paulo, Richmond, Minneapolis, London, Munich for work by now. Unfortunately I am grounded so I can't spend at the lounges and hotels.

I have depleted this office's Starbucks coffee packets and moved on to green tea. Normally I'd be out getting a proper espresso but I was told I need to be safe and avoid contact unless necessary.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
But who or what is forcing us to work remotely?

I should have been in Sao Paulo, Richmond, Minneapolis, London, Munich for work by now. Unfortunately I am grounded so I can't spend at the lounges and hotels.

I have depleted this office's Starbucks coffee packets and moved on to green tea. Normally I'd be out getting a proper espresso but I was told I need to be safe and avoid contact unless necessary.
the article was just focusing on the effect not the cause.

Fwiffo

Supporter
the article was just focusing on the effect not the cause.

Been using that entire underground path since my days in uni and I couldn't afford the subway. I can walk across the street and snake inside 2 1/2km or 3 subway stops north without seeing the light of day. I know every sq. cm of the photographs there. But yeah my barber, watch repairman, and alterations lady are all suffering.

Fwiffo

Supporter

"Oracle and Walmart are expected to take significant stakes in the company, and ByteDance has agreed to security safeguards on the data of US users. TikTok's data would be stored by Oracle, which would have the right to inspect its source code.

However, Mr Trump did say the deal would provide new jobs and tax revenue for the country.

In their statement, Oracle and Walmart said TikTok Global would create more than 25,000 new jobs and pay more than $5bn (£3.8bn) in tax in the US."

New jobs? How? Because you inserted a layer of people to review what ByteDance did?

Also no idea how Wal-Mart is involved.

The President expects his commission.

Fwiffo

Supporter

"It's really a digital version of China's official currency, the yuan, and Mr Guo feels DCEP will become the dominant global currency."

They'll have to pry my money from my cold lifeless hands. Greenbacks forever.

Top Bottom