Labor News, Union News, Workplace Stories, & How The Working Man Continually Gets Fucked Over

What is the point of this? Pay equity?

For every function corporations can always find a sustainable market salary median and move people up or down to it. That would be the fixed price employment contract to perform that function.

There wouldn't be a need for individual merit increases. Unless you get promoted and take on substantial additional responsibilities you get compensated like everyone else at fixed price no matter how much you work or don't work.

Is that what people want?

"Yet not everyone is so blasé about moonlighting. Rishad Premji, the chairman of Indian tech and consulting firm Wipro, which recently fired 300 workers for taking second jobs with rival companies, spoke out strongly about moonlighting in the tech industry: 'This is cheating - plain and simple,' he tweeted."

Leakage of competitive secrets.

"My last day at Meta is in January and my H1-B visa [a non-immigrant visa that allows firms in the US to hire foreigners for up to six years] allows me to stay in the US for another 60 days, so early March is the deadline for me to find another job."

Or just over stay your visa like the other ethnicities.

"My last day at Meta is in January and my H1-B visa [a non-immigrant visa that allows firms in the US to hire foreigners for up to six years] allows me to stay in the US for another 60 days, so early March is the deadline for me to find another job."

Or just over stay your visa like the other ethnicities.
Boo fucking hoo. The only reason she was on an H1-B is that she works for cheap below what the would pay Americans if they wanted to pay Americans to do the job. Subcontracted out as a business whore by a contractor paid to recruit from backward lands.

I think I am more confused that Tesco actually makes clothing. Who buys grocery store brand clothing? M&S I get...

I think I am more confused that Tesco actually makes clothing. Who buys grocery store brand clothing? M&S I get...

I guess loads of people.

Often, stores like that have club cards and that gets people extra discounts. Sorta like Costco/BJ's here in the US.

Not everyone wears custom made suits/shoes every day.

"'We're in the UK, productivity is at an all-time low. You have people... saying to you, 'we are more productive with a remote first type set-up.' Why not trust them and see what happens as part of a great experiment?'"

All-time low?

I guess you never go to Superstore or Independent. Lots of people buy clothing there.

SEI_137674632_1671119532.621-4f0e.jpg

This looks like a well run nation.

"In one video, hundreds of workers could be seen gathering outside the factory, some of them shouting: 'Give us our money back!'

Boxes of antigen test kits could be seen strewn on the ground.

Some videos suggest later at night some protesters threw chairs, crates and traffic cones at a group of riot police deployed at the scene, forcing the officers to retreat.

'It is only right and proper that you need to pay money back if you owe others, this is the road of demanding unpaid salary,' captions on the videos read."

“Much of the debate is centered around ChatGPT’s conversational speaking style and coherent, topical response style, which makes it difficult to distinguish from human responses.

Experts who work in both artificial intelligence and education have acknowledged that bots like ChatGPT could be a detriment to education in the future. But in recent interviews with NBC News, some educators and experts they weren’t concerned — yet.”

Time to replace a few entitled white collar MBA graduates with the mighty AI

Britain hit by biggest day of strikes in a decade as pay disputes escalate

"The strikes will take a toll on already slowing economic growth. The United Kingdom is likely to be the only major economy to fall into recession this year, after recording one of the strongest growth rates among advanced economies last year, according to the International Monetary Fund (IMF)."

Strikes are not good for the economy. Keep working.

"US child labour rules bar employment of those under the age of 14. Teens ages 14 and 15 cannot work later than 7pm during the school year or past 9pm over the summer."

Good thing a lot of the work I did around and below those years was cash only.

230227-india-work-balance-mb-1003-74e756.jpg

Enforcing work life balance or controlling overtime pay?

"The new four-year contract includes 18% raises on date of signing, then 5% next year, 4% in 2025 and 4% in 2026."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom