Music Of The Moment

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Supporter
So I am driving home this evening, looking for some music of the moment across the Sirius stations. Nothing good on Ozzie's Boneyard or Lithium. I can't access Faction Punk and I'm pissed. Then, on Hair Nation, Hot Cherie by Hardline was starting. Cool. I remember it from 1992. I'm in Chapel Hill. Rocking a shoulder length flow. Not a mullet, then.

It was top 20 on Billboard. I'll lay odds that Rambo knows it. Neil Schonn on guitar and Teen Castronova on drums. Hardline was actually huge and record setting in the LA rock scene.

So why am I yammering about a 90's metal tune? There is a story.

Their version was a cover of Danny Spanos' version from 1984 which actually did better and hit #15 on Billboard. But it is a totally suckass version.

Spanos' version is actually a cover of Streetheart's original song. Their version is actually pretty fey and lame too.

I lived on a street in Winnipeg's Hell's Half Acre a couple of houses down from where Streetheart had rented a house. I'm in high school and they are in their 20's and 30's but they would let us hang. They were playing Hot Cherie live but would not record it until 1984. The are/were huge in Canada. Zip airplay in the US. The guitarist Paul and drummer Matt formed Loverboy. Spider, the bassist is as respected as Geddy Lee is but that is not widely known outside of Canada. He has also played with Red Ryder, Tom Cochrane (Life is a Highway #6 on Billboard, Kim Mitchell and he is in Loverboy right now. I moved back to Winnipeg in the late 90's and Spider, the bassist, lived down the block from me and we reconnected. He said they made decent bank on the royalties.

So is Hardline on the vintage metal scene.

So just a story about some music of the moment that I am directly linked to. Well, the government weed got me all creative feeling, so I guess that might be to blame. I'll probably go off and find some super trombone music for The Shooman. I remember from when I was a kid that Lawrence Welk always had super trombone players.

Oh, that reminds me. The other day I was surfing Sirius again and one of Rambo favourite songs was playing and I forgot to mention it. So I am mentioning it. Enjoy.

I've noticed that Lumpen has been slithering around again. I found something that will take him back to his coke fiend Charlie DJ rave before the banksters and murroquiens ass-raped him literally and figuratively with the top down, girls in the back, not a riot tire on Napoli to be smelled like cheap Orazio plastic fussing with armpit bags pinstriped odd jacket to wear with jeans because jajajajaja I am a hopeless twat fucking Tony Gaziano sewed the cap toe on my G&G's crooked and I am still studying psycholiololololo and proyecting tacky lumpen sodomites for diagnosis of diseases mental imbalances acquired partially or fully in the dark room of disease. Fucking masons poisoned my cats? Or murroquiens ate my cats? Skeletor glows in the dark. Jajajjajjajajja. Jajjjaja, I can just picture you up at your turntables dancing like like there was no tomorrow ecstasy pacifier in your mouth and up your ass. You miss Frankie don't you?

Hey The Shooman it was this cat Bob Havens that I remember as a kid. This is sweet.

Thruth

Supporter
.....by the way, I'm grooving to the Gat Brothers. Vocal sucks but I dig his guitar. You should check them out. They do some neat covers.

I think I've post this before, its pretty cool and the old cowboy grooving along is priceless.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
Hey The Shooman it was this cat Bob Havens that I remember as a kid. This is sweet.

I have always loved brass music so much, the sounds of brass grabs me so much like nothing else can compere.

I raise you this. This is a community amateur brass band, and few or none are professional musicians that l know of. They all have day jobs, yet the standard of this local community band surpasses many of the professional brass and perhaps all of the military bands in the world. In fact most professional brass players wouldn't be good enough to get into this local community band. From Yorkshire of course.

and even better is this:

Why are these amateur brass players often better than the professionals? Because they don't play everyday and aren't going through the motions like so many professionals do. Instead the top amateurs are more passionate because it is a hobby and they are excited to be playing.

Last edited:

Pimpernel Smith

So I am driving home this evening, looking for some music of the moment across the Sirius stations. Nothing good on Ozzie's Boneyard or Lithium. I can't access Faction Punk and I'm pissed. Then, on Hair Nation, Hot Cherie by Hardline was starting. Cool. I remember it from 1992. I'm in Chapel Hill. Rocking a shoulder length flow. Not a mullet, then.

It was top 20 on Billboard. I'll lay odds that Rambo knows it. Neil Schonn on guitar and Teen Castronova on drums. Hardline was actually huge and record setting in the LA rock scene.

Their version was a cover of Danny Spanos' version from 1984 which actually did better and hit #15 on Billboard. But it is a totally suckass version.

Spanos' version is actually a cover of Streetheart's original song. Their version is actually pretty fey and lame too.

I lived on a street in Winnipeg's Hell's Half Acre a couple of houses down from where Streetheart had rented a house. I'm in high school and they are in their 20's and 30's but they would let us hang. They were playing Hot Cherie live but would not record it until 1984. The are/were huge in Canada. Zip airplay in the US. The guitarist Paul and drummer Matt formed Loverboy. Spider, the bassist is as respected as Geddy Lee is but that is not widely known outside of Canada. He has also played with Red Ryder, Tom Cochrane (Life is a Highway #6 on Billboard, Kim Mitchell and he is in Loverboy right now. I moved back to Winnipeg in the late 90's and Spider, the bassist, lived down the block from me and we reconnected. He said they made decent bank on the royalties.

So is Hardline on the vintage metal scene.

So just a story about some music of the moment that I am directly linked to. Well, the government weed got me all creative feeling, so I guess that might be to blame. I'll probably go off and find some super trombone music for The Shooman. I remember from when I was a kid that Lawrence Welk always had super trombone players.

Oh, that reminds me. The other day I was surfing Sirius again and one of Rambo favourite songs was playing and I forgot to mention it. So I am mentioning it. Enjoy.

I've noticed that Lumpen has been slithering around again. I found something that will take him back to his coke fiend Charlie DJ rave before the banksters and murroquiens ass-raped him literally and figuratively with the top down, girls in the back, not a riot tire on Napoli to be smelled like cheap Orazio plastic fussing with armpit bags pinstriped odd jacket to wear with jeans because jajajajaja I am a hopeless twat fucking Tony Gaziano sewed the cap toe on my G&G's crooked and I am still studying psycholiololololo and proyecting tacky lumpen sodomites for diagnosis of diseases mental imbalances acquired partially or fully in the dark room of disease. Fucking masons poisoned my cats? Or murroquiens ate my cats? Skeletor glows in the dark. Jajajjajjajajja. Jajjjaja, I can just picture you up at your turntables dancing like like there was no tomorrow ecstasy pacifier in your mouth and up your ass. You miss Frankie don't you?

Talking about Frankie, I'm just playing Trevor Horn's three month in the making 13 and 1/2 minute masterpiece: Welcome to the Pleasuredrome.

Rambo

Fucked Walker In The Face
Supporter
It was top 20 on Billboard. I'll lay odds that @Rambo knows it. Neil Schonn on guitar and Teen Castronova on drums. Hardline was actually huge and record setting in the LA rock scene.

sounds familiar.

Fwiffo

Supporter

She is either looking better as she ages unlike Selena or Kelly Clarkson or she had some improvements made.

Pimpernel Smith

Deptford’s finest with a song that references The Sweeney.

Also mentions posing down the pub and looking slightly rough. So it’s appropriate for this forum.

Chris Difford's later solo stuff is well worth a listen, lyrically as sharp as ever and he has elevated his sobriety into something like a martial art of pop poetry.

These are interesting on The Who's new album:

Thruth

Supporter
I haven't liked anything by Cornershop since Brimful of Asha. This is kinda OK.

Kingstonian

Watched all four series of ‘Better Call Saul’.

I thought this was a fifties tune. It’s better than ‘These boots are made for walking’

Top Bottom