Music Of The Moment

I've been pleasantly surprised at how good Plant's recent stuff has been.

There seems to be a lot of top-notch music being created by bands and musicians that I had long written off as well passed their prime. They might not be selling the same amount of product, but great music still being created by The Waterboys, Joe Jackson, Paul McCartney, Paul Weller, Chris Difford, Roger Daltrey and even Simple Minds, et al. And dare I say it, Morrissey's last proper album before the covers is his most consistent solo album.

There seems to be a lot of top-notch music being created by bands and musicians that I had long written off as well passed their prime. They might not be selling the same amount of product, but great music still being created by The Waterboys, Joe Jackson, Paul McCartney, Paul Weller, Chris Difford, Roger Daltrey and even Simple Minds, et al. And dare I say it, Morrissey's last proper album before the covers is his most consistent solo album.
this is a sign of advanced age.

Fidelio next March at Covent Garden. Only ever seen it at the proms and it was a recital not a staged opera. Great two CD EMI version with Christa Ludwig and John Vickers. Just hope directors don’t ruin it with some modern interpretation.

Tom Drier, one of the great ragtime players, and the best l have ever heard. I have heard so many good musicians, but few truly great ones that have the x factor. Tom indeed has the X factor, he makes music of every note.

Super Mario Athlete's Rag Air Platform sight-read; Tom Brier
See this from 2:30 to end. All sight read.

Tom Brier, The Entertainer (his version...best version ever!!!)

Mario Party マリオパーティ "Faster Than All" sight-read by Tom Brier

Tom Brier -- Blue Lampshade (for fun)

This came on in a cafe while I was getting a sandwich so I started having a quiet whistle and sing along. Made me think, people don't whistle anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom