The Biden Presidency

formby002

If you can't see the context of character, nepotism and being an utter embarrassment to his father's professional and political position, not his father as a man, and lack of respect for that and US politics and on the image of the USA on the world stage - then once again, I can't help you with your moral deficit.

Shane MacGowan had bad teeth, Johnny Lydon too, even I had terrible teeth, but none of us three had the teeth of a crack head:

View attachment 41707

Nepotism should come with a price: you work harder than those who have earned it and then you will get the respect required.

All the emails and photos, not to mention videos, show that this is a character you might dig, but many of us would find an embarrassment and one who would bring shame on us if he was our son, living off our back. One might have words, or something a bit more serious.
If you are going to judge Biden and his family, you have to judge Trump and his by the same yardstick. If you don't, this will be pointed out to you and you will lose your argument straight away.

belinmad

If you can't see the context of character, nepotism and being an utter embarrassment to his father's professional and political position, not his father as a man, and lack of respect for that and US politics and on the image of the USA on the world stage - then once again, I can't help you with your moral deficit.
I am not saying Hunter is not a horrible character - I am pointing out the fact that you seem particularly oblivious to how comparable the Trump kids are

All the emails and photos, not to mention videos, show that this is a character you might dig,
I thought we were done with personal attacks? Please refrain from them, so we avoid further escalation, or kindly fuck off.

Pimpernel Smith

If you are going to judge Biden and his family, you have to judge Trump and his by the same yardstick. If you don't, this will be pointed out to you and you will lose your argument straight away.
I am not saying Hunter is not a horrible character - I am pointing out the fact that you seem particularly oblivious to how comparable the Trump kids are
I make no comparison between Trump's kids and Hunter. Whilst Trump had his kids as part of his political organisation, that falls under the expected ''I'm founding a political dynasty...'', a very American ambition, but Trump's kids are not comparable to Hunter as someone you wouldn't leave your kids with, or have on your board as anything other than a payola scheme.

belinmad

I would definitely not leave my kids or have on my board any of the Trump kids.
Please go read about them - you seem to have a pretty significant blind spot there.

Pimpernel Smith

I would definitely not leave my kids or have on my board any of the Trump kids.
Please go read about them - you seem to have a pretty significant blind spot there.
This is whataboutery...

Hunter is under an FBI probe, by his own admission there's an additional laptop that the Russian secret service have which they likely plan or planned to bribe him with.

The stuff on Trump's kids is all could have been/alleged/it was said/nearly was prosecuted/Trump offered his son up before Ivanka for jail, etc, etc. All from the MSM.

Until there's real evidence as was offered in Russia and Pissgate...

The only one we know for sure who sleeps with Russian hookers is Hunter Biden at $25,000 a night, that may or may not have been paid for from a joint bank account with his dad.

You couldn't make this shit up.

Especially so called liberals contorting themselves that it was all a bit of playful Class C narcotic recreational drug use with consenting adults. Yeah, right!

belinmad

This is whataboutery...

Hunter is under an FBI probe, by his own admission there's an additional laptop that the Russian secret service have which they likely plan or planned to bribe him with.

The stuff on Trump's kids is all could have been/alleged/it was said/nearly was prosecuted/Trump offered his son up before Ivanka for jail, etc, etc. All from the MSM.

Until there's real evidence as was offered in Russia and Pissgate...

The only one we know for sure who sleeps with Russian hookers is Hunter Biden at $25,000 a night, that may or may not have been paid for from a joint bank account with his dad.

You couldn't make this shit up.

Especially so called liberals contorting themselves that it was all a bit of playful Class C narcotic recreational drug use with consenting adults. Yeah, right!

It’s not whataboutism - I explicitly said already 3 or 4 times that Hunter is an unsavory character, I am not sure why you think I’m defending him.
Also I am not sure why you keep defending the Trump kids. Clearly you seem to be happy living in a parallel reality, and no number of links to actual news will change that.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter

Journeyman

Supporter
So much for those election promises...

Politics, as the old expression goes, is the art of compromise.

No compromising means that you probably won't get anything done. Sometimes, compromising means that you have to give up a policy you want, in order to achieve other stuff that you also want.

Fwiffo

Supporter

No compromising means that you probably won't get anything done. Sometimes, compromising means that you have to give up a policy you want, in order to achieve other stuff that you also want.

One must question how much compromise you need heading up the Executive, the Senate, and the House with majorities all across. If you can't make your mark and push through your agenda then you're in a world of hurt later when you lose the House or Senate and we all know bi-partisanship died in the 21st century.

For someone elected as "the other guy" and was rumoured to only sit a term and a half or even just a term because of his senior age, he is taking his jolly sweet time to create his legacy.

Pimpernel Smith

One must question how much compromise you need heading up the Executive, the Senate, and the House with majorities all across. If you can't make your mark and push through your agenda then you're in a world of hurt later when you lose the House or Senate and we all know bi-partisanship died in the 21st century.

For someone elected as "the other guy" and was rumoured to only sit a term and a half or even just a term because of his senior age, he is taking his jolly sweet time to create his legacy.
Does Biden even exist now in the news cycle? Very quiet. Certainly, here in Europe we had the full TDS inserted into disparate news items with nothing to do with US politics, but they had to get the dig in, now nothing. It's like the American presidency isn't that important in Europe.

The agenda is pretty barmy everywhere, except for China: unworkable and will deliver great fuel poverty to the working and middle classes.

They've made a decision to jump the gun before the viable alternatives to fossil fuels are in place.

Pre-industrial solutions, requiring pre-industrial populations.

Welcome to the build back...Americans need to lower their expectations. Exactly the same as Carter. He delivered the same message.

But where is Biden?

Last edited:

Rambo

Supporter

Why is it we always have to compromise backwards to meet our goals half way to half way of what they should have been in the first place?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Does Biden even exist now in the news cycle? Very quiet. Certainly, here in Europe we had the full TDS inserted into disparate news items with nothing to do with US politics, but they had to get the dig in, now nothing. It's like the American presidency isn't that important in Europe.

He just said he'll defend Taiwan from Chinese incursion.

He doesn't have those sexy headline grabbing GOP terms like fire and fury or shock and awe.

Fwiffo

Supporter

"When he won the Oval Office last year, President Joe Biden promised to govern by consensus and unite the country.

Since then, the country has watched him fail to bring together the disparate wings of his own party around ambitious tax and spending plans that would force the wealthy to shoulder more of the burden for social programs. And that was after abandoning any hope of getting a bipartisan agreement that would demonstrate Washington's ability to come together.

The shift from consensus to partisanship means that when Biden and his aides now mention compromise, they aren’t referring to bipartisanship. They’re talking only about the factions of their own party."

“No one got everything they wanted, including me, but that’s what compromise is. That’s consensus. And that’s what I ran on.”

...if compromise is consensus then doing nothing and be paralysed in stalemate is also consensus. We consent to do nothing.

Rambo

Supporter

"When he won the Oval Office last year, President Joe Biden promised to govern by consensus and unite the country.

Since then, the country has watched him fail to bring together the disparate wings of his own party around ambitious tax and spending plans that would force the wealthy to shoulder more of the burden for social programs. And that was after abandoning any hope of getting a bipartisan agreement that would demonstrate Washington's ability to come together.

The shift from consensus to partisanship means that when Biden and his aides now mention compromise, they aren’t referring to bipartisanship. They’re talking only about the factions of their own party."

“No one got everything they wanted, including me, but that’s what compromise is. That’s consensus. And that’s what I ran on.”

...if compromise is consensus then doing nothing and be paralysed in stalemate is also consensus. We consent to do nothing.
Which is the way the donors and corporations want it.

Journeyman

Supporter
The shift from consensus to partisanship means that when Biden and his aides now mention compromise, they aren’t referring to bipartisanship. They’re talking only about the factions of their own party

Bear in mind that I'm an outsider, watching this from thousands of kilometres away.

However, from what I see and read, it seems that the Republican party is basically unwilling to co-operate with anything that the Biden administration suggests, nor is it willing to compromise in any way. When you have an opposition like that, how is bipartisanship and compromise possible?

Fwiffo

Supporter

“The fact that China is trying to assert, understandably, a new role in the world as a world leader, not showing up? Come on,”

"We showed up,"

“And by showing up, we've had a profound impact on the way I think the rest of the world is looking at the United States and its leadership role.”

"Biden said the same was true of Russia, another U.S. adversary whose leader, Vladimir Putin, also skipped both summits."

When American exceptionalism is defined by just showing up...

belinmad

Fwiffo

Supporter
I don't know how but the George W Bush presidency is looking better and better by the day compared to the last 5 years.

QuandoDio

I have expressed this sentiment many a time in the past. We live in an era of poor to mediocre (and corrupt) leaders in the west.

With each passing week, Boris might be the most ineffective PM since Eden and the worst since well, ever ( though Cameron was poor). Canada, US, EU nations...piss poor leadership all round really for the past few years.

Pimpernel Smith

I have expressed this sentiment many a time in the past. We live in an era of poor to mediocre (and corrupt) leaders in the west.

With each passing week, Boris might be the most ineffective PM since Eden and the worst since well, ever ( though Cameron was poor). Canada, US, EU nations...piss poor leadership all round really for the past few years.
Matt Hancock's dodgy deals were well tolerated by Boris. That say's a lot.

Boris plays the class clown ticket to ultimate effect. A friend of mine had attended several meetings with him when he was London mayor and said he was shit-hot on his brief, but always had a whiff of port and cheese about him in the afternoon. So I always suspected, that his buffoonery was a bluff to hide his agile and superior mind.

But his Green soundbites, expose him as all huff, puff and hack journalism with a bit of copywriting thrown in. There's not really much substance there when the best you can come up with is hickory dickory dock level jingles to promote the Green/Build Back Better/Zero Carbon agenda.

With Biden it's clear he's too old and decrepit to deliver with a lot of baggage swept under the carpet.

Then you have cackling Kamala with her unique public persona that borders on the weird.

It all falls apart, better get ready for the jungle, as something wicked and I fear planned comes our way.

Top Bottom