The Computer Thread - Desktops, Laptops, Windows, Mac, & Linux

Someone bought me one of those Linux television boxes. My old work mate is Indian so there is no shortage of Punjabi, Hindi and even Urdu.

That said I don't have to search for streams for footy now.

Sent my Asus ROG 49-inch strix xg49 vq for repair, Asus is going to replace it with a Rog strix xg438q. Let's see how this goes.

The numbers seem indicate a downgrade unless the q means something else.

20220726_163952.jpg

Monitor arrived. Though the dimensions are smaller, the monitor is huge at 43 inches. This is definitely a gaming monitor. I am satisfied.

not that far, lol

Wtf my tv is 48” or 50” iirc

Back when 37" Aquos LCD was bleeding edge I recall there was an optimal sitting distance based on the resolution of the picture on the screen.

My personal experience is if I am less than 1 metre away from a massive screen my eyes start getting irritated from everything moving on screen at whatever hertz and probably in an ill configured torch mode brightness setting.

I finally upgraded to Windows 11. The first thing I did was move the start button back to the lower left hand corner.

When Satya Nadella took over Microsoft he said Windows 10 was likely the final standalone operating system running on a computer. Now we have Windows 11 which looks like Windows 10 with some more colourful icons.

I have this Dell Inspiron 5xxx series with a webcam that is so blurry I doubt it is even 360p. Anyway, I searched online and people told me to update drivers. Apparently that's not hitting Windows Update until it doesn't update anymore. There's a Dell Update which stopped automatically updating after my 'free' subscription expired. Still no luck. I have an external webcam that has some rudimentary tracking but it's still annoying this newer laptop is worse than my old work laptop.

The Dell Update is simply a subscription to download the same drivers you can download on their website but instead of clicking on every driver and following the prompts it seems to have automated it so you just wait for the progress bar to finish to install the 10 updates.

I have this Dell Inspiron 5xxx series with a webcam that is so blurry I doubt it is even 360p. Anyway, I searched online and people told me to update drivers. Apparently that's not hitting Windows Update until it doesn't update anymore. There's a Dell Update which stopped automatically updating after my 'free' subscription expired. Still no luck. I have an external webcam that has some rudimentary tracking but it's still annoying this newer laptop is worse than my old work laptop.

The Dell Update is simply a subscription to download the same drivers you can download on their website but instead of clicking on every driver and following the prompts it seems to have automated it so you just wait for the progress bar to finish to install the 10 updates.
By a new webcam or a new laptop and a new webcam.

By a new webcam or a new laptop and a new webcam.

The other webcam works. I used it with my work laptop when I had to do 10 sessions of online management training. But it just sucks I barely used this personal computer and it's broken already.

It was originally intended for me to go to France in 2021.

The other webcam works. I used it with my work laptop when I had to do 10 sessions of online management training. But it just sucks I barely used this personal computer and it's broken already.

It was originally intended for me to go to France in 2021.
Easiest fix is just to buy a Logitech webcam and be done with it.

Easiest fix is just to buy a Logitech webcam and be done with it.
I’ve been very happy with my stand alone Logitech cam during lockdown when half my life was spent on zoom etc. It’s so much better than the crappy laptop inbuilt cams etc. I got a proper green screen I hang off my bookshelves makes a million % improvement to looks. And I can change my background to look more professional or casual.

I think the difference is I'm in co-working spaces, a cafe, a canteen, on the train, in a hotel lobby. I don't have a permanent set up so lugging the camera with the little gyros around is not something ideal.

That said if I'm doing my next video conference it's either the iPad or the Chinese camera I bought.

I just figured out all the audio enhancing software in Windows and the drivers were killing the microphone input volumes of my Bluetooth headset on my personal laptop. Headsets worked great tethered to my mobile so I was always wondering what the culprit was.

Trying to find a free mail relay for my vanity e-mail that isn't blocked by major e-mail addresses (Gmail, Outlook, etc.).....:areyoukiddingme:

Hopefully fourth time is the charm.

Trying to find a free mail relay for my vanity e-mail that isn't blocked by major e-mail addresses (Gmail, Outlook, etc.).....:areyoukiddingme:

Hopefully fourth time is the charm.

Both HIGHLY recommended.

I just sent 4 scanned pages that was a PDF that was printed out and required physical stamps and signatures from a physician as 4 photographed JPG files. I'm told these files cannot be opened and I must submit a PDF. Isn't JPG more supported than PDF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom