The Football/Soccer Thread

Fwiffo

Supporter
Spurs at the top of the table. City mid table. West Ham in top 6. Very strange season.

Kingstonian

Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford at 1,2 and 3 in Championship table.

Very unusual for all relegated clubs to do so well.

Fwiffo

Supporter
And in the premiership, I am not surprised to see Fulham struggling and very surprised Lampard’s blues are at the top.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Zlatan vows to keep going

"I feel like I've been here different generations. I played against (former Milan defender) Paolo Maldini and now I'm playing with his son, Daniel. Hopefully I can play with Daniel's son also, that would be a miracle."

His recent positive test for Covid-19 was more of a "mental challenge" than physical, he said - he went on to front an information campaign in Italy asking people to respect social distancing and not to challenge the virus as "you are not Zlatan".

Fwiffo

Supporter
Would have thought Arsenal got back into the top 6 with all the positive press these past few days. They only reached mid table.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Fifth consecutive defeat for Liverpool at Anfield.

“The statistics surrounding Liverpool's slump are stacking around them like rubble as they suffered another defeat in this truly desperate Premier League title defence.

Jurgen Klopp's side have created unwanted history with those five defeats, they have not scored from open play in more than 10 hours at Anfield - a shocking run emphasised by the fact they only lost four matches here in the first five years and three months of the German's tenure.

Nothing summed up their current condition than the sight of the clearly infuriated and mystified Salah reacting in very discontented fashion after his substitution in the 62nd minute.

Liverpool will plead their case for that penalty but this cannot disguise yet another stale, limp Anfield display in the arena where they carried such a fear factor for years.”

Fwiffo

Supporter
All players retire eventually.

Portugal without the great Eusebio was possible.

Eventually. Or they are like Ibra and come out of retirement. I think it speaks more to the flash in the pan players coming up these days who are bigged up by the journos and don't last more than a few seasons because of injury, or they let it get to their head or they weren't that great begin with.

Fwiffo

Supporter
I don't have much hope but it's the first of two legs for Toronto FC and Club Leon. We're definitely not fielding our best XI.

Top Bottom