The Football/Soccer Thread

Fwiffo

Supporter
My former work mate was ridiculing the Gunners and saying how they will put West Ham‘s campaign back on track.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Pellegrini sacked at West Ham. All the expensive purchases aren't panning out. Where's the next Mark Noble?

Fwiffo

Supporter

"There are outward signs such as the micro-management, attempting to orchestrate moves and positions by use of animated gestures and arm-waving tic-tac, and the smart-casual touchline attire."

If only Wenger knew that losing the tie meant his squad's performance would improve.

Fwiffo

Supporter

“They are getting a very experienced Premier League manager," said Moyes.
"I think there's only two or three managers with a better Premier League win record. That's what I do, I win.

That’s why you were sacked at United, chosen one.

Fwiffo

Supporter

"Derby's victory was Wayne Rooney's first senior match since DC United's MLS play-off defeat by Toronto FC on 25 October."

"Rams manager Phillip Cocu had no hesitation putting 34-year-old Rooney straight into the starting XI and making him captain, citing his 'leadership' qualities."

Leadership isn't wearing the captain's arm band when you're down 5-1 in extra time and as lone striker you can't be bothered so you pull up on a run to chase a ball against a lone defender that your own back line cleared the ball towards.

Kingstonian

Brentford 3 QPR 1 in final league derby at Griffin Park between these two West London sides.

Early start and bus replacement on SW rail put me off going. Not sure if I will go to see them face Leicester in FA Cup either - another early start (and both teams will probably be full of reserves).

Last edited:

Fwiffo

Supporter

Fwiffo

Supporter
You mean the Premier League is now like Bundesliga, or Ligue 1 where only one team wins?

"The gulf is not only huge between Liverpool and United. In the Premier League context, it is huge between Liverpool and the rest of the Premier League."

Kingstonian

Brentford reserves 0 Leicester 1.

Not bad as Bees were not playing BMW ( Benrahma, Mbuemo, Watkins) up front.

Nottingham Forest on Tuesday night given greater priority.

Fwiffo

Supporter

There was never a winter break in the Premier League. That’s why it’s the Premier League. Klopp is only formalizing what so many other managers have not so discretely done in the past.

Kingstonian

Pompey v Arsenal in FA Cup.

I remember being at the same fixture in 1971 when Portsmouth were a distinctly average second division side. Nearly half a century ago!

I also remember Mike Trebilcock’s game for Everton v Sheffield Wednesday in the 66 final.

The days when the FA Cup was still a huge sporting occasion.

Fwiffo

Supporter
One of my mates in London is a West Ham supporter and he said he's going mental this season.

Really quite boring now that Liverpool is going to run away with the title.

Top Bottom