The Football/Soccer Thread

One more fixture today to get more sponsorship money and run more advertisements.

Penalty. Messi takes it and scores. Moves ahead for the golden boot.

All the bars are full here. Went down the street to the big multi level sports bar and the queue is so long it is blocking the liquor store. People gave up and went to the cafe in the supermarket downstairs to watch. Watching at home now with whisky.

Di Maria goal. The French need to do something. Mbappe can't exist on the left by himself.

I give the French manager credit. He has balls for so many substitutions in the first half.

How many times in the second half that they keep giving it to mbappe from the top left and he is intercepted or gives it away. It is not working from there.

How Giroud gets a yellow card in injury time when not playing...Mbappe taking shots like he can win it during injury time.

If it was Messi's world cup final - you're going to have to bleed for it because France just woke up.

Mbappe vs Messi. Final extra time is crazy. Everyone going for it

Messi wins the World Cup.

Mbappé (80'minutes pen, 81'minutes, 118'minutes pen)

This man will blossom in the next tournament. You have to dig pretty deep down when go down by two to come back.

Congrats to the argentinians in the forum.

(I think there is at least one of you)

Great match!

France was quiet until that 1st penalty kick. I was saying to myself, have they even had a shot on goal?

Fittingly it goes to PK's!

(And remember, Argentina lost to Saudi Arabia!)

Hearing American morning show commentators talk about the World Cup. Mbappe got a "point" then another "point".

Infantino will do anything to get the excitement of the final group games where all four countries still have a chance to advance on the final game depending on points, goal differential or in one case accumulated yellow cards.

Eliminating draws in the group stages looks like a countermeasure to expanding to so many countries. Playing for a draw was a tactic to be competitive in the final fixture but FIFA has to see that even in this year's participants some of them simply didn't have the spirit or tactics to fight back after being a goal down. Yes they were able to make more substitutions and bring a larger squad but when your country has one superstar player and the bench all play obscure leagues or only domestically in a league that isn't top five no amount of substitutions will help.

There isn't enough quality. God forbid your superstar is out like Senegal or injured like South Korea then you are basically sent out to be slaughtered like lambs.

North America is a massive geography. It's even bigger than Russia and if it isn't planned well you are spending 8 hours on the plane and airport time which would kill a team on a short rest period.

They could keep extending the bank holiday until everyone gets a chance.

Not a bad gig/salary!

He accidentally called it South Africa but what is the difference anyway with that much money.

This article is either an elaborate hoax or an embarrassing confession. Why would he be so mad to go to Kansas even if he was gifted a whole MLS franchise?

"Borussia Dortmund wonderkid Reyna was informed he would have a limited role at the World Cup shortly before the tournament began, and admitted in an Instagram post that he had let the decision impact his approach to the tournament and training, all-but confirming he was the player Berhalter had hinted he nearly sent home due to disciplinary issues. The player's mother admitted she contacted US Soccer in retaliation."

Isn't this what all mothers would do for their sons?

Gareth Bale, man of glass, retires. I guess that's why no one really cared about salary caps at LAFC when he joined half season and was not even a designated player.

This Juventus accounting scandal isn't good for my hometown club.

Yeah my hometown club signed a US men's national team keeper...oh wait, he was backup in all the fixtures at Qatar.

Yes. I know it is a pony league but the man didn’t just roll out of bed after a couple bottles of wine, a few whiffs of marijuana and warmed up with a pack of cigarettes to do this.

Protege versus teacher today.... Arsenal vs City and a chance for the teacher to leapfrog his protege.

Let the Arab money continue to flow into the premiership. Qataris bid to buy United.

Final pre season game for MLS. New season starts next week.

First fixture of the 17th season of my hometown football club in 7 1/2 hours. Can’t wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom