The Fragrance Thread & SOTD

fxh

OG Party Suit Wearer
Supporter
Ratings
what was the fragrance? are you moisturized?
Rambo - I can't smell any thing - on me - after a short while - so I have no idea what stuff smells like after a minute or two - so I have to rely on "experts" like Luca.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
I got a sample of Masculine Pluriel with the Lumiere Noir from MFK. Pretty damn good. Might have to get this too.

prince nez

Supporter
Ratings
Picked up some Natura fragrances from the factory today - apparently Brazil is the largest perfume market in the world. The company makes about 18m units per year but are unknown outside of Brazil (and can be hard to get even here) as they rely on an Avon-type direct selling method with only a couple of physical stores. It's also all-natural, sustainable, non-animal testing product as well. I was surprised to learn they bought Aesop last month.

Anyway, some of the men's stuff they had smelled like locker room deodorant but the Homem Madeira and Homem Especiarias were damn good - woody with vetiver and a bit of citrus as well. Very pleasant. For $40 a bottle I figured I can't really go wrong.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
My neimans finally got in the full line of MfK samples. It's been so long that I've lost track of what I liked. What do you guys recommend I sample?

Trying the oud silk mood today since that's the only one I remember really liking.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
My neimans finally got in the full line of MfK samples. It's been so long that I've lost track of what I liked. What do you guys recommend I sample?

Trying the oud silk mood today since that's the only one I remember really liking.
What are your general likes? I love MFK, I have basically three quarters of what he puts out. One thing about the house, is that everything has a commonality, it's all unmistakably MFK. Which is either good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
What are your general likes? I love MFK, I have basically three quarters of what he puts out. One thing about the house, is that everything has a commonality, it's all unmistakably MFK. Which is either good or bad depending on how you look at it.
I dislike florals and scents that make me smell like an unwashed cunt.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
I dislike florals and scents that make me smell like an unwashed cunt.
Noted.

Stay away from Baccarat Rouge then, you definitely won't like that. Smells like freshly washed cunt with rose.

I have been digging the Masculin Pluriel as an evening or cold dry weather scent. The Lumiere Noire Homme might be to your liking also, it's more a of a spring type scent, and you are in Fl so it's probably a pretty year round deal.

The Grand Soir is ok in small doses for me, very perfumy though. Just a very light amount when I use it. Petit Matin is basically every citrus scent ever. It's a good one, but not very unique.

The Amyris and APOM are good. I'll have to take a few sniffs of them to really remember their character. I think the Amyris is something you would definitely be into.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
Noted.

Stay away from Baccarat Rouge then, you definitely won't like that. Smells like freshly washed cunt with rose.

I have been digging the Masculin Pluriel as an evening or cold dry weather scent. The Lumiere Noire Homme might be to your liking also, it's more a of a spring type scent, and you are in Fl so it's probably a pretty year round deal.

The Grand Soir is ok in small doses for me, very perfumy though. Just a very light amount when I use it. Petit Matin is basically every citrus scent ever. It's a good one, but not very unique.

The Amyris and APOM are good. I'll have to take a few sniffs of them to really remember their character. I think the Amyris is something you would definitely be into.
this is great. how about the different ouds? the aqua universalis? i remember thinking the forte version was good but can't be sure.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
this is great. how about the different ouds? the aqua universalis? i remember thinking the forte version was good but can't be sure.
I honestly find all the Ouds remarkably similar. The opens are all different, but they end up in the same place. I'd just try them all if I were you. I like the original Oud the best. Silk or Cashmere the least, but they are still ok.

The Aqua Universalis is pretty good IIRC, I only took one hit off that one. Trying to remember what it was like.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
browsed through the saks fifth avenue today. louis vuitton has a new line of fragrances out and bond #9 has a bunch of new shit. the new sutton place fragrance is pretty hot. might have to do a split of that.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
doghouse doghouse MFDoom Tom Ford has a new private blend in the italian line called sole di positano. its supposed to be like the neroli portofino but with sandalwood in it. i don't care for it.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Ratings
Interesting. The Portofino was the least favorite of those summer Italians TF did. I don't think it was bad but it was pretty generic IIRC. Not sure how sandalwood fits in there though.

Lord Buckley

Ratings
Anyone tried the new Savoy Steam from Penhaligon's?

I'm interested, but likely will top up on the Bayolea and Sartorial first. Excellent masculine scents. Gone right off Blenheim Bouquet.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
Art of shaving's new bourbon amber is not bad. Got a sample of the oud suede as well.

Acqua di parma has a new high end scent called Mirra and it's pretty damn sexy.

güero

Ratings
Creed - wood and spices is identical to cdg - wonderwood. It is unreal. Maybe creed becomes a bit softer and rounder over time, but otherwise it is just the same. So anyone looking to save a couple of hundreds...

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
Creed - wood and spices is identical to cdg - wonderwood. It is unreal. Maybe creed becomes a bit softer and rounder over time, but otherwise it is just the same. So anyone looking to save a couple of hundreds...
The CdG is much much better

Top Bottom