The Fragrance Thread & SOTD

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Fathers’ Day is coming up, so I guess I should put a Mancera sampler on my list.

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
All but the Celestia
too bad that was the one that seemed the most interesting when they sprayed them on the cards. what do you think of the other two?

the guy also told me they were expecting a new fall release at some point in the summer.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
too bad that was the one that seemed the most interesting when they sprayed them on the cards. what do you think of the other two?

the guy also told me they were expecting a new fall release at some point in the summer.
The Vitae is ok, but it's not super different than another MFK I'm forgetting the name of at the moment. I wasn't super sold on the Universalis

Rambo

Supporter
Tried out the new Chanel Exclusif Le Lion. Pretty nice actually. Drydown is musky with a hint of powder. Not bad.

Rambo

Supporter
got a new bottle of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille so I can make more decants if anyone is still in the market.

also tried on Tom Ford's Beau du Jour the other day and I have to say it was pretty damn nice. thinking of investing in getting a little of this one as well.

Thruth

Created the finest posts in internet forum history
Supporter
got a new bottle of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille so I can make more decants if anyone is still in the market.

also tried on Tom Ford's Beau du Jour the other day and I have to say it was pretty damn nice. thinking of investing in getting a little of this one as well.
I'd be in. That is nice juice.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I might be in for TV - I can’t remember how much I have left at home. And if you are offering to decant something else, it would be fun to try something new.

Halberstram

For men of developed taste, I may praise the parfums of Didier Gaglewski from Grasse. A very fine man, he turned parfumeur out of personal circumstances. His parfums are extremely refined, a good nose immediately notices the difference in quality in all of his compositions. They are much more specific than good parfums of big brands.

Among many highlights, the „Cambouis“ stands out in my view: a purely virile scent which transforms pleasantly over the day. It translates to lubricating oil, to give you an idea. „En chemin“ is more estival without lacking substance and gently blends flowery, fruity aspects with fine woody notes. I’m not having anything else but Gaglewski apart from my cherished Terre d’Hèrmes which is now available even with Vétiver !

florisgreen

For men of developed taste, I may praise the parfums of Didier Gaglewski from Grasse. A very fine man, he turned parfumeur out of personal circumstances. His parfums are extremely refined, a good nose immediately notices the difference in quality in all of his compositions. They are much more specific than good parfums of big brands.

Among many highlights, the „Cambouis“ stands out in my view: a purely virile scent which transforms pleasantly over the day. It translates to lubricating oil, to give you an idea. „En chemin“ is more estival without lacking substance and gently blends flowery, fruity aspects with fine woody notes. I’m not having anything else but Gaglewski apart from my cherished Terre d’Hèrmes which is now available even with Vétiver !
Interesting. Where do you buy them from?

Halberstram

I regularly visited his shop in Grasse. With me not having been in France for quite some time, I‘ll likely order via the webshop. He also speaks very good German, an impressive personality.

Rambo

Supporter
tried out a sample of the new Mont Blanc Legend EdP today. surprisingly good actually for a department store brand. i got a few compliments wearing it

Pimpernel Smith

That London Underground one sounds dreadful.

Nicely presented though, as is the London underground map. Still, the awful traffic permitting, I would prefer to take a cab with a driver who's taken The Knowledge. You can have a good chat on your way too.

florisgreen

That London Underground one sounds dreadful.

Nicely presented though, as is the London underground map. Still, the awful traffic permitting, I would prefer to take a cab with a driver who's taken The Knowledge. You can have a good chat on your way too.
To me that packaging is just awful and would discourage me to buy it even if I'd like the fragrance.

Rambo

Supporter
just read that the whole Zara fragrance lineup is finally available online for us here in the US. supposedly some pretty decent scents for cheap.

florisgreen

just read that the whole Zara fragrance lineup is finally available online for us here in the US. supposedly some pretty decent scents for cheap.
It would be great, but I'm a little distrustful when I see such bargain prices. Can something that cheap be any good?

Nice, restrained packaging, I think I'll give a try.

florisgreen

Somehow off topic: what's your favourite after shave? Mine is the classic Floid. It's originally from Spain, but was for long time produced under licence (slightly different) in Italy, where it has cult status.

I use at the moment this vintage Italian version:
FLOID_VINTAGE_ITALY.jpg

robertito

Somehow off topic: what's your favourite after shave? Mine is the classic Floid. It's originally from Spain, but was for long time produced under licence (slightly different) in Italy, where it has cult status.

I use at the moment this vintage Italian version:
View attachment 38682

I actually have the same one , but the menthol version. you still can find it easily in supermarkets in Spain. unique and peculiar smell

robertito

It would be great, but I'm a little distrustful when I see such bargain prices. Can something that cheap be any good?

Actually Zara's vibrant leather is a perfect clone of Aventus. It doesn't last the same but the dry down is 100% same.

Vetiver Pamplemousse is nearly as good as the Hermes one for a fraction of the price.

I dont see anything wrong with Zara fragances.

Rambo

Supporter

there were a few fragrances in the fragrantica article i posted above. i've seen a few good reviews for the mens stuff as well. worth doing your homework on as I have no experience with them.

florisgreen

I was in a Zara store yesterday and tried three of their fragrances: Vetiver Pamplemousse, Fleur de Patchouli (under ladies perfumes, though unisex) and Vibrant Leather Eclat de Bergamote (men). I don't like the last one, modern in a bad sense, I do the other two, rather "clean" and fresh. My favourite is Fleur de Patchouli, a very agreeable fragrance at an unbeatable price. Nothing spectacular, but a good value for sure.

Rambo

Supporter
My favourite is Fleur de Patchouli, a very agreeable fragrance at an unbeatable price. Nothing spectacular, but a good value for sure.
which is exactly what you're looking for. is it fredric malle? no, obviously not, but its not $300 a bottle either.

Rambo

Supporter
Got a bunch of samples of the Christian Dior exclusif line. So far only the Ambre Nuit got high marks. Bois d’argent, eden roc, and oud rosewood all only fair at best.

Panama

Shaved with a Fatip with Gillette Silver Blue. Tabac soap and aftershave. I love the smell of Tabac.

florisgreen

Yesterday I tried for the second time Acqua di Parma Colonia Futura: I really like it, my favourite in their collection. It's fresh and restrained, quite more bitter than the traditional Colonia, which to me is too sweet.

357f30d69b32300e1ac9a1e26eaafbef.jpg

Top Bottom