I was looking through the ebay thread on SF for advice and came across this - Americans lol

Originally Posted by drlivingston

Quick tax question. Whenever I thrift, I always have my baby Glock (Glock 26) concealed on my person. I am contemplating giving that to the wife and purchasing a Glock 30S or Springfield XD for myself. If carried for personal protection while working, is it a legitimate tax deduction?

A personal protection firearm is usually considered as not being tax deductible - even when it is purchased to protect a business.

What sort of nut carries a gun going thrift shopping....
here in america, we take advantage of the few freedoms we have left, such as carrying a weapon into a Goodwill. you never know when a fight will break out over a dead man's jacket.

^Not a novel phenomenon. A whole bunch of gun companies tanked during Reagan administration. Gun sales thrive in an adverse legislative climate and go stagnant in a benign one. A Hillary presidency (and Hillary has been more outspokenly anti-gun than Obama ever was) would have created a tremendous boom in gun sales, and NRA memberships (and donations) would have soared.

You enjoy the hollywooding too?

Crisis%2BGirl%2BCookie%2BMonster.jpg

now this is a false flag attack? Scherensammler Scherensammler what are your false flag sources saying?

Any confirmed names of the victims yet? Footage of the actual shooting with real life bullets hitting real people (not the silly Hollywood stuff where it's always just a flesh wound and they can walk it off).
Isn't there a decision about open carry in airports and other places coming up tomorrow or so?

A new pistol for the Army is probably a good thing. The M9 -- what we use now; a military version of the Beretta 92F -- is a decent pistol if you have big hands and if there's nothing wrong with it, but so many of them are so worn out that they're pretty much useless. On deployment you generally take a 92F rebuild kit with you -- spring, follower, mags -- and then swap the old, tired shit back in when you turn the weapon in.

With a good M9 I usually shoot Expert (26-30/30) at the high end of my unit. It's not a bad gun: heavy, flat-shooting, virtually-recoil-free, and my only real hatred is the double-action first pull (you can negate that by cocking the hammer as long as no one is looking), but good ones are becoming harder and harder to come by. They're just so fuckin' old that it's really a lottery as to how well you'll shoot, and the only time we ever shoot anymore is once a year to qualify, and if you don't shoot well enough to qualify, you get dinged on your evals. A couple of ranges ago the pistol assigned to my lane had a burr in the feed ramp and kept jamming; I ran out of rounds from having to cycle the action and only got a passing score that iteration because I dropped the empty magazine and threw it at one of the targets, knocking it down. So. Many. Pushups.

We'll see how bad this new gun sucks. Probably a lot. They're going to do the same thing with this that they did with the ACU pattern; lowest bidder, doesn't matter if it works or not, and the generals who green-lighted the thing will all be on the board of Sig in 10 years.

We'll see how bad this new gun sucks. Probably a lot. They're going to do the same thing with this that they did with the ACU pattern; lowest bidder, doesn't matter if it works or not, and the generals who green-lighted the thing will all be on the board of Sig in 10 years.
8b5.gif

FWIW, I hate guns. I shoot exceptionally well and teach marksmanship at my unit, but I feel the same way about guns that other people do about clowns and tarantulas. I own guns and take them to the range to practice because it's my job to be able to shoot well. But I'd love a job that doesn't involve guns. Or yelling. Or running. Or being told what to do. I really resent almost every part of my fuckin' job, come to think of it, but at this point I'm not really fit for anything else so I might as well ride it out.

How much would it cost to go to a range in the states and shoot a box of pistol ammo?
There is a range in the next town and they want 90CAD to shoot 50 rounds out of a Glock 17... Am I getting fleeced?

The M9 needs replacement and a striker-fired system seems to meet modern military needs. The modularity of the 320 seems rather unnecessary to me. A 4 to 5" 9mm barrel fulfills the requirements of almost all the sidearm carrying officers, heavy weapons operators, RMPs and office workers.

It's not a pistol I would want to own or would enjoy shooting, but I guess it hasn't been proven to suck yet.

How much would it cost to go to a range in the states and shoot a box of pistol ammo?
There is a range in the next town and they want 90CAD to shoot 50 rounds out of a Glock 17... Am I getting fleeced?
Yes. That's insane. I haven't been in years but a box of ammo was about $20 and a gun rental was roughly $10-15.

$15 for an hour on the range
$10 pistol rental
$12 for a box of 9mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom